1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. coffinator6

coffinator6 What's a Dremel?

F- that. For the cost of that, I can do way more to my motor and make more power than a twin cam can give me. Plus the twin cam kills the whole reason I love the 2.3, it's simplicity. Those .2 extra liters make a HUGE difference. It all in stroke, not bore. 2.5L ranger crank and some Chevy 5.7 rods.

With the 53mm turbo, fmic, stainless header, 3" DP I have combined with a set of 60lb injectors, 255lph pump, and a tune will net me over 300rwhp. The stock big VAM is makes at 350 crank hp. My last 2.3T made 275rwhp and put a hurting on my bolt on 03 GT with a 03 cobra IRS swap. It hade a stage3 60mm turbo and wouldn't even start to spool until 3k rpm. The current turbo on the car starts to spool at 2100-2200 and reaches full boost (8lbs)by 2800.

The car is actually for sale. Finally decided I'm going to build my ultimate sleeper. Just think of this with a big cammed LS1, C5 Z06 brakes...........………and AWD.

[​IMG]

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

major props for making it AWD, but everyone and their brother has a v8 s-10. id go 2.3 turbo in a ranger and make it AWD. or, my dream vehicle, a 3.0 SHO 5 speed in a ranger (maybe supercharged) with AWD.

3. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I quite like notchback Foxes! Best Fox for racing too... less weight!

As for the lights... aren't they the right lights for that year? I wasn't aware of any change from 83 onwards.. except lens colour for signal/reverse.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I spotted that first :D

They're from the next model. But yea you're right, the only difference is the color.

5. coffinator6

There are a ton of 2.3 and 2.5 turbo rangers popping up. Good luck making a ranger AWD. That would require major fab work. The Chevy is all a bolt in conversion using existing Chevy parts.

Yes I believe the housing are all the same. The lenses are just different. Fors changed in 87 to the lights that are on mine now. All lx hatch backs and all coupes had those lights. I'm not sure about the gt lights as I hate hatchbacks. I do know the 86 svo an the 93 cobra had different lenses.

6. coffinator6

Since I haven't been able to sell it, I'm stripping all the suspension and steering off the car. Then putting it on my daily driver. It has a/c and the cruise control even works. 93 4cyl 5 speed.

[​IMG]

7. Pookeyhead

Nice looking notchback.. good colour.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Mothers, not mine. I'll get one of my Defender next time I'm home in the country

[​IMG]

9. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

here is my current toy, had it 2 years now.

Clio 172. Quite tampered with at 210bhp 180ftlbs, spent a lot of time and money getting it right. Great fun during the warmer months.

No funny boost business, still normally aspirated on Jenvey throttle bodies and Cat Cams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Dunno why but I still this is the best-looking Clio model to date.

11. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

The Mk2 phase 1 (pre face lift) is the best one by far IMO, but it's all personal taste!

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I agree with that, MK2 phase 1 was the last of the good looking clio's. However not a fan of the interior, the girlfriends MK2 is horrible, the plastic is so cheap and it's not unique either. Still a fun car to chuck around.

13. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Definitely, it's pretty naff in the ph1, build quality was never there either. Chopped mine a fair bit though

[​IMG]

14. coffinator6

Thanks. It's my favorite fox color. It's about to get all the suspension, brake, and steering mods from the tan one.

15. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

they are getting more common, but still not as common as the v8 rangers/s-10s.

ive actually had the itch to build an AWD ranger for a while now. my idea is to either use the AWD BW4404 transfer case out of an explorer (my research suggests it bolts up) or, failing that, having a driveline shop install a viscous coupling in the front driveline which ive priced out just out of curiosity and its not too bad to do (about $100 including balancing). the latter has the advantage of being select-able so fuel economy wont suffer as much on long trips.

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

My trusty Toyota Pickup (Hilux in the rest of the world). It's still alive and awesome.

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Very nice! You can't go wrong with a German Car! Build quality is second to none! Me and my Missus are looking at getting a Q7. :)

David likes this.
  18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

She/we had the Mk1 as well. Love this one to bits. So comfy on 500+ mile drives and does 40+ MPG around town no probs.

19. Pookeyhead

Should be good. Drop a 302 in it while you're at it... would make a nice sleeper.

20. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

My R35, with SVM 750R kit.

Any other 35 owners here?

[​IMG]