1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

last night:

[​IMG]

powered by:

[​IMG]

glad i had my trusty tripp-lite UPS powering the computers themselves. that generator was putting out some pretty terrible power. about 98volts at 56hz instead of 120/60 nominal.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

You win over us, I put my wife's system together with minutes to spare before the weekend went live. That is dedication.

Current count is Norn Mesmer, Norn Guardian, Human Necro. Sylvari something or other, and a wild card, whatever I think will be decent fun.

3. Wicked_Sludge

i played a sylvari mesmer until about level 10 and either the mesmer, the sylvari, or both made for some pretty craptacular gaming. switched over to a charr ranger and had great fun until beta end, achieving level 22 by the end. i still think im going to go with norn engineer as my primary after launch. the engineer is just too much fun to play.

4. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

So what were the general opinions? My mate enjoyed it immensely, whilst also being realistic about some small flaws - such as voice acting. We are more PvP oriented and he said this was a very dynamic and interesting. Overall he expected that it would have some longevity for once instead of the usual 1-3 months MMO that loses it's shine.

I respect his opinion as we have played MMO's together for over 5 years and MMO's in general for 10 and 12 respectively but I'd like a 2nd opinion as usual..

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'm more interested in end game pvp with GW2, so for the beta I went for an Asura elementalist. Figured the smallest target in world pvp would be more difficult to click on so people may ignore me over a larger target first. I didn't do any of the pve content since I figured on release I would be doing it. I only did world vs world and I had a lot of fun with it, though I only played for a few hours. I'm very excited for the game!

I'm very optimistic about the pvp because a few of the staff from mythic that worked on dark age of camelot helped develop GW2, and I feel dark age of camelot had the best pvp system around. If you notice in the world vs world there are 3 servers against each other, and each server has their own home zone and can enter the other 2 servers zones, that came out of dark age of camelot, though in DAoC they had 3 factions and each faction had a zone. I'm just really excited!

6. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I love the PvP in GW2. The tournaments are alot of fun when other good teams are going against you. Just spoil by some sore losers, me and my friends came against some esports teams and beat them quite badly but they blame it on our broken setups and that it's not anything to do with us playing together well.

Really enjoying the Ranger and Warrior professions in PvP, didn't do any PvE except the tutorial. Looking forward to levelling though as the events look fun, much better than general questing from other games like WoW/Rift/SW etc.

My friend, who is the warrior for our team made a video from this BWE if you guys want to watch it. :) I'm the Ranger for the team (Smellyead). This is our condition based team anyway in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IsYX1OmEFQ

7. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I got a refund, first time I think I've ever done that. It's not a bad game though, it's just not for me. Whether you would like it or not depends on what kinds of things you like. To me the PVE was just like WoW all over again, and therefore to me it was totally worthless. The PVP battleground thingies were pretty good, the WvW was a huge let down because I hoped for more. I thought about sticking with it just to play the competition PVP, battlegrounds / tournaments and stuff, but I decided that seeing as I really didn't like all the other stuff, and for £50, I would better just getting my money back and then buying Planetside 2 or Mechwarrior Online instead. For just multiplayer online combat, I think I would be better off getting a game like one of those which is entirely focused on providing the best experience you can get. And then I'll have to get my RPG fix somewhere else. Probably from ArcheAge next year.

But again, that's just me. My real life friends liked it and don't understand why I didn't like it (because they didn't ask). I did see a lot of people with similar thoughts to me though on the official forum before it went down, so I'm not entirely alone.

8. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Anyone interested in playing some guild wars 1 before the second is released?

I've a few missions in prophecies to finish before starting the new one :)

9. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Loved beta.

I had fears for the dynamic events being like Warhammers area quest things.
    Luckily, they are awesome :)
    Didn't PVP any but looking forward to that for release.

Happy with the Necro for my main too :)

Roll on 28/08 :)

10. Digi

25th if you pre-order! 3 days early entry. :thumb:

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Isn't it 25th if you Pre-Purchase, I didn't think Pre-Orders got in 3 days early?

12. Digi

Subtle difference but I believe you may be right. If they make a distinction..? :confused:

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Is it a little sad that I've booked a week off? :lol:

14. Digi

No lol.. it's nice to be able to sit back and relax with a good new game. I hope the weather is not as hot though or otherwise you're gonna have betty swallocks constantly.. :lol:

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Oh god don't remind me, I think my ghetto fan might make another appearance :lol:

[​IMG] :D

16. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Well reminded that man.

I have also booked off 4 days that week (the Monday is a bank holiday)

:D

17. Wicked_Sludge

ghetto mods you say?

[​IMG]

its been that way for the better part of a year :D

18. KayinBlack

Anyone decided on what server they want to play on?

19. Wicked_Sludge

My girlfriend, a friend of ours, and i were playing on fort aspenwood for the last beta. not sure if thats what we will be on come launch or not....

20. KayinBlack

We did Ehmry Bay and Gate of Madness, and I thought Ehmry was better. We're undecided as well...