1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Olympics

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 27 Jul 2012.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Say what you really think :lol:

Although I must agree, it looks like an action shot of a fishing accident where George has just been hooked in the eyebrow and is about to be scalped...

Anyway, Hoy is the man for me. I'm not into cycling (or most other sports tbh), but the dedication that man has to his legs is unbelievable.

631kg leg press? :jawdrop:

2. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I absolutely hate running but I reckon Mo gets my vote. If it was for cuteness Ennis for sure. Chris Hoy for the years of dedication he has had.

3. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

best part of that is him saying he could do more if people were not laughing while he did it! But 631kg is insane... I was happy when I managed 200!

4. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Bugger that! I think I'm gonna have to wait for when they bring in Olympic Napping :)

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This... A million times this! She's insanely cute [​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Aug 2012
  6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

My thoughts last night were, "They couldn't afford Danny Boyle to do the closing ceremony then".

Some of the music was alright but the presentation was absolutely shocking. It was a disappointingly unchoreographed hotchpotch of acts. George Michael performing his 'new single, due out next week' just stank.

The building of John Lennon's face was epic, Freddie teasing the audience and the lone member of Monty Python taking centre stage were brilliant. Annie Lennox, too was pretty damn cool. Not that bothered with Jessie J - We Will Rock You needed to be sung by someone with a lot more commanding voice tbh.

I mean, even Robbie could've done better.

Saying that, the Spice Girls were a major disappointment.

Where were other musical legends - Adam Ant? Cliff Richard? Dire Straits? Eric Clapton? Phil Collins? Blondie? The Police/Sting? M-People? (Search for the Hero) Chesney Hawkes (I Am The One and Only!?)

tldr - meh, pfft, hmm.

7. Unicorn

I agree with some of what you said, but you can't be serious when you're talking about wanting to hear Sir Cliff Richard singing at the Olympics... Didn't you watch the Diamond Jubilee concert? He's completely rubbish!

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Why the hell did they have Fashion as the Bowie song as well? For god sake, they've been playing Heroes after every medal ceremony - why not get the man himself in to sing it live?

Hell, if you want to keep it delightfully quirky, get him to do a duet of the Laughing Gnome with the petshop boys - they where dressed for it. Would have been better than an off key Brand, and endless bloody Emile Sandie. :)

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

It was ok but in all honesty I was disappointed, pet shop boys and then one direction.... They then repeated the studio recordings of the exact same songs they sang as the athletes came out!

All in all the technical lighting was outstanding no doubt the engineers need a pat on the back for that, but after seeing Boyle make his opening effort I was slightly underwhelmed, I was told It was going to be an evolution of British music but there was no structure at all.

10. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Laura Trott > Ennis.

11. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Me gusta.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

12. Unicorn

I don't dispute the fact that Laura is very pretty and an amazing cyclist, but in my opinion she'll never hold a candle to Victoria Pendleton. Jess beats them both on pure "I'm a sweetheart" cuteness :)

13. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I know it's crosspost from the Videos threat, but I felt it was important here.

Ah, Laura...

14. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

[​IMG]

Good old Boris :)

15. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Thought the Kate Bush song was very apt, shame she didn't do it live as was rumoured.

16. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Just watched this with with Boris dancing below. Totally brilliant.

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

big rumour mill today was that bowie and kate bush wouldnt do it for £1 as everyone else did

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Everyone did it for £1? I really hope that's true, and shame on Bush and Bowie if it's true about them aswell.

19. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

George does a good Freddie mercury, he or Matthew Bellamy should have sung the queen number IMO. Where does Blondie fit in the history of british music?

I think they also missed a whole genre though. Metal started here, and bands like Sabbath, Maiden & Motörhead pretty much get cited as influences by every major metal act. I thought the performance of wish you were here was too much like a copy-but-can't-do-the-leads to have been valid for inclusion.

Oh, and Nicola Adams for sports personality. She was all pride, and her inclusion, behaviour + subsequent success are far more important than I think many yet realise.

YEHBABY likes this.
  20. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I totally agree. Sadly, every man and his dog currently, plus the fiance! :D

I'm a fan of Bush and she is known for her reclusiveness/nervousness, so I'm giving her some slack.

Bowie should of been there imo.

Elton John?

Last edited: 14 Aug 2012