1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes it has been rather quiet lately...

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've just pulled the server back up, but the horrendous lag is still there... I'm not sure it's an issue with my server, as the web-based control panel is very unresponsive; last time it was killed by uberlag, the control panel was responding just fine.

3. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Family bussiness on MrsFio and my part. And tomorrow we get a trampoline, so guess there won't be much playing in the forseable future.

Yes, Tekkit is quite overwhelming, I must say. But there's really no end to the possibilities.. ;)

4. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

Had quite a busy week or so lately, havent been able to be on much but I will be in the next week or so as I have a solar panel factory to make :thumb:

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

You guys are missing the might of my castle!!!

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

The rail line is just about done. All the "stations" have boarding track. it just needs a trigger like a button to make it work. There is also one way booster tract at every corner. I have gone all around the track and it worked. no crashes. there is also interdiction torches to keep mobs away. but friendly mobs will be an issue. Feel free to pretty up the areas near your home.

Also 99% of the credit for this goes to Bloody Pete.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You guys have an excuse! :)

I was halfway through sorting out a station in my area when we started getting lagdeath! Should have more time this evening and over the weekend. As for friendly mob protection, we could just encase the tracks in glass panels or blocks; I can do that with worldedit, since it'd be for the benefit of everyone.

So what's the difference between a boarding rail and a vanilla powered rail? I use a button-activated powered rail as the start/end point in all my vanilla railways (thankfully the days of booster carts and elaborate underground setups are long gone).

8. chrisb2e9

Not sure if there is a difference. At the corners and before and after stations I used directional booster track. If you are headed into a corner, it slows you down so you don't crash. Same with a station. Good news is that it should work in both directions too.
    But I don't think it will stop you 100%, just slow you. Which is where the boarding track comes into play. It will stop a cart and launch it.

Not sure if we need glass all the way around it. But it may be the best solution.

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

A boarding rail hold down a cart, so it doesn't start rolling away and when power it applied it launches the cart in the direction of the arrow :)

10. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Pete's Castle is mental. However those towers.....

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What towers?

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

OK, so I've been beavering away on reinforced stone today. There's a crystal chest behind spawn with 106.25 stacks of reinforced stone (or 6800 blocks). You can't create advanced alloy with EE Condensers or the Transmutation Table; nor can you create mixed metal ingots or refined iron with either of them - to make advanced alloy, you have to do it the hard way... Make mixed metal ingots (you can condense tin & bronze, but not refined iron) and compress them - so good luck to whoever else wants a crack at it!

Plus, I've also stored four complete sets of fully-charged Quantum Armour in an adjacent chest - free to whoever wants a set :).

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Do you mean L0ftys_Towers? Topped with enough solar panels to power the server singlehandedly? Yeah. That's my work. I should really finish the interior of the second tower. And put doors in.

14. chrisb2e9

How much advanced alloy do you need?

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm not sure now; I think I overshot by miles when making the reactor chambers... I'll take a look when I log in later. I'll be watching the Curiosity stuff for another couple of hours yet...

16. chrisb2e9

I added a chest with a bunch by the chests you had set up. Should get you off to a good start anyway

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Cheers :thumb:

We should have enough for 64 nuclear reactors with 6 reactor chambers each by the end of the day.

18. chrisb2e9

I put in the rest of what I had. There is 3008 and change in that chest. Should be enough....

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

:eeek:

Cheers, man! According to Pete, we'll need another shedload of the stuff for reinforced glass... We'll probably need way more reinforced stone before we finish, too...

20. chrisb2e9

I can make more tomorrow if I have to. Let me know.