1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Everyone's a threat!

Only problem here was DRB didn't aim for the torso or head!

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I shot the bandit that caused the all those deaths and 1 other who was looting who I also thought to be a bandit (but wasn't) cos he appeared very soon after that first kill. The place really was littered with bodies though and not zombie ones.

edit:
    I've killed 10-12 people in the whole time I've had the game, 3 just for the hell of it murders, 1 bandit kill and the rest self defence.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I think I'm finally fed up with team play and am going back to solo, or maybe playing with you lot if anyone's on at the right time. Seems like every time I log in something bad happens in a situation I would have avoided while alone and our selfish want-to-be leader is driving me up a wall. Every time there's a scoped rifle he just has to have it because he's Mr. xX420NoSc0pExSn1p3rXx despite having a) no idea of what any given range looks like and b) no idea how to use mil-dots despite me explaining them. Additionally, he has no idea how to navigate either by maps or by common "we've been here 20 times now" sense.

So why do I think I'm any better? Here's how last night ended: All of us dead and everything we had, including a bus and an ATV gone. Here's what our leader did to get us there: got killed while riding the ATV, crushed the ATV with the bus later, wasted M107 ammo missing two players, and "kept watch" by not seeing a sniper who eventually killed us all. Here's what I did: kill his ATV attacker, reclaim the ATV and his body, find the bus (which I kindly let him drive to avoid begging), killed the two players he missed and did the dangerous work of looting bus parts while my back was supposedly being covered.

And the worst part: he has the nerve to say that dying is part of the game after all of this.

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

i finally got some comp time over the weekend, mostly sat..anyone on...how do i add and find people on this? barely touched it so far!

5. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

Danny shot at me while I was glitched/server lagging to see what happened, even though I explicitly told him not to, nothing happened, when connection came back I died and lost everything!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A few minutes later he got shot :p

Last edited: 21 Jul 2012
  6. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Join up with the BT guys - it's a lot more light hearted than what you are describing.

7. Dannyman191

Dannyman191 What's a Dremel?

I said i was sorry :(

8. SMIFFYDUDE

Am I just being paranoid or does a server populated only by people using normal names as apposed to online nicknames seem a bit suspect? I've convinced myself they're all going to be hackers.

9. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

who are you even playing with... play with bt

10. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Seriously, dude you need to join us. We could use a guy like you. We are working on making our communication better after some careless mistakes got us killed (think driving up to a heli crash site with a jeep lol). We have no leader and no designated sniper. If there is major loot, it gets split, and the more snipers the better I say. I usually like to have a high calibre rifle to snipe with or cover the squad, as do a couple of other guys. Its a lot of fun.

11. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

What Dayz server do you usually play on? or is it random when you get a group together?

12. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

we usually pick one when we're meeting up. there is a campsite on a server somewhere but i forget the server and i've not actually been to it myself.

Betty and I have raided Cherno and headed north, I'm hiding south of Stary while i have lunch.

I am having Beans.

13. MiNiMaL_FuSS

is there a friend system at all, or are we all meeting on mumble or steam or somthing?

14. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

we hop on mumble, though the dayzcommander launcher lets you add player names and see what servers they're on.

15. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

do not name the server with the base adrock :) only trustworthy people should know`

16. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

How do you turn mouse sensitivity down in game? Even on my mouse's lowest setting it's way to sensitive. (I don't want to turn the mouse's sensitivity down as it will affect all my other games and general use).

17. SMIFFYDUDE

Options>Controls>x&y axis sliders on right side of window

terrorbyt likes this.
  18. MiNiMaL_FuSS

you better pm me then fluy!

19. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Thanks buddy :)

Just going to install Dayz now :0

20. MiNiMaL_FuSS

which mumble server are peeps using for day-z?