1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I can vouch for pkal91 he is one of my friends who I introduced to the bit tech world!

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Still a load of lava under the spawn...

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Wait, how did I do that; I didn't touch anything!

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

My mistake :) Sorry :)

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't blame you for thinking that though, I've probably been responsible for 50% of the breakages on this and the SMP server lol.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Looks like the login servers are down :(

I'll try and jump on tomorrow after work to fix the quarry... Probably won't have much more time this evening.

7. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

What - and I've been responsible for the other 50%? Or is that 50% combined between us?

Also - it seems that a new Tekkit update has been rolled out. At some point when nobody is online, could you update BLC?

8. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

The quarry is working fine. It just needs the occasional water thrown on the lava. Problem is that you can't get rid of the water afterwards.

Well, we cant anyway

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Quarry is nearly done :) Will be setting up the filler shortly...

10. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

At the beginning of a quarry digging, I always put a block of water at one of the corners. The water spreads out to cover the entire quarry in a few layers, and it all comes from one source block so it is very easy to remove afterwards.

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeh, should've done that. :p That outer casing is done, as is the entrance, power management and the control room...

I've done as much as I can be assed for tonight, and I'm going to be doing working tomorrow, so I'm not sure when I'll be on next. Don't ruin it :p

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Whoops, sorry - missed this one. Ordinarily I'd say no to someone whose first post is asking for access to a gaming server! Slightly different if will_123 has spoken up, however. Once you've got enough posts, drop me a PM with your minecraft login ID.

Almost missed this one, too. This is dependant on my server hosts - I don't have access to the server binaries, and I'm not sure if they automatically update tekkit (all other server binaries/mods are automatic, but my host needs to manually intervene with tekkit).

I'll check this one out today if I get chance in work; otherwise it'll have to be when I get home...

I can fix that easily with WorldEdit later today then.

I'm going to create a residence area for the reactor facility - primarily to stop monsters spawning - and I'm going to assign the build flag to a specific user group (e.g. "reactor builders", "reactor maintainers", or something similar). Aside from Bloody_Pete, is there anyone else that wants to help out with this? (I don't count because I always have all permissions everywhere, regardless of residence areas)

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Okay, so Me and rob got a little bored and hooked my tower's solar panels into his base, because he didn't really have enough roof space, then we spent a great deal of time upgrading my roof to HV panels.

End result? 352,256 EU/t out of my tower. That's 7,045,120 EU per second, assuming the server is stable at 20 Ticks per second.

Bonus of this? We plugged in a Mass Fabricator, It filled in six seconds. 64 Mass, six seconds. Goddamn.

Then Rob went and applied more power, just to be sure. [​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

For those who were just booted because of severe lag, it seems to have stabilised again now - back up to a full 20 ticks per second, and all is well.

I'm taking a copy of all the files offline so that I can run it locally; if I get periodic performance problems on my own PC, then I know it's something we've built causing an issue. If not, I'll be putting in a complain to the hosting company.

EDIT: BTW .//TuNdRa, take a look at the reactor complex so far; that might allay your fears of epic server destruction in the case of a meltdown!

In all seriousness though, I deliberately blew up a reactor on my test server. It was enclosed with walls of reinforced stone three blocks thick, and again in reinforced glass. The explosion didn't even damage the reinforced glass, let alone making it to the surface.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  15. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Server went down again. Speed dropped to under 10 ticks and then I quit to go make coffee. Can't get in now.

Also, nuke's aren't that big of a deal. Even through regular stone they don't go that far. And with the mass amount of reinforced stone that we have. We will be fine.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, I took the server down. I was planning to do so anyway, but it didn't even respond to console commands...

I'm investigating now...

17. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Eeesh. I hope nothing got corrupted on the way past. It'd be a bitch if Had to rebuild my towers (That said, I have been wondering If I shouldn't build a new home, my Towers are brilliant for power, but otherwise OTT.

That said; The amount of MFSUs I have up there for energy storage is crazy, too, I'm determined not to run out overnight.

18. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Hmm, I might get a new home. One far away, in the wilderness. Of course, I will take a few stacks of pedestals just to keep going :p
    Tundra - you should never run out of power during the night, even if you had just one MFSU. You can draw 512EU/t (the output of an MFSU) for 16 minutes before an MFSU that is fully charged depletes. As a MC night is only 10 minutes long, you should never run out. Still, those extra MFSUs should let you keep the mass fabricator on all night.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well it's back up now, and it seems to be OK. It fluctuates down every now and then, but not very far.

If anyone spots any glaring problems, please let me know.

20. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Looks like it's down again :(

EDIT: Maybe not, Dynamap is working, just not able to connect in the tekkit client.