1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What Game Would You Like Made?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tripwires, 1 Aug 2012.

1. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Always wanted a strategy game with the settling, technology research and timeline aspect of Civilisation series , the diplomacy from the EUIII series and the battles from the total war series.

But failing that a new entry in the elite/frontier series.

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

+1 - that's a grand idea.

Wheel of Time series imo, much much more depth to the lore, mechanics, lands, peoples etc etc - so much content in fact that it would take a master company to manage it.

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Oh hell no :lol: That would just be insane! As much as I would love it (last book this month!!! :rock:) I honestly don't think any one developer is big enough to undertake such a project.

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'd like some more stuff based around the Warhammer 40k universe.

Some sort of Mech Warrior style game, based on the Titan legions. Massive maps, huge titans, big ass weapons and destructible environments.

Some sort of large scale space sim/RTS could be made too, where you not only control a small force of space marines, but an entire chapter, including battle-barges, and have to traverse the warp in a huge campaign.

Oh, and Half Life 3, :D :D :D

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Along the Warhammer lines I still dream of the day we get Warhammer Fantasy EXACTLY as it is on the tabletop. :sigh:

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Mixing both Warhammer sentiments... I'd like 40K exactly as it is on the tabletop. There are things like Vassal but I'd like a properly made game with a real 3D world, detailed models, animations, et cetera.

It's a shame because it'll never happen. Games-Workshop are [understandable] afraid that it would kill model sales but I think it might actually be a huge boost to popularity. Easier to get into, and once people get into it they'll realize that you can never completely replace the tabletop experience and buy armies.

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm just sayin, it's a locale that needs to be visited more. That or GTA Moscow. ;D

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

In Soviet Russia, car hijack you!

9. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I would like to see a new jak & daxter game, I frigging loved those games growing up (except for jak x, the racing game)

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I would like any RPG where it feels like the whole world is not revolving around you. Freelancer had that to some point where, sure you had a huge role in saving the galaxy from the alien threat in the main story but outside of that, nobody knew (or cared) who you were, they were too busy getting along with their own lives. you still got stopped and searched now and again, you still had to wait your turn to get into a jump gate and the pirates weren't just there to cause you hassle, they went after the 'general public' just as much.

Whilst I have loved playing games like the newer Fallouts and Eldar scrolls, they are all about the player being the sole savour of the day, it's like everyone else is helpless or stuck in the same routine every day without a break to do something else. Why is there nobody else in the whole of <insert town name here> who could go and deliver this package / rescue some child / kill the beastie?

Having said all that the wild west stuff does sound pretty awesome.

/*edit*/ Just read the Warhammer musings above. A WH40K game that didn't pitch you as a space marine or other assorted hero would be great. Something on a smaller scale such as a rogue trader or hive ganger or something. A theme going back to more the 1st edition stuff.

11. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I forgot -- the original Sonic games, updated with HD+ res sprites.

Like the unfortunately cancelled Sonic 2 HD Alpha, which was pretty much spot on.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

You're pretty much describing how Morrowind went about things. You didn't even have to acknowledge the main quest for all intents and purposes. It's the same for most ES games actually. You can totally ignore the main quest. The only problem is that it seems like they throw you into the whole main quest thing even more.

Of course you can always just comically ignore that the Emperor is killed in ES:IV for example and just carry on being a free prisoner.

Sometimes it's just the limit of the player's imagination.

13. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

A bird simulator in a sand-box world, the whole world.

Choose what sort of bird you are, learn to fly and try to evade predators and find food. Or, work your way up from a Robin in a garden to an Albatros crossing an ocean to fetch food for their chicks.

I'm thinking lots of eye-candy and gameplay that goes from surreal and other worldly to immediate and intense. Environments from oppressive dense jungle, to endless tundra, to vast oceans.

14. dogknees

dogknees Minimodder

A digital Meccano/LEGO/... set with a deep physics system that would let you build huge complex models that work like the real thing. I want to build LEGO Technics models that have millions of pieces. A whole LEGO city that I can drive around in my LEGO super-car with traffic, people, ............

A sandbox style exploration game. I'm thinking of an asteroid or a huge derelict spaceship perhaps, riddled with tunnels and chambers inhabited by various alien species who have different behaviours and habits. The goal would be to find and collect or perhaps make some object or substance. The map and the specifics of the way these species act is different for every user and every game based on random numbers. So there's no fixed strategy or path to follow. You might be able to charge in, guns blazing, or you might need to get one group of aliens to distract another while you sneak past. The only way to find out is to watch and analyse their behaviour. And when you play tomorrow, the map, the aliens, their behaviour and the winning strategy will be different.

Well, I can dream can't I?

15. rinseout

rinseout What's a Dremel?

Something set in the Culture universe

An RPG in the universe created by Iain M. Banks would be amazing.

Also, Elite 4.

azrael- likes this.
  16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

For gods sake. You all talking about Freelancer again makes me reinstall it >_< Now to see if I can get some mods.

17. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Agree with the OP, love the Wild West setting.

Also KOTOR3 would be epic, I wouldn't mind Battlefront 3 either as well actually.

18. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

The Culture universe? Sounds cool, although I also love the worlds he created in both Against a Dark Background (how can you not love the Lazy Gun? :p) and Feersum Endjinn.

rinseout likes this.
  19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

MOAR space games!

-Freelancer spiritual sequel.
    -Homeworld 3

20. rinseout

rinseout What's a Dremel?

True, and also the proto-Culture in the Algebraist. However, I think being able to choose between a neural laced human or other biological creature, a Ship or a drone etc would give so much scope for an almost bespoke experience as per the individual experience in the universe.

But it would take so long to make that it's probably not practical at this stage.

They could have a decent crack at a film of, say, Excession. And it would be truly epic, *if done right*.