1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Finally Time For a Mech Keyboard :D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 25 Jul 2012.

1. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

No such thing... yet. If you insist on ISO you will have to wait a little more, or you could get a Japanese layout Shine which is close but has some extra keys. Also no, you can't use rgb led on Cherry MX. You can only use led with 2 leads, not 3+.
    There are some makers that do have boards that are led capable without led since they use the same pcb on multiple board like iOne/qpad/Razer, and there are some like the Plum boards like Neo Zelia and the new 96... and I also have one like this made in 1985 that has all traces for led for the entire board. You can assume I will be modding it... backlight IBM model F layout? What?

2. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

[​IMG]

3. lnoton

lnoton What's a Dremel?

I can recommend a QPAD 85 with cherry reds.

I play BF3 and ain't too shabby at it, and appreciate the M85.

Good reviews too.

4. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Damn any idea's on when the ISO layout will be released? :)

EDIT: or just go for a Filco ?

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  5. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

Just to update..

Not sure if the date on CCL's website is correct (haven't had a chat with purchasing) but I believe the Ducky Shines that are saying the 31st are going to be UK layout.

6. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

And i just ordered a majestouch 2 ninja with a set of keycaps o_O

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Good man!

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

You won't be disappointed, which switch type did you end up going for in the end?

I personally found blues fine for gaming, and loved the click :)
    (saying that I'm currently down to just a board with blacks, which actually be my favourite board yet, both for gaming and typing)

9. Yorkie

Yorkie Minimodder

You won't be disappointed, unless you wanted backlighting, Filco are very very good :)

I have two Ducky's this Dragon with Browns and a Shine with blacks which I use at work.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2012
  10. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Why thankyou sir :thumb:

I went for a Brown majestouch ninja TKL with red ninja wasd, I couldnt find a red ninja esc tho :(, hope the board doesn't disappoint. Any of you keyboard guru's got a red ninja esc I can buy? Or know were I can get one? :)

You lucky man, I'll be happy with just the one ( I hope ) next I have to retire this Rat 3 mouse (which I really do love), and go for an upgrade :) so any ideas for that are also appreciated :)

11. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

ask me about mice, it's a thing of mine :)

And I've never seen a red Ninja esc. I have a non-ninja one though.

12. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

well what mice would you recommend man? :) and ahhh ok, can I ask where you bought it? :)

13. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

What mouse depends on a few things first:
    What grip do you use? (palm, fingertip, claw)
    What's your budget?
    Are you competitive or more casual? (ie do you play a lot of skill oriented games like counter strike)
    Any other preferences?

And I got the top-printed (non ninja) red esc from a friend who I think got it from keyboardco. I'm not using it atm, it's up for sale somewhere.

14. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

I use whatever grip my rat 3 is if that makes sence? o_O Also I dont have a budget for this kind of thing, if it does what its supposed to well, and lasts. I play bf3, cod and anything else that involves guns and killing :)

How much are you selling it for man?

15. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

You mean here in EU? I thought it would only be the version with reds that would be available, alongside the already released MX Black.

16. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Browns and reds are on preorder at Scan, browns even has an expected date. So from that I'm thinking we get the lot! Hopefully :)

@LukeDaly you can have it for £2.50 plus whatever postage is :) Probably £1 or something

Regarding mice, when you hold it does your palm hug the back of the RAT or is there space between your palm and the mouse? Do you hold it full in your hand and use your arm to move it, or do you hold it in your fingertips and move it around via wrist movements?

Also in your opinion do you think you would like a large mouse or a small one?

Just a couple things to think about :)

17. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

To be honest it depends what im doing, there was a little gap there, keep a close eye during a little blast at Prototype 2 (good excuse for an hour off eh?) and I think i use my wrist to move it :)

18. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

OK, I'm guessing you would enjoy a Deathadder/Zowie EC1 evo/Logitech G400/other large and ergonomic mice. Either them, or an Ikari/Naos.

The first 3 are all close to standard shaped, and you hold them quite naturally. The Ikari/Naos are a more revolutional shape, there is a pinky shelf on the right that is fantastic if you don't mind having your pinky out to the side like that. It's a personal preference, when I first tried the Ikari I found it uncomfortable and my hand cramped, but after a week it just felt perfect. Really nice.

The ones mentioned above are known to have perfect sensors, no acceleration or jitter or any issues at all, and I am sure you will love any of them. The G400 is slightly lesser build quality but many people swear by it, as simple as it gets. The Deathadder and EC1 also have a large following, people that liked the old Microsoft Intellimouse mice tend to fall in love with them.

The Ikari is the highest quality mouse I have ever tried, it really was a joy to use. The clicks were light and tactile, every button felt natural and easy to press, a solid mouse.

Some I haven't mentioned are:
    - higher end Logitech mice - they have more buttons and stuff but mostly unnecessary extras. The G700 is wireless though if you would like to try that.
    - steelseries mice other than the Ikari: they are the highest quality no contest, but it depends if you like the low shape. The front end slants downwards pretty steep and it wasn't to my taste, but they are great mice.

19. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Thanks for all the help man, You seem like you've been through quite a few mice, Ive always liked the Deathadder, but being so OCD I would need to mob the lights to red :p I also had a look at the G9x, is it good? Im nearly sure its a small mouse? I have a thing for red and Black you see, I like everything to match :)

20. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Of course, the G9x is definitely good if you like the shape. It is a small mouse all right. The scroll wheel is quite stiff to click in but it has the free scroll feature. Just depends if you think you will enjoy using a mouse of that size! With the grips it is just slightly less than the width of a normal mouse, but the length is much shorter. A high quality mouse though.

The EC1 is black, with red LED on the sensor, and the scroll wheel glows red/blue/purple depending on DPI setting. The G400 is grey unfortunately :)