1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Rework for Cho, Prepatching for Diana (they did that with Zyra), New Tribunal (dunno how much of that requires client patching), reworks for the proving grounds map (which probably means the whole map)...
    Thanks for the large-patch-heads-up, though... That means I'll be patching tomorrow during work hours, rather than the usual "Oh-this-will-take-15-minutes" Saturday morning patches.

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

There's also new Tournament Code.

Those in the ESL leagues no longer have to create a custom game and invite, they have a Tournament Code option which when entered, will place them in the match they need to be in, and auto report the result to the ESL.

Sent from bit-tech Android app

3. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I don't think I'm going to do ranked or at least solo queue until I hit 200 wins at the very least!

I can imagine If I solo queue'd and was last pick had had to go jungler or something that I can't do. I think I would cry.

Also, what gives with 250mb patches? Does LoL just bloat or does it sort itself out?

Last edited: 2 Aug 2012
  4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^ THAT!
    I am currently on just over 100 wins (level 25), and am quite chuffed with that.
    I STILL feel that if I get to pick a secondary champ (in my case, I'd say Teemo is my main, Cait or Ashe probably my second - though I could possibly do Morde), I am not helping my team enough. SO my aim is to get to know 2 more VERY different champs (they must still be fun) before I hit level 30 (when ranked unlocks), so that I have a more diverse playstyle.

not only that, but also a deeper understanding of the game.
    One of the things that's hardest for me in LoL is keeping up with what champ does what and what does it mean when (example) Nocturne does his night-trailing thing.
    What does the Dragon buff actually do?
    What's Blue/Red do?
    How do you prioritse champs?
    In the chaos of a teamfight, do you take the AD Carry or the CC out?
    Getting a rythm for enemy champ cooldowns is another thing.

There's SO MUCH to learn, that I jsut feel completely unprepared for ranked, and am occasionally happy that I am still lower level, and have built up a skill level where I can actually play a different champ without sucking TOO much with them...

5. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Nocturne's Q - When he stands on it he gets an AD and Movement Speed buff, champions hit by the Trail will also leave a trail themselves (making it easier for him to chase them).

Dragon - On Summoner's Rift, it's global gold (used to be global EXP as well), on Twisted Treeline, not sure about global stuff, but gives a % Damage Buff i believe.

Blue Buff - Increased Mana Regen, think it's something like 0.5% per second.

Red Buff - Auto-attacks (and attacks which apply on-hit effects) will now slow the enemy and also deal a True Damage DoT (doesn't stack, merely reapplies). The damage scales with level and the slow is dependent on if the attacker is ranged or melee (the latter get a higher slow %)

How do you prioritise Champions - That's a difficult question to answer, normally it's the squishiest, who is also usually the most fed, but in some cases it might be better to burst down the support since they're also very squishy and amplify the effect of a team. Otherwise it's whoever gets caught out of position (if you can eliminate the tank first, you're in a strong position to follow up). So yeah, it basically varies on who you can hit and what effect it'll create.

6. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Hah yeah, you have more wins than me even!

• Nocturne's trail is Duskbringer which deals damage and give Nocturne a movement speed and attack damage increase if he is on that trail. It also allows him to ignore unit collision.
    • Dragon doesn't give you a buff, just cash so I assume you mean Baron Nasher. Nasher buff gives you 40AD, 40AP and increased health/mana regeneration.
    • Red buff gives you a slow and also deals true damage (the flames that ignite).
    • Blue buff gives you mana regen and increased cool down reduction.
    • Prioritising champs is a bit more difficult because it depends but is essentially taking out the carries first as they will deal the most damage, but go for the one who is the most fed as they will have better items.

NINJA'D!

Your explanation for priority was better anyways...

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Haha, you remembered that Blue Buff gives CDR as well though.

Sent from bit-tech Android app

8. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

the blue/red buffs make you look pretty; that's the one and only benefit to them, pure vanity :naughty:

9. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Almost got enough IP for a 3150 champ.

Was going to buy Urgot because after playing on F2P last week, he was amazing fun and can harass bot lane like a boss.

After talking to another friend who plays LoL, he recommended picking up Anivia and learning her as she hasn't really got a hard counter and has a pretty solid game all the way through.

I have a few AD carries and only really Lux for mid so I'm swaying that way atm.

