1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Get all DLCs, no matter which Fallout game! All of them but one are a requirement for most mods. The only one you can leave out is Courier's Stash, that one is a cheat and s***s.

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's a fairly good description. FO:NV is much harder to get into than 3, it's just so sporadic and unstructured. Yes the gameplay is slightly better (melee is vastly improved though)but as a complete game, 3 is far superior in my opinion. New Vegas is just a cluster f*** of far too many quests, all at once and mutliple factions which just get in the way of everything else.

If you like the RPG element then 3 all the way, if you just want to roam around and shoot **** up with little regard the RPG side then go New Vegas.

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

think i'll give it a miss!

I prefer structure with a little freedom (like the witcher 1/2) in my rpgs.

got plenty to play through anyway due to the steam sales.

thanks though :)

4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

New Vegas uses Steamworks, so you are fine.

Fallout 3 uses GfWL, but can be played without Live installed or started as Steam downloads the DLCs into your main game folder.

5. pingu666

pingu666 What's a Dremel?

seriously no one is interested in my orcs must die 2 ? :( 9quid

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Based on all the advice I have gone flipside on y'all and gone for Fallout 3 GOTY instead.

I hadn't realised it was GOTY edition and I figure, there's no way I'm gonna have finished with GTA:IV, Witcher 1 and Fallout 3 (plus my Stalker games) by this time next year - at which time New Vegas with all the DLC will probably be as cheap.

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Is Splinter Cell: Conviction worth getting for 3.74 EUR (or 4.99 EUR for the Deluxe Edition)? Need to make my mind up within the next 4 hours (approx.).

Likewise, is Red Orchestra 2 GOTY worth getting for 4.49 EUR? Also, what are they on about when they try to upsell you the Deluxe Edition for 6.24 EUR talking about stuff that's included on top of the standard edition when the GOTY edition is the only other version you can actually buy? RO2 is today's daily deal so there's a bit more time to make my mind up. :)

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

GameStop/Impulse has the Dungeons & Dragons Ultimate Pack on sale for 17.99 USD right now.

Items included are:
    Pretty awesome value, tbfh.

EDIT: This deal is apparently valid until 5 August.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2012
  9. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I enjoyed Splinter Cell when I played it but I know alot of my friends weren't happy that it is a newer more action orientated game rather than Sam Fisher of old.

azrael- likes this.
  10. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

Me and my flatmate in final year at Uni bought Conviction in the sale... Must be about 18months ago now! Either way, both loved it - after completing the main mission, find someone to play the coop with. Both single & coop modes are good, with well balanced AI, a nice mix of stealth & the odd mass-shoot out.

I recommend!!! As for deluxe, it depends on your preference - it's still the same game, just a few extra toys to play with. :thumb:

azrael- likes this.
  11. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Sorry just to reiterate this! MS DIE!!! Bloody games for bloody window bloody live! An hour its taken me to get into Batman, I don't want to muck around with GFWL I don't have time for this **** any more I just want to play my game for an hour!

12. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Thanks to both of you! :)

13. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Sure it might of been mentioned but most of the Need For Speed titles are 75% off each even though it isn't advertised. You can see some by clicking the Burnout Flash Sale which they appear to be linked to as the countdown is the same.

All these are 75% off for another 4 hours and change:

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Need for Speed Undercover
    Need for Speed: Shift
    Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed

14. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Gah stupid Australia. Another "This game is not avaliable in your regeon" Even though you can buy it in the stores physicaly here in New Zealand you can't have it on Steam. All because the Aussies had a namby pamby approch to censorship and left out an R18 rating. And when they added the ratting recently they decided it was too much work to go back re-rate the games they denied.
    Not that I particularly want Risen, I just want the option of buying it on Steam. Stupid Australia.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Anyone have an opinion on whether Red Orchestra 2 is worth picking up?

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I was posing this same question last night. I've since come to the conclusion that I'll most likely skip it myself.

17. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

I don't know the answer to that question but it did remind me that I bought the BeMine3 bundle that had Red Orchestra Osfront in it...AND that I was sent a gift code for a free bundle (early buyers bonus). I assume it still works so if anyone wants it let me know.

IIRC games were Abes Oddysey/exodus, red orchestra osfront, hamilton's great adventure, Avernum the second trilogy, and some more I can't remember. Most had steam keys.

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

My god - I have just tried to play and GFLW's **** design is stopping me from playing. FFS, it's on steam, it uses securom to, why in gods name does it also need GFWL!!!

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I had no issues at all, Signed in, and started playing, Simple.

Sam

20. krunedog2

krunedog2 What's a Dremel?

Is this still going?

Absolutely love the first 1 - 5 skulled everything just the other week :D

will pre order anyway but will happily help you out?
    Let me know