1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'General' started by Hamfunk, 19 Jul 2012.

1. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I thought it was a good movie, but not a good as number 2.

It was almost to much of a movie and not enough of a film

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

Saw it last night, unfortunately i cant say i loved it, the first two films are great but i felt there was so much more to be had from this one.

The story was plentyfull, you could go on and on covering what happened between the 2nd and 3rd films etc, but i felt u heard n saw everything you needed.

A few actions scenes lacked for me, there was your usual build up to the end, then it went flat.

It certainly was a good watch, but left feeling a little dissappointed.

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Disappointing tbh with a few mistakes. Action was lacking compared to the previous films and I seriously thought eye of the tiger would play at one point it was that cheesy. All the big plot twists where predictable. Either that or I'm getting good at guessing.
    didn't gorden hint the whole way through the film it was wane as batman!?

4. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

LOL. I totally thought that on more than one occasion in the film.
    Regarding Bane's mask. I recently broke my leg and was given what they called a 'green whistle' in the ambulance which was an inhaler for a morphine type drug. So his mask is plausible for me.

5. Prowler_88

Prowler_88 What's a Dremel?

Really enjoyed it, and got more out of it though the second watch. Some of the bits I found annoying first time around didn't annoy they second time. Knowing what to expect with Bane's voice helped, and I understood all of his lines the second time round - some of his lines with that voice sound awesome.

Only niggle that remains is the lack of a grip on time passing particularly near the end of the film. I wish my watch could skip about at speed and then and slow time down they way they did!

Rather than rate each film individually, they tied things together well enough, and at such a consistently high level, that rating TDKR as a stand alone film doesn't sit right with me. I'd quite happily give a 10/10 for all three together :D

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

That's methoxyflurane, a non-opoid (ie: nothing like morphine) analgesic that can be used for short term relief. It's easier than nitrous oxide to use, which is why it is now becoming common in ambulances.
    However, totally impractical for use in Bane's mask, as you can't take too much of it as the kidneys start being damaged. Something like a subcutaneous morphine pump would be better, but wouldn't look like the mask

7. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I watched it, I loved it.

There were flaws yes, the audio particularly grated on me, it just wasn't mixed well and the music was waaay too loud (Well, not too loud, just too much louder than the vocal), but I'll let all of them go for just how superb the three have been.

Absolutely brilliant, I can't wait to watch all three together.

I'm going to go again in the morning, 10 am showing. Hopefully it will be a little bit quiet and I can go on my own. I much prefer the cinema on my own.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

So, I saw it on Tuesday night. Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed it, I did miss a few bits, so I'm going to see it again tonight :thumb:

9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Finally got round to watching it yesterday. The only film I have wanted to go and see for ages having absolutely loved the previous two.

What an absolutely terrible film.

Very dissapointing.

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

My list of stupid plotholes:

The back-breaking. Come on. Please.

The breaking out of the prison - again, maximum cheesy-mode engaged.

The whole "3000 cops survive on rations coming by crane and can still fight against automatic weapons"

The fact that they did not have a remote cut-off switch for an experimental vehicle like the Tumbler, I'm sorry, WHAT?

But still.. I'll give it an 8/10.

The cheesy plot holes take away 1 point and the worse-than-average audio removes another.

11. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I tell you what the biggest plot hole was for me.

There was this one guy, he was running around dressed like A BAT! It was crazy yo. No one said anything about it, they were all like "Oh, that's just the bat man in his jet powered helicopter".

Mental, I tell you.

12. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

This.

I am not sure why people look for plausibility in a film based on a comic book.

I saw it last night sitting in a D-Box seat. I really enjoyed it. Much preferred it to the second.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Well, for me it's because there's no excuse for things like the timer etc being off in a film which cost that much.
    Why shouldn't it be realistic? Just because it's based on fiction doesn't suddenly mean we should ignore flaws.

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Nah mate, Eckhart was brilliant I thought. In fact, of all the movies I think that was paced best. TDKR was waaay too slow.

Did anyone else go into the movie either thinking Batman/Bruce would die/feign death but actually come out alive anyway? It's become so repetitive it's boring. Harry Potter dies and comes back to life. Shepard dies and comes back to life (depending on your ending). Batman dies and comes back to life. Utterly predictable.

15. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Maxcell and Sony were good but I definitely preferred TDK because of the tapes quality.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Because if you kill off the main protagonist in a popular series people cry foul and some send you death threats. I can only name a few obscure examples but I'm sure there are more relevant ones.

17. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I don't want it to be realistic. I watch documentaries for realism.

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Considering the film as a whole, there are elements from a great deal of Batman comics - The Bane one being most important, but The Dark Knight Returns for the faking death thing, The Ressurection of Ra's Al Ghul, Daughter of the Demon, and so on.

It's predictable, because it's all been done before - but in films made from trees >.>

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

You total pr*ck, you've just ruined Harry Potter and ME3 for me. How about abit of consideration? I've been saving ME3 until i'd made a re-run of ME1 and 2 and now look what you've done.

Please excuse my rage, although i do think it is proportional to the situation.

20. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

You probably don't want to know that Bruce Willis was a ghost in Sixth Sense then... oops.

Seriously getting that excited over spoilers in a film of a book that's about 5 years old and 9 months old respectively and a Game thats about 6 months old and with a plot which is hardly innovative in the first place. If that "twist" ruins it for you then I'd say you're going to be fairly disappointed.