1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project BIO-A10 by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 23 Apr 2012.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Log Update #28

Micro-update! Just letting you guys know things are OK, so don't think I've disappeared or anything. :worried:

Finally had the hardware that's going in this thing turned over to me. Asus Sabertooth P67 mobo (which has caused some unforeseen issues in regards to top exhaust fans because of the bloody shroud...), AMD 6950 Toxic GPU, etc. I know, "OMG! It's not cutting-edge hardware! That doesn't count as a mod!" :rolleyes: If you really believe that, you're an idiot; time to grow up. :lol:

Got the blocks mounted where they go... Don't worry; that backplate doesn't look like that anymore; merely a test-fitment there. :)

[​IMG]

I've also spent some time finishing up on the other side panel's mesh/grill weathering...

[​IMG]

And some boring, tedious crap like making and sleeving extension cables for the PSU since it was requested I don't do it to the PSU's stock cables. :rolleyes: I really should've made new cables entirely for it but oh well. I'm going to "mess" these up a bit more before things are done though...

God, I hate unisleeving. I know I'm in the minority, but it's a waste of materials!

[​IMG]

Special thanks to Mayhems Dyes for getting the care-package to me! :clap: Thanks to Customs on this side of the pond, I've had a bear of a time actually getting my hands on the stuff because of seizure of packages. Thanks, U.S. Government for keeping me safe from non-toxic vegetable-based dyes! :miffed:

[​IMG]

When I asked about an orange, Mayhems just sent me everything so I can make whatever I wanted.

[​IMG]

So I decided I wanted something more opaque so I opted to mix the regular dyes into some pastel white concentrate. Let's make some orangesicle fluid! Mixed with distilled water and ready to rock.

[​IMG]

Regarding Mayhems dyes... There's a lot of info and misinfo on the product out there. My advice is do your own research and form your own opinion on the stuff; an informed opinion. Nothing irritates me more than folks who fall for hearsay. Remember Feser's Xchanger being "better" than Thermochill's PA rad? Yeah, same thing. There's a difference between hype and actual hard data. "But, what about the gunk in the form of a giant worm that has miraculously formed in my loop within 36 hours after I filled the loop?!" :hehe: Come on, if you follow what Mayhems suggests, you won't have any issues.

I can't show a whole lot of other stuff, but I will drop this here.

[​IMG]

Alright, I'll try to get this thing wrapped up soon for you guys. I have something planned for this too... Plus I have a lot of other things creeping up on me that I'll need to tackle. Toodles!

[​IMG]

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hey! The government just wants to make sure that the fluids that go into you are only theirs. -Yes, I implied that...
    Nice orange, but it's not 'Minutemaid concentrate' orange. -I guess it wouldn't cool very well if it was chunky, though.

3. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Ahhhh, hes back on it.... :thumb:

Looks more like TANG to me....lol

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I look forward to seeing what you do with the cables/sleeving - I was expecting the sleeve itself to be some funky colour to fit the mod better but I suppose you know what you're doing :D

5. E.E.L. Ambiense

LOL! Oddly enough, I prefer chewing my OJ. :lol:

I see absolutely no pics of female genitals here, sir! :lol:

Nothing special. Just black/black to keep things "less-than-hokey", lol. Want to keep things as serious as a casemod themed around Biohazard would be. I learned my lesson in popular opinion in regards to loud color(s) in a build. :D

6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This is all looking superb E.E.L. definitely want to do a heavily weathered looking project some day. :D

Gives me a nice idea for doing a half & half so 50% looks pristine & new while the other half has been dragged through a warzone but blends over to each side, would be a excellent challenge too. :D

7. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Nice fluid. I, too, read on RRTech about Mayhems breaking down anc clogging up your system. Now, I've aquired some Mayhems Pastel Blueberry and a bottle of Mayhems UB Deep Blue bomb dye. Gonna make my OWN experience with this stuff. Good advice, E.E.L. :thumb:

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, man! I think everyone should tackle a weathered case. It's cathartic.

