1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fuus, 12 Jul 2012.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

It's been a bit rubbish this sale as far as daily deals go, it's the same games getting the big discounts.

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

If you enjoyed it would you say it's worth the €4.99 they are asking just now ? I think my PC's specs should be ok, my monitor only runs at 1680x1050 and I have an xbox controller if I need one.

Cheers for the info by the way :rock:

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No problem and yeah I'd say so but feel free to wait for someone else's opinion. I've also made a slight edit that may be worth reading.

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

FEAR 3 isn't worth it, short campaign, little horror. Me and a friend absolutely monstered it in under five hours of gameplay, and I only remember being slightly creeped out, rather than scared in the same way the original FEAR manages.

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Thanks guys, I'll probably leave FEAR if it isn't scary anymore. And I'll hold off on Driver SF until tomorrow afternoon, before the deal ends so I can read up on what there DRM is like. If its only at game bootup I guess its not too bad.

6. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Is combined operations worth the £19.99? So far all I've bought is the GTA collection for £4.99, not sure what else to get, what are the best bargains?

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Arma is a military simulator best played with friends through voice comms, the DLC of DayZ adds a new dimension, some guys are loving the DayZ DLC and swear by it.

Also ARMA can be very taxing on your system, make sure you can run it :thumb:

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Borderlands GOTY edition

Hello all

Ok, Borderlands GOTY edition is back on a deal for £4.99 or the four pack for just under £15.

Is anyone interested in getting the four pack?, the current deal ends around 4pm GMT if i done my sums right.

If we get enough takers i have to be cheeky and ask if someone will cover my payment until i get back in later ( Away walking in the cheviot's, so would find it hard to read any post there :thumb:)
    Dont worry i WILL pay my way if this goes through, Paypal or BT is fine.

Drop me a PM, i will reply tonight :thumb:

Thanks guys

9. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

What do we reckon the chances of arma coming down are? I'm new to the franchise but fancy a play, my pc can take it so why not. But at £20 for combined, doesn't seem much of a saving at present.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'd say not very high seeing as tomorrow is the last day of the sale.

11. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

how much would my system struggle with Arma 2? (check my sig)

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Even if it doesn't go on sale, and goes back up to whatever steams normal price is, its £19.99 on Bohemias store at non sale prices.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Here's the kicker of the day. There's one daily deal not available in either the UK or the rest of Europe. It is, however, available in the US. It's 40% off at 17.99 USD. Guess which game it is... ;)

However, if you directly look for the game the "Combined" editon can be found for 14.99 EUR or 14.99 GBP, respectively.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Just seen this on steam sale group.

So, is that going to be the next games on sale.

*edit*
    Oh wait, I see, the items have already changed for the US, but not for UK yet.
    Just used a US proxy, now my steam store is showing the US stuff, and ARMA2 as a "not available in your country".

Weird, :D

*edit2*
    Oh, it's just gone 6, that's why they've changed. :D

God damn, why can't we have ARMA2??? Still not as good as Bohemias £14.99, damn, I should have bought it then.

15. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Look up.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah I know, I didn't realise the games had changed, so thought I'd found the announcement for the next sale, didn't realise it had gone 6pm, :D

17. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

No. Read my post. Thoroughly. :)

18. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

If you serach for ARMA 2 you can get combined operations for £14.99 in the UK

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Did you add that in later, :D

I'm sure that wasn't there before, :D :D

Well, thats £49.21 spent this sale, probably quite good for me, :D, although I'm now going to have to see if I can find some junk to try and sell, :D :D

20. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You don't say... :p
    Oh, it was... :D And you can even buy it. Well, at least I could put it in my cart, but since I don't want it I stopped short of hitting the Purchase button.

EDIT: Just noticed that it's actually as cheap in EUR as in USD, which amounts to approx. 11.5 GBP.