Decisions decisions...

10. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I suspect the mahussive patch is the new Cho legendary skin, in part. Generally I think the client downloads huge chunks of code and overwrites the old stuff, to save having to make precise changes which I guess is more complex. I've not noticed the game progressively increasing in size, anyway!

11. modfx

modfx Loft Gremlin

Don't forget energy regen too

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If you put the time into learning Anivia - not much can really beat you honestly. (And I'm only taking lane phase)
    In teamfights she does a load. Amazing champ - if you can get to grips with her.

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Yeah, I think I could do ok once I have a play a bit more with her. Initially, she seems one of those champs who has some serious mana issues! Its cool though, I guess thats the trade off for both bringing utility and using your abilites wisely. When I first played Lux remember having mana issues but I can't remember if that was just me being a noob or the fact that shes been buffed a bit now so its less of an issue.

Have yet to play a normal with her as I'm trying to get comfortable playing her before I go near that arena, but I can see it being doable. She can have some nasty damage, but the trade off is buying mana regen gear before buying AP for me at least.

Egg is OP!

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Agree on this. When I first installed LoL, it was a little ofer 1.5gig (IIRC)... it's MUCH bigger now. More champs and maps obviously contribute.
    But yeah - it's probably overwriting massive chunks of the game.

Thanks for the explanation. I had an idea of what what did, and Baron was explained really nicely on reddit (turning the buff into gold value in the lines of 40AP=Blasting Wand=860 Gold or something liek that)
    The focussing bit is a massive challenge to me, especially in solo cue, where there's no communications. Add to that the fact that I have yet to see how badly skype kills my LoL, and I am stuck relying on text comms in that regard.
    I see it every single game that the focus gets lost in a teamfight, and the fight gets lost because 2 people are focussing the support, one is focussing the AD Carry, one focussing the jungler, and the rest is going at the tank.

Anivia is massively useful in a teamfight, and can be massivley good in a lane.
    Just look at how she can zone the Ranged Carry out of a teamfight for long enough to shift the favour of the fight with her wall... I personally have never played her, and I have seen more fail-plays with her than good plays, but the good plays make her worthwhile.
    (And I blame the fail-plays on Froggen. He's SO good at Anivia, and has caused so many bad players to play with her...:p )

15. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I just tried Nunu last night and he is very fun to play. Considering I started support than went tanky, he is durable and can piss a lot of people off while remaining fun to play. Think I have enough IP for a few 1350 champs or a 3200 so debating who to buy or if I should save for a 6300.

I also saw a Cho last night and the new patch really makes hitting his knock up and stuff much easier. I have yet to play him but the player described him as "more responsive" and a lot more consistent so I'm expecting to see Cho make a return to top lane.

16. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yeah I played against Cho in top lane just before the patch and forgot how difficult he can be to fight; post patch he seems much more responsive. I'm going to go back and play him again i think..

As for Nunu, i really like his versatility; he can be tanky, mobile, supporty and can deal a ton of damage. Hiding in the brush, activating your ulti and occasionally catching the whole enemy team is just hilarious.

17. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Have to say I'm appreciating the new 'accept/decline match' feature. Downside is the matchmaking queue seems to be taking longer with frequent declines or inactivity. I do, however, rather that than the alternative of sitting in champion select for 5 minutes before someone leaves or playing with an afk/dc player.

18. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

The amount of verbal abuse going on at level 5 is horrendous. I wish there was more that could be done to have people with such bad attitudes removed from the game. I personally know someone on the American servers who does use racist comments and he only got banned for a week, which I think is a small slap on the wrist.

I feel if the punishments lasted longer and if people who were repeat offenders would be permanently banned, it would really help improve the community. I fully understand the mute feature, but by muting your own team mates you can't even communicate with them, making verbal abuse difficult to deal with at times. I was talking to a friend about league, and it would be nice if they implemented a voice chat, but with the way some players act, I could see it causing more damage than good, as most people who play together use some other sort of voice chat or communication.

19. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

My biggest problem with it is that the decline button is now where the "play now" button was, the amount of times I've accidentally clicked decline out of habit.

20. Xahl

Xahl Your mum's a Dremel

Yeah it is a bizarre choice to have changed it, but then I think it would look odd with it being the other way around.