1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What Game Would You Like Made?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tripwires, 1 Aug 2012.

1. Tripwires

Tripwires What's a Dremel?

I'll go first:

I would love a Wild West RPG by Bethesda, in the same vein as Red Dead Redemption for the consoles but of course with deeper RPG elements and the Bethesda Skyrim / Fallout vibe.

The open world wild west in Red Dead was fantastic; I'm sure Bethesda could do it even better - think of the quests! It could have a great moral system too, you could become an outlaw, a train robber or even sheriff of a town.

You could level up your pistol duelling skills, horse riding, rifle, explosives, gambling, medical skills, mining, etc etc. I'd personally prefer it more realistic, no magic or anything, but there could still be sneaking / lock picking and so on. 'Potions' could be replaced with elixirs which you could use or sell like the old time 'doctors.'

You could even play as a native American Indian if you wanted, with related perks.

I just think there would be so much to do, so many interesting characters, maybe some historical figures too?

I would pre-order that game for sure. And I've never pre-ordered a game. :D

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

That is quite simply an epic idea. I have nothing more to add :)

3. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I would like something akin to DayZ (i.e. an open world zombie survival game with an emphasis on survival as opposed to combat) with the ability to construct your own settlements by scavenging scrap metal, wood etc. You could end up with enclaves of different human factions all fighting over resources along with the occassional wierdo with a hidden shed full of guns and ammo

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I would like Freespace 3 made. Please see to the left.

For the single player I would like Remedy to write the storyline, as they seem to have a pretty good idea of what makes a good story – and anyone who has played Freespace will know that the campaign was very compelling, largely as a result of the story. You’d start out as a rookie space pilot, flying scouting missions, on the edges of friendly space, and get better ships as you progressed. However, battles would play out dynamically and randomly, and you’d get the feeling that you were a tiny piece of a massive war, that was ultimately out of your hands. Missions would end in either success or failure but you would progress to the next mission regardless. If your capital ship and forces happened to get stamped on in a battle then so be it, and one of the possible outcomes of the storyline is that it ends early with your forces defeated.

The Multiplayer would focus on team objectives, defend/attack the capital ship/space station, standard furball, and a mode called ‘Escape’ aka Hoth Escape from Empire Strikes Back where one team lays in wait in orbit while another has to escape the planet, then its gravity well and then jump to hyperspace.

The game engine would be a melting pot of Frostbite 2 on account of how good explosions look and the Infinity Engine as seen below, due to its scale and because it is the single biggest travesty in gaming that no game has ever been made using it. You could fly in either first or third person. Lasers would flash brilliant colours and explosions would rip through ships dynamically. The black of space would be used to test IPS monitors for years to come.

Music would of course be composed with Jeremy Saul, and he would be told to make a beautiful version of the work he did for Total Annihilation but using only electronic instruments.

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I suspect I'd be the weirdo with the shed.

I've always wanted to play a game based on the Fabled Lands game books I used to read as a kid.

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Actually, whilst we're in fantasy land, I'd like a sandbox version of my life to muck about in for hours. I'd like everything exactly as it is at the start, but with the proviso that I could do anything and see the consequences.

:naughty:

I'd simply call it Shirty: The Rampage.

7. Mrmelon98

Mrmelon98 When's a Dremel?

Portal3 just because I WANTZ MOAR PORTAL!!! :D

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I just want the sequel to Freelancer that was promised.

And leave the fudging controls as they were, they were perfectly fine

9. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

There are a lots I would like, here are four:

1)
    I want a game like Minecraft but with more serious survival and that mixes in tower defence. So you have to collect the resources, build a fortress, and then defend against serious attacks. And rather than them just getting to the front door and stopping, they attack your walls and try to beat their way inside, and some of them can climb etc. So you have to have archers and build cannons and flame towers and stuff to help defend, as well as building a moat and making your fortress on a tall hill would be a big advantage too. And during the day you get some time to gather more resources and eventually you will need to abandon your first fortress and travel somewhere and build a new and more fancy fortress on top of a mountain in a river or something. Be nice if you could have spells and stuff too, kind of like Orcs Must Die, but in a free roaming world and your build your own home/fortress in between waves - not just the traps.

2)
    I would love a game set in the African Savannah or the Great Rift or Yosemite or somewhere like that. With lions and giraffes and buffalo or whatever. You play as one of the animals and have to survive, and the animals behave realistically like real life. So during the summer the buffalo all migrate to a cooler area where they can still find water, and the lions know about this annual migration and take advantage by hunting them as they travel. And crocks wait in watering holes to jump out on a gazelle at it stops by for a quick drink etc.. Ideally you would get to play as each of the animals and have to succeed at surviving, finding water, catching food, and perhaps protecting your family/cubs, etc.

3)
    A huge online MMO universe where you can start companies and organisations both good and evil, legit and corrupt, whatever you want. Trading, corruption, etc. is all possible. And space combat. So basically, Eve, but more modern and better, and with real time space combat.

