1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung details Exynos 5 Cortex-A15 system-on-chip

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Aug 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Eh? Samsung's the source - it says so in the article.

4. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

Yeah, does help to read the article first...

Looks interesting, hopefully we'll get to see a phone or tablet running this very soon.

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I think he's asking for "The Source" not "Name of the source". It's 2012 and customary to provide link-backs to the source material.

6. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

And Atom is now rightfully shite once more.

Action 'Balance is Restored' Parsnip

7. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Given that Krait's natively Dual Core as well, it doesn't seem that quad cores are helping much if at all. Given that most if not all of it is still software reliant, IPC via cores is still possible. The question now is what will Nvidia do as an answer to these?

9. Gareth Halfacree

Not when "the source" is a press release received via email, it isn't.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2012
  10. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/Exynos/products5dual.html

Or

http://www.samsung.com/global/busin...ltimate_WQXGA_Solution_with_Exynos_5Dual.html

With lots of info in the white paper:

http://www.samsung.com/global/busin...mate_WQXGA_Solution_with_Exynos_5_Dual_WP.pdf

Of course providing these links for readers to view the in uber details is purely optional as the source can be found with some googling if you skip through all the tech blogs.

My comment was purely because bit-tech didn't go into as much detail as other blogs (in this instance!) and didn't provide any links to the detail.

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i have to agree partly some links to the source is useful (linking to other blogs does not complacently count if it just repeats the same thing)

better IPC and power use and and good coding to match the hardware in use tends to be better then more cores (see windows mobile 7 example highly optimized phone os on an single core phone works perfectly fine is far more smoother then Patched up code that needs an high clocked dual core or quad core in an highly fragmented phone market (Android), most of that is due to lack of any or little GPU assist that android 4.0 and the maybe fix version maybe 4.1 android should support full GPU hardware assist)

12. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

Thanks for finding the whitepapers. For some reason, Samsung seems to want to keep the fact that they're using the Mali T604 GPU quiet...

I was fishing for a link to a more detailed Samsung PR.