1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

So I've got a rough location where you lot are and I know what server you play on.

Appropriate clip + Homer bonus.

2. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

So is DayZ just an add on? All I need is Arma II and the Dayz mod?

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead are what you need to buy then the mod is free.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

5. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

This is why I now go around sticking my head in every bush I can I the hope of finding anything interesting

Last night I got ambushed by 5 guys all wielding hatchets in a house next to one of the spawns.

6. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

haha, you'll be searching a good long while yet. TBH our loot probably isn't even worth it. We need a Heli to steal :D

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

What are the server details guys,

Currently lurking around Komarovo!

Last edited: 30 Jul 2012
  8. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

9. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

so let's look at what happened today.

Betty wasn't about (previously unheard of)
    people repeatedly came north, attacked us, looted our stuff etc (previously unheard of)

Betty, have you betrayed us? Who are you working for?!?

10. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

more people came after i left?

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Had the strangest and funniest thing happen the other night. Two friends and I repaired a Ural and went to go pick up two other friends playing on the server. A minute later we came upon a group of players trying to hide from our rolling death machine. Turns out it was them! Small world. We take a headcount and get ready to roll out until a keen player notices that there were three of us in the Ural to begin with, and two of our party being picked up, but six of us in the Ural when we prepared to leave. Some cheeky player hopped right in!

A quick game of "All but one are in Skype" musical chairs and the poor guy was found out and swiftly 'dealt with'.

12. adrock

wtf is going on with the campsite guys?

logged on this morning and finished my run back, who parked the tractor next to the tent at the bottom of the hill? There's now an ATV sat next to it and a semicircle of 8 or 9 empty tents in the open? Was that you guys last night, in which case, WHY??!

everything in our tents seems to have saved/respawned, i've grabbed an mp5 and a DMR from the tent at the bottom of the hill.

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Lost my bicycle because I spawned in the wilderness instead of under the tree where I hid it. Keeping an eye on all my tents is going to be pretty difficult now.

In all the time I've had this game the only land based motor vehicles I've seen have been a bus and two ATVs.

14. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

we moved all the cars etc down the hill because of the campsite we found and destroyed close to us ,further from main base the tent thing was me i put a new one down and it bugged and made like 9... atv must be someone else we added a car to the collection. tsb found a van i dunno about that and uriel spawned in the top west adrock! we need to fix it.

Our base is now stupidly big with around 20 tents and 6 vehicles..

15. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Did people come to the campsite!?????
    I won't be on tonight either. Packed up my pc and sent it up to scotland. With any luck it will be there tomorrow.

16. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

no betty there was another fresh campsite with a car and 3 tents 200m south of us we took them out raided the tents and flattened them.

17. adrock

also while running back i found another tent, about 300m south of the second site, further down the ridge in a clearing (among the rocks on the map). it had a couple of stanag mags in it, nowt else.

on an unrelated note, what do people carry around with them most of the time? I've been running with an L85 and an AS50, three clips for each, two food, two water, two blood, two morphine, two painkillers, one smoke grenade, 4 bandages and 4 clips for my sidearm. that gives me space for a bit of loot or an additional gun if i have a coyote pack. but having two guys equipped identically seems redundant, so i'm trying out the DMR and mp5. Am I carrying too much stuff around all the time? it's come in handy a number of times but when we go raiding i fill my pack early and can't loot anything else. I'd like to try the M249 out but it's so loud, as is the DMR i'd likely carry it with. What's the M14 like?

18. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

M14 is the perfect crossover. It means you only need to carry the one weapon - that's why I fell in love with it.

I'm thinking about joining the twochar club after dying yesterday - Anyone got the links on how best to set it up etc?

19. adrock

it's pretty straightforward. beforehand, go into the registry and backup the whole bohemia interactive folder, name it 'character 1' or whatever. When you get the second character (i did it through steam) you need to login under the new account and run both arma and oa seperately, which will put the new keys in the reg. then backup the bohemia folder again and name it 'character 2' or whatever. then apply whichever reg file you want to play as before running arma (as long as you aren't launching through steam, i use dayz commander).

also, dayz commander is coming along nicely, it keeps a history of servers you've been on so i never have trouble finding ::ACCESS DENIED:: , it monitors your versions and offers optional download/updates, and they've added a cached server list for when gamespy is unavailable.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2012
  20. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

I get to the barn on the outskirts of Msta looking for loot, what do I find...

5 Hatchets and a Jerry Can...