1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Finally Time For a Mech Keyboard :D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 25 Jul 2012.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

G9X is tiny in comparison to say an Ikari.

2. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

Thanks Hamza. Then I might have to sell my newly acquired Keycool.

I have just gone from a Razer Diamondback 3G to a Logitech G9x. I use a fingertip-grip, but actually feel that the G9x is too wide and have to little curve underneath/side, which makes the mouse feel like it slips out of my hand every time I lift the mouse. But it is a very solid mouse and perfectly build.

3. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

If you have a Keycool there isn't really any reason to do away with it, it's a fantastic board in it's own right. Unless of course you want an ISO keyboard specifically or something :)

And yes I know exactly what you mean with the G9X. I'm also not a fan of wide mice, I ended up selling the CM Storm Spawn I had. My fingertip grip has the ring finger and pinky in a vertical line, both gripping the downward curve of a mouse's right hand side - like yours I believe. I always found that gave me the best control and natural feel. My Zowie EC2 is perfect for that kind of grip, I would recommend it to anyone. Other good mice for that include (that I have personally tried): Steelseries Kana, Xai, Intellimouse, EC1 (bit big though the right shape), and some more I have probably forgotten. Mice that I haven't personally tried but seem to be good for that grip include the Lachesis, Zowie AM, Roccat mice, etc

If you aren't enjoying a mouse, then don't just constantly persevere thinking you will adjust to it, because from experience that just isn't the case. With mice, only settle for what you are familiar with and are used to, trying to force change just doesn't work out and your performance will suffer.

That's what I found :)

Last edited: 31 Jul 2012
    Elton likes this.
  4. Elton

To add on the Hamza's advice, I personally can not use the MX518/G400. I just simply have a bizarre grip. But thank god the Ikari works for me. :D

5. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

The Ikari just blows my mind. It has no right to be that comfy! Especially as it's so big. And the quality... very impressed.

6. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Do you not find the Rat mice comfy? :) I love mine atm its just wore out :( been looking at led mods on the Deathadder :p

7. Elton

It's actually on the cheaper side. Thank god the feet are good. But the braided cable is actually pretty bad. I replaced that already. So now I have a very different breed of Ikari rodent.

8. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

a nice mouse otherwise though? :) I just found a Deathadder Black edition looks pretty sweet :)

9. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

I haven't tried a RAT mouse yet, but from opinions here most people say it's extremely comfortable, but one person said it was very bad build quality!

I'm starting to think Elton has a different Ikari to mine now, maybe mine is a newer model! Because it doesn't feel cheap to me, the braided cable is kinda stiff but what is wrong with it? The reason I feel the Ikari is a very well made is that unlike any other mouse I've tried, using the Ikari is effortless. Every button is perfect in the sense that when you don't intent to press anything it won't get pressed, but when you want to press a button on it, it takes the lightest touch. No stiffness, no difficulty pressing side buttons in the heat of a game, it all just works!

Other mice have always had some issue or other - Kana's main buttons are stiff to press, the G9X scroll wheel is extremely hard to press in, the side buttons on the CM Spawn are rubbery and creaky, and the list goes on.

And Elton loves his Ikari, he told me before :)

10. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Its really comfortable, currently looking at a g500 like right now, and I must say I love the grey paint splatter type look. Think it would go well with a black and red rig? I have this thing about it all matching o_O. Also could any of you guys recommend a good gaming pad? preferably hard, and big enough for keyboard and mouse? thanks :)

11. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Don't know of any hard pads big enough for keyboard and mouse, but there's quite a few soft ones.

12. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

got a few links? or names dude :D

13. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I think it is called aimbx boogie pad xl or xxl.

14. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

very nice indeed :) pitty about the round corners :(

15. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

yep what longweight said! And a quick Google will turn up some more, look for "gaming surface"

16. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Pretty awesome, going to order a new mouse and pad when i get paid at the end of the week :)

17. Elton

Oh no, don't get me wrong hamza, I love it. I love it to death. But it isn't infallible. Hell it's not even close to bulletproof. The only issue I have is that nasty braided cable shorting itself for me. Outside of that it's ****ing amazing.

To be entirely fair, my gripes and complaints only involve the price of the mouse and the fact that the braided cable went bonkers on mine. But thankfully, I got it at an extremely cheap price ($15) and simply replaced the cable. I love that thing to death, but it has it's issues. Just like the Model M I have. ****ing awesome, but it's kinda loud. Not that I mind, but it could be a potential dealbreaker for others.

18. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Get the xxl and a Sharp knife ;)

19. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Sounds like a plan to me ;)

20. GMC

GMC Minimodder

this thread needs pics. :sigh:

Hamza, time for a thread with lots of pics on Mice to match Longweights keyboard thread