1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

The lore is fun, easter eggs are too!!

Last edited: 27 Jul 2012
  2. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Sorry to those that tried to chat with me yesterday.. wonky net connection.

Diana sounds OK.
    Quite obviously an AP/AD Hybrid, with the skillshot setting up an Ulti follow up.
    With enough damage output, she can kill 2 champs after a teamfight (Skillshot, monlight one, teleport-for-chase, kill, teleport to next), and her AoE/Defensive sounds like it could be useful in a teamfight, as well as making her a very efficient farmer (almost a-la Mordekaiser)

4. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I know its a major source of income for Riot and also keeps the game fresh for more seasoned players, but a new champion every fortnight is ridonkulous.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

agree on that... once a month would be good enough, IMO.

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

"Diana swings her blade to unleash a bolt of lunar energy, afflicting enemies with Moonlight and dealing damage in an arc before exploding."

"Diana teleports to an enemy and deals magic damage. Lunar Rush has no cooldown when used to teleport to a target afflicted with Moonlight."

Bleach anyone? http://youtu.be/KR8JR2KBp8E?t=2m40s

7. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

Just wanted to introduce myself into bit - tech's lol forum XD never thought this place existed, and I have read the posts on here... Is there someone willing to teach me the ropes? I have played a bit of Dota 2 before quitting (because you need to be a crazy nutjob to handle the abuse... :( )

8. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

lol. I haven't experienced the Dota2 community firsthand but leagues' is a bit nicer. You still get the abuse obviously but there are plenty of people that aren't playing just to rage your face off :thumb:

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The LOL community is bad as well.
    BUT, there are a few very helpful and very understanding gems in the community, and it helps to add people you "know", so that you don't spend all your time in solo-hell.
    On this forum itself, there are a good few helpful people, so go ahead and add them.

As a general guideline in LoL:
    Don't Die! Especially in the laning phase, dying is bad. This is the same in DOTA2, I believe (haven't played it, only a bit of DotA). Dying not only gives the opponent an upper hand, but also gives them undisturbed time in the lane.
    You'll die enough later in the game, but for starters, focus on staying alive, not overextending and last-hitting (i.e. giving the minions the last hit, and ONLY the last hit, so as to maximise gold income without sacrificing reactive capacity - it's something I am focusing on heavily in the last few games). The rest will come.
    Get a few custom games in, and read guides on LeagueCraft.

But I'd suggest playing on EUW and friending all of us here... I'm always willing to help someone out, and so are all the others I have played with on this forum (Xahl, vbdswog, Ljs, etc).

On to my (limited) weekend gaming:
    I tried playing Kayle (who I had lying around), and found her to not quite be my thing. Support is one of those playstyles that while I don't think I'm horrible at it, I am definitely not good at it... and an Ulti that I have to use in tense situations defensively is a bit strange to me. I'll keep her around, but will probably not spend a lot of time learning her.

I also tried playing Sion, and did OK again, but not quite my thing (and yes, I also have Sion lying around). My general playstyle there would probably be stacking AP, then using it to disable DPSs in teamfights, and farming with the shield (or diving).
    His E doesn't trigger with his shield, which is a bit of a pity, but understandably so. That, however, makes the E a bit useless to me, unless you're focussing down a champ, and then it makes more sense stacked with his R.
    I might be completely off with him, though...

One thing I am missing from LoL (or maybe I just haven't seen it) is the ability to gift champs.
    My mate has Zyra and HATES her... I want to play Zyra... :(

10. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

I think this thread does demonstrate the best of the community, or at least the ones most willing to play with anyone without instantly flaming someone for a bad match or just starting out.

Unless i'm misinformed but i think dota is even worse because if you die you not only benefit the enemy but lose gold yourself... talk about snowballing.

One of the biggest things will be if you're new to dota style games. I guess in this case you're not Hanoken, so you can skip some introduction. To go from there you need to learn what champions go where, who they counter, what skill base they have, what the skills scale with and then what items benefit them. There aren't as many item combos as in Dota2 (so i'm lead to believe) so once you've found your starter champion your build list will only vary subtly compared to another champion with the same scaling.

Yeah definitely feel free to add me (summoner name is also Xahl on EUW).

hmm yeah i used to play Kayle but found her lackluster, but then i always played her support as well. She's most often a top DPS or jungler champion now and can hit hard with the right build. Her ult can be used quite aggressively for tower dives since you don't take any dmg whilst it's active, which i find a bit OP. I think it should work like Tryndamere's where you take dmg but can't be killed.