Yeah... don't want to name specific names, but just keep an eye on the source, is all. Only issue I've seen is stained insides of tubing, and that was one specific color (blood red). But seriously... it's DYE. And it's tubing. Run the stuff, fill the stuff, and enjoy the stuff! Rinse, repeat. Like all of our builds, right? :hehe: Enjoy the Mayhems, man!

9. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Yeh Blood Red contains a lot of Dye how ever were on the case. We have taken the step of listening to users and we have now removed the UV aspect of Blood Red. This will time to filter though how ever ever removing the UV aspect of the Blood Red it will no longer stain like mad :(.

If a user would like to make it UV again they can simple add UV pink to it :).

Glad to see it all arrived again. I think we need to kick USA customs up the ass some time as they are all ways stopping our gear but not a problem we all ways replace it :).

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Yeah I read something about that recently. I also assumed you guys were right on top of it too, which is true. Yes, Customs on this side of the pond is a little heavy-handed, as I mentioned before..."it's great they're keeping me safe from vegetable-based dyes". :rolleyes:

Thanks again, m8!

11. E.E.L. Ambiense

Just a quick little update letting you know the project isn't dead. I just have two small parts to wait on and then it'll be wrapped up in a (less than) pretty bow in the form of something I can't really talk about yet. :thumb:

Thanks BTW to whomever for the less-than-stellar star-rating on some of my logs. :hehe: Someone alerted me to this and I found it funny considering how I pay my bills. :lol:

Also it should be noted that the situation with Cooler Master has been rectified. The opening log post has been updated to reflect this change of events. I don't want any reader to think I'm some bitching lil' git or something because that's not how it was; I was angry and it was cathartic for me. I simply voiced in public (after exhaustive attempts at contact in private) about being wronged and it was fixed. Justice, if you will. I just hope CM uses it as a learning experience; you can't lose touch with your supporters, customers, partners, etc.

Deepest thanks and gratitude to Bill, Richard, Antony and Nic (CM US) for working on this. Your help is completely and sincerely appreciated. Raymen the STELLAR super-rep from CM Taiwan is a master of the craft. His reputation proceeded himself and I have nothing but nice things to say about him too. I've accepted the apology and accept the support by CM Taiwan going forward for my projects, so I can't ask for anything better. I just wanted an apology, TBH. Forgive, forget!

Don't you feel the love? :naughty: Yeahhhhh...that's right....come'ere...lemme give ya a big smooch!

12. mnpctech

Glad to hear everything is cool. Raymen is a great supporter of our community!

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

Log Update #29

Quick mini-update letting you know things have been wrapped up. I don't have any studio photos just yet because, well, I don't have a studio. :hehe: Still need to build a new photo-booth, but I'll figure something out. For the time being, I'll just drop this in here to tide ya over...

Enjoy! I'll be back soon. Thank you for your continued patience as I work out the issues.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Sep 2012
  14. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

looking mighty nomnomnom

Last edited: 18 Sep 2012
  15. Cown

Cown Minimodder

wow.. just wow!

16. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

awesome - I love it. :)
    I'm looking forward for every update you'll post here or in one of your other logs. They're all pure madness. :thumb:

17. whyte

whyte What's a Dremel?

Continues to amaze!!!

18. mnpctech

Video update?! :clap: ....and soundtrack by EEL, of course.. Dark and Ominous, I'd love this Rig on my desk...and the glowing liquid and toxic spills are awesome!

19. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hahaha! Thanks for trying to help earlier; guess I got it fixed as you posted! :)

Thanks, m8!

Thanks, man! I'll try to get this thing wrapped up and done really soon so I can finish up on the other log(s). How many are there again? *shrugs*

Thanks, man!

Hahaha, thanks bro!

20. whatsthatnoise

whatsthatnoise What's a Dremel?

This makes me feel like I should be quite a little more bold on weathering down and roughing up my scratch build, that to is aiming for a rugged look. Looks awesome! :thumb: