1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Nice Spawn house!!!

btw.. server is down.. right?

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It shouldn't have been... But it looks like the hosting company were having a few issues with some server nodes today; it's back up now however...

Apologies about that, it was working fine a few hours ago.

Also, after JrRRr pointed out some issues yesterday, I've rebuilt the dynamic map - it no longer looks all screwy...

3. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Thanks.. ..DynMap looks fine! And the spawnhouse: Awsome! :rock:

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm surprised it worked, actually... I built it on my creative/survival server, and imported it using WorldEdit and .schematic files. Glad it worked.

5. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

IT WASN'T ME!
    I hope...

I have been away from playing MC for a while - the Karoshi thing has kept me busy, and a different project (still related to Karoshi) will keep me busy over the next few days/weeks. But I still need to get that solar panel factory finished before BLC...

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Unfortunately, I think I've got you beat there... I didn't set up a full production line though, it was done in stages (circuits first, then generators, then finally panel assembly). I rather overshot though: I was aiming for 5120 solar panels and I ended up with 5400 odd.

All those solar panels for just 11 HV arrays... It almost felt like a waste.... Until I saw the amount of power they generate!

Oh, and don't feed items directly into the automatic crafting table - place the crafting table next to one or more standard chests (may work with Iron/Gold/Crystal, but not with alchemical) and feed the items into the chests. The crafting table will pull the materials from adjacent chests - almost completely stopped any overflows during my production runs.

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Meh. I'm currently working on Rob's farm. At the moment it's just sheer excess of furnace that's getting thrown about. Not sure how I can slow that down, though, without having to somehow double the input of iron in to make generators...

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Anything Interesting happen on the server? Someone may wany to turn off my diamond block production, and my red stone engines too. There's levers for both. I'd do it but I wont have internet till Tuesday...

9. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

YGPM :thumb:

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I probably won't be joining the server again for at least 3/4 days; I'll be moving house, so I won't have the chance to log on. I'll still be contactable through here, however.

Yeah, I checked them today; I think I actually turned your diamond generator off a few days ago - the crystal chests would have overflowed by now if not.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hello all.

Quick question: will bad things happen if refineries run dry while still being powered? If so, could someone switch off the refineries and oil pumps at the back of my place? :)

I think Virgin have now cut us off and I wont have a fixed line connection again until Wednesday evening!

12. .//TuNdRa

All the same; I've turned off Rob's solar factory, took roughly half the panels, finished another segment on my roof.

To get the system running again; reconnect the missing piece of glass-fiber cable, then place in the missing eight wooden pipes from the condensers.

Just be sure to have a wrench handy.

And for the love of god; remove the wooden pipes once you're finished. It pretty much will crash the server if left alone for far too long. It's pretty high maintenance.

Also; Did anyone say EMC overkill?

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Jul 2012
  13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Why not just add redstone wire and a lever to turn everything off from one point?

14. .//TuNdRa

Because everything is running off energy links, and killing power to the energy links doesn't actually seem to stop the damn things. They seem to just run forever. I don't understand what's going on there.

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its probably built up unused BC power. I get it with Quarries, turn off the engines and the quarry runs for a minute. All I can suggest is run less power into it...

16. .//TuNdRa

We're running less than 3 EU/t into the energy links that pull items from the condensers. They still run for over ten minutes after power is removed.

17. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

thats because its way more power than it needs. Juse use redstone engines, its what their for...

18. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Energy links pull items at a phenomenal rate, at around 8 items per 1EU/t. Redstone engines work (at full heat) at 1 MJ/s, which is 0.05MJ/t, which is 0.125EU/t. Seeing as IC2 energy is much easier to control and transport (and it is much 'faster') we use water mills in ratio for each material, which powers the wooden pipes with energy links. If we were to run them off redstone engines, we would need 6 engines on the slowest material (furnaces) but 60 engines on the fastest one (iron). Which is completely unfeasible.

19. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm just trying to get around your control issues, as being able to turn it off fast is useful as we've discovered :p

20. .//TuNdRa

Rofl. Pull the wooden pipes out, it shuts off in under two minutes after that, even churns out a few more solar panels during the shutdown, too.