4)
    An epic MMORPG like many of us are STILL waiting for, something we dreamt of in the 90's but still hasn't happened yet.
    Totally hardcore in design, with masses of depth. Not this lame modern style where everything is simplified. It should have stats galore, strength, dexterity, piety, karma, stamina, charisma, luck, constitution, all kinds of stuff, with enormous amounts of combat abilities to choose from. You can build your character in any way you want. No classes, no levels. Kind of like Ultima Online and The Secret World, you just build your character and take it any direction you want. Skills that you use a lot get better, and skills you don't use degenerate over time. So you can be a Ranger Wizard or whatever wacky type of role you want and everyone can be themselves and do things their own unique way. But you can't be a total god because the time you spend getting really good with your Ranger and Wizard skills, will be time where your healing skills degenerate and end up poor.
    But then also set it in an old school frame work. Player build cities, run by an elected major or price or king, some of them founded on basis that they will be trade hubs thanks to their location near to mines and dungeons and a port or whatever. Some will be military towns on the front lines or whatever. And anyone can take over any town, but there will be guards and defenders. Some small villages might be easy to take if you are strong enough, but cities wont fall without a war, and you'll need to make a guild to take one down. There will be both NPC towns and player run/made towns, and it's PVP based to beat these places. Like Shadowbane, but better. And there are consequences to breaking the laws and fighting, you go to prison etc. like the upcoming ArcheAge.
    There will be plenty of PVE content though too, but it will be oldschool and hardcore, like a MUD. There will be legendary weapons and only one of them exists in the entire world. So a player might loot the legendary Sword of Ill Omens and he is the only person to have that and it might be very powerful, making him well known on the entire server. But if he dies, he can lose the sword and someone else might end up with it. There are more mundane items too which are more common, but kind of like Everquest, mobs and items are famous. Not like WoW and all the other modern games where items are completely boring and forgettable, in this game people will know the names of the items like the Short Sword of the Ykesha, and the Flowing Black Silk Sash, that people will be talking about for decades, same with mobs like Dvinn, Nagafen, Ghoul Lord, etc.

I wont be greedy and suggest any more :p

Last edited: 1 Aug 2012
  10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I'm with the OP - the Wild West would make a fantastic MMORPG/Fallout type game. I would be the crazy doctor peddling his wares across the west, driving from town to town before they found out my miracle cure was just a foul tasting fizzy drink...

11. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

2 things really, SSX for PC and Half life 3 :D

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Freelancer 2
    Half-Life 3
    G.R.A.W. 3

DLDeadbolt likes this.
  13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

System Shock 3. Although they say "be careful what you wish for".

14. Weebob

Weebob What's a Dremel?

Freespace 3

15. SMIFFYDUDE

A Jurassic Park island survival game would be pretty nice. Trespasser crossed with DayZ but without the dodgy controls of the former and the bad inventory of the latter.

16. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

+1, DayZ with more polish.

A game adaptation of Neuromancer, along the line of Deus Ex perhaps? That or a sequel to HR, or a remade original (if done well)

17. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

You might want to check this baby out Castle Story

18. SMIFFYDUDE

I have Neuromancer on a CD full of C64 games.

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Mortal Online made by a studio with the funds and staff to actually make it work. Awesome concept of a hardcore sandbox style MMO but it was just trying too much for the devs to handle.

I'd also like the shooter to end all shooters. For me that means a few different things which seem to be ignored in most games for various reasons:
    -Maps which are designed to be fun to play on and competitive. Making a pretty map with interesting features is all fine and good, but actual gameplay seems to be ignored all too often. Counter Strike custom maps show how an enjoyable map can be some rudimentary orange and grey boxes, as long as the layout is good.
    -Guns with real detail! This can go two ways: Either make the guns well balanced or make the guns real world accurate.
    --If going for balance, pay attention and use some common sense! All too often you see two guns in a game that are identical except for one having less recoil, or one having a slower rate of fire making one or the other objectively better or worse. As a guideline: keep it simple and choose a stat for each gun to excel at and don't add too many similar guns which could be potential balance problems. BF3, to name names, could take a page from this book, more guns than it needs to cover each balance segment.
    --If going for realism, make it apply to gameplay! Realistic models and sounds are fine, but if it doesn't behave like the real thing you're wasting your time in my mind. There's plenty of ballistic info already out there already and it's really not that hard to rent and test fire 30 or so guns if you're a decent sized studio. A 14.5" barrell M4 and an 18" barrel SCAR-L both fire the same round, but will they perform identically? No. You'll have slight power and accuracy differences. Also, don't just take comparisons and apply them to fake values. Far too many "realistic" (but non-sim) shooters suffer from the idea of assault rifles being good out to maybe 200 meters, and sniper rifles taking anything beyond 300 meters. And make a decent reload system! I'm sick of "realistic" shooters that allow you to reload with no penalty! Something like ARMA2 or BF2 isn't perfect but is far better imo.
    -This one isn't a common complaint but is important to me: don't let graphics options impact gameplay so much! It's almost laughable seeing games with highly detailed shadows and dense underbrush only to have an option to turn them off. All of a sudden the lush grass you're hiding in on your screen doesn't even show up on the enemy's low settings screen. It's a massive oversight in multiplayer shooter development.
    -Allow mods! Because when all of the above is inevitable messed up there might be some players out there willing to fix it.

20. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

A KOTOR remake/sequel, just not that crappy MMO. Ridiculously high-spec graphics, an ungodly massive story to chew through, masses of customisation, characters, and a storyline from back when Bioware weren't being violated by EA.