1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WOW:MOP release date

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Harlequin, 25 Jul 2012.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Haven't played for well over a year after getting to 85 on 5 chars. Game is in decline and has nothing to offer. The only reason to play it is because of the social aspects IMO.

GW2 end of August, I already predict low sales in comparison to other expansions.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Isn't that a date best forgotten by most WoW players? :p

4. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

And on that day......
    ;)

Been out of WoW for so long now. I'd say it's liberating but I moved to ToR (stopped that just after the server merges) and now I'm rabidly waiting on GW2 after having tested the beta last weekend.

You have to wonder what the sales will be like following the GW2 release. Noting that there must be a load of folk who decided D3 was worth £80 of WoW time on the yearly pass, I reckon they will be able to spout great sales figures and tidy active subs.

I'd ask if anyone was seriously going to pay £10 for the "deluxe edition" which gets you a mount, but the number of people on That Retarded Horse I saw running round Dalaran way back when kinda answers that already ¬¬

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

And there's me with two gold Everquest accounts...

6. rollo

rollo Modder

Still has 10mil active subs 90-95% of those will eventually buy most companies would dream of those sales figures, can't say I'll return either despite most mmos I've played since then been pretty rubbish.

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

How come?

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Cause most of us are in remission from the wow drug lol

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Because Mist of Pandoria more or less turns WoW into a playable Kung Fu Panda? ;)

10. Digi

Here we go again. They do not have 10 million active subs, they have 10 million accounts that have been subbed within the last 6 months to a year, I can't remember which it is, those stats are so fudged it's unbelievable.

A reliable source has put it at between 2-3 million ACTIVE subs, I'll find the article somewhere..

As I said, it's not set to break any records because people have had enough of a nearly 8 year gear grind and that's that. There will be no new mechanics that aren't hashes of what's already there. There will be no raid that is not the same. PvP will not evolve. Blizzard has lost the ability to innovate - some blame lies in the engine, some in activision, most in themselves.

11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

£30 for standard , £40 for digital deluxe version with mount / pet and D3/Sc2 bits - £60 for the boxed collectors

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'd say that a lot of what kills innovation is the engine, but Blizzard still has lost much of its characteristic polish with all of the things it adds to WoW.

Looking at the number of different features they're trying to add and how those features are actually implemented shows that they're trying to innovate and keep the game fresh, but the implementation is always shoddy as they use an old engine clearly not designed around what they're trying to do and instead of cutting their losses they throw it in anyway and try to mask the flaws.

What immediately comes to mind is the quest line/cinematic in Cataclysm when going to Twighlight Highlands as Horde. A fleet of air airships is assembled and move out in formation, supposed to be quite epic looking. Until one of the airships (the vanilla WoW model) flies right through a bridge, then has a crashing "animation" of simply doing a few front flips while a flame effect was added. I burst out laughing, it was almost painful to watch. The game can't handle what they're trying to do and the more they try to add to it the worse it ends up.

13. Digi

Straw. Camel. Back. That's got to be a joke. They're clearly trying to milk the last buck out of the franchise.

14. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

6 months ago I would be ecstatic from this anouncement, but now I couldn't care less, in fact I don't have a single f**k to give - and that was before D3 and that horrific price Harlequin just mentioned.

Cheers!

*gets coat*

15. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

So right around the time of the Rift Expansion Release. Though I am hoping that will be more like end of Oct

16. Digi

I'm sorry to be the voice of cynicism but RIFT, despite being a well put together game, has no soul whatsoever and is even more of a grind than WoW in a lot of ways.

Right, I'll try and refrain from putting more negativity in to this topic.

17. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

Hehe, I won't bother arguing with you about Rift, given my long standing disgust with WoW and its unfathomable popularity, it would be a neverending arguement and I am not passionate enough about my games to get all upset because someone thinks what I like sucks.

As for no Soul, the game has lots of soul - 7 per class in fact :D

Rift has its market and I wouldn't want a poorly timed expansion to be overshadowed by the mammoth that is WoW. No game has a chance against a game that clearly made a deal with the devil to get its success :)

Digi likes this.
  18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

just ordered boxed collectors

*gasp* i hear from you all

and it`ll be on the bay the very next day for double the price ;) did the same with D3 collectors - allways some muppet want to pay over the odds :D

19. Digi

I lol'd. :lol: You're right though, if you enjoy it then who am I to say otherwise.

@ Harlequin - ROFL. That's a great trick.. :thumb:

20. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

yeah was happy - got £160 for D3 collectors 3 days after D3 came out ;)