Support is a delicate role, it's not a gamechanging role but can easily screw it up. One of the biggies is doing enough dmg to enable a kill, not claim it but also make sure they don't escape (despite being a fairly decent support i'm definitely hit or miss at that aspect, depending on the champion i've taken).

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah - I noticed that Kayle can be played really aggro with that Ulti, and in Jungle, her E works quite well, I can imagine.
    I'd probably rush for rageblade/AS boots then, as that should stack quite well.

That said - I am also no good as a jungler (though I haven't tried in forever).

Having played 50+ games as AP Teemo now, I am kinda looking for a new champ, but not sure who. I might be tempted to go Kennen (the harass-boss, if you ask me), but a part of me wants to play Zyra, and another part thinks a Pantheon could be an option as well...

12. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Where/how are you planning on playing Kennen? He's nice and diverse as a champion, so it's not a bad idea.

Well Zyra is also a really OP support, as the game I just played with Yslen will attest to. She laned with Varus and they just stomped us; masses of CC between them = mega death. :waah:

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I'd be looking at playing Kennen in Solo Top or in Mid, mostly.
    He's a mean harass, and due to the MOS and rush (as well as the shuriken's range), he can control a lane quite well.
    He's also a valuable asset in a teamfight, being able to Ulti, intitate (with lightning rush, this becomes feasible, and finish (thanks to Shuriken and Surge).
    He is, however ALWAYS going to be focused in team fights...

Another option would be Irelia or Renek, but I haven't really done much looking into them.

14. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Maybe consider Jax too. He is strong at all levels of play, and if he does well early game turns into a complete animal. He is also pretty cheap (like 1350IP I think) and dominates on dominion - I think hes a tier one champ in all modes. I would have a go at him but I still can't do melee characters, need to work on that.

I'm currently saving for Urgot, played him free this week and he was awesome fun! Also played Alistar for the first time when playing ARAM and enjoyed him so might try and pick him support bot a bit more.

Incase you didn't know, you can get Alistar and Tristana for free for subscribing to Riots Youtube and Facebook page.

15. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Ken is fairly decent and a good counter to a lot of top champs: Darius, Olaf, Singed, Riven, Shen...etc Ult + Zhonya's = team fight win.

I don't particularly like Jax as a character but he is super stronk both top and jungling.

I like Ali ^^ going to try him in the jungle more.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

A mate of mine plays an AWESOME Alistair.
    I always find that Alistair's headbutt is often not used offensively enough.
    This might have a lot to do with my level, but I hardly ever see people headbutt opponents TOWARDS their teammates.
    Especially a jungling Ali is super suitable for that.
    With m mate on board we DOMINATED bottom lane, killing at least one champ constantly:
    Me (Teemo in that case) coming back from base, I see a chance to sneak into the shrubs in the bottom lane (especially since they're not warded). My lanemate, Darius, sees this and holds back on the pushing a bit. Ali comes along and hides in the riverbed brush. We lure the opponents out by fegning a Darius on the defensive.
    Then, we spring the trap: Headbut Singed towards the bottom lane shrubs, setting him up for a blinding dart, and into a shroom planted there. Darius swings, and death. then we focus down the other one.

I see Jungle Ali a lot, but often (and I know this is level), junglers are not worth much. A Jungler should help ganks along, not just run around and kill creeps.

17. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

There are essentially two ways to use Ali's headbutt in combo with pulverize. It mostly depends upon positioning of you, your carry and the enemy. Firstly just walking into or flashing close enough to get pulverize on to cc the enemy and then run around and headbutt them towards your carry (this works especially well with vayne, since she can then condemn them against a wall if you've got the placement correct). The second method is initiating with headbutt but use pulverize almost instantly afterwards to knock the enemy into the air before headbutt knocks them away.
    That's how Ali's abilities should be used. It is quite often the case, so I think it's probably just a level thing. That's not to say you don't still see people do it completely wrong and knock a low hp enemy away from team mates.. :wallbash:

18. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

mmm ha ha ha, thanks the replies... maybe thats what I was doing wrong in dota >.< funny thing is, it seems I cant find anyone to help me over here in the US, but the EU is so nice ^^, ill be making an acc on EU instead now, uh, summoner name is PlusRedSun ^^

19. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

EUW is the cool place to be ;) I'll add you and continually flame you for being a noob :D

20. Hanoken

Hanoken O.O

Oh god... plz have mercy U.U ha h aha