1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Arma 2: DayZ

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingred, 24 Apr 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Had some fun last night and looking forward to more this evening.

Kited up after Mark gave me ammo. Healthy for the moment also.

My character will be on day 3 longest length of survival.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Would be good fun having our own server

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

There is a minimum player count, so you couldnt say have a twenty slot server just for CPC players, plus the cost that's involved.

Works out £1 per slot with Gaming Deluxe. forty slots minimum.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

It is a FIX

So i run around electro looking for food ,i was that desperate i changed servers, i then went to the wilderness ready to go bear grylls style. However after no food items or wilderness to eat for over 1 hour i died, BALLS to you

so i started again, LOVING IT

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

lesson: never leave a city without food or drink/empty water can + hunting materials at the very minimum...!

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Bandit attacked me at supermarket in Cherno and I replied with half magazine. Luckily he had morphine or I would have been in serious trouble. Looks like he spawned near Cherno, found me and returned the favor. 15 days without major incidents.

Now I'm killing every player I see (unless they are Bit-techers).

First things I look for after dying: matches, compass, hatchet, 2-3 soda cans + same amount of food cans, some bandages. Resort to guns only if you can't find a hatchet.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Sitting pretty with plenty of food, drink ammo and guns. Plus medical supplies.

A player was shooting around Cherno Church but he ran off. Think he was shooting Zeds.

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I find the game is more fun after dieing. When me and my friends have good gear, we tend to be much more passive and careful but if we're running around with crappy guns after just reviving, we look for trouble!

9. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Just had the most intense firefight of my playing so far with Fluidic, Betty and Gurdeep. We found a car north of Stary near the old fields and while we were looking for wheels to repair the car Betty got shot by an AS50 standing next to it. With only me (with an M4A1 SD) and Gurdeep (with a revolver and hatchet) around and Fluidic running up we got down low and tried to find Betty's assailant.

After Fluidic got there he managed to spot a ghillied sniper in the forest to the side of the road, who he then killed. However more snipers materialised and Fluidic took out two more and then went down. At this point I was proning roughly behind them with my silenced M4 and managed to sneak up and take out one more guy proning down by the bodies. Fortunately out of the corner of my eye I spotted another guy further into the forest and so I managed to take out him aswell while he looked away.

It ended up with 5 dead guys all in ghillies on the hill and all looted up. Me and Gurdeep managed to defend the car without any problems, filling it out with AS50's, DRM's, M4A1 SD's, GPS's etc. Both Betty and Fluidic managed to make it back and after finding another wheel we managed to take it all away and set up camp in the wilderness. Happy ending. :D

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Nice.

I still can't even join my usual server, it's been over a week now. My list of tent locations is going to be pretty useless now I suspect.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

12. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Are the mumble details still

81.19.212.152 PORT: 2021 ?

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The mumble details haven't changed since last time.

Im thinking of buying combined ops for the higher res graphics. Using low res due to Arrowhead plus Arma 2 free.

I can then run a serious survival account and a run and gun don't care account.

Might take a look this evening when i get home.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2012
  14. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I think so, also:

It comes from this compilation which I'm currently watching and is fricking hilarious. :D

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Which reminds me i have a few hours of footage i am going to put together, like that video posted above!

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

RAGE!!!!

Good run and then Hacker killed everyone.

Will be part of my video.

17. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Think long and hard before you get a server. You can't restrict who uses it or make room for people who have paid. You have very little control over it and although things are beginning to get better the DayZ staff have very little regard for server admins and seem to choose hacking over security. With the last patch they removed player names from the logs so it is even harder now to prove someone was hacking. It takes a lot of effort to effectively admin a DayZ server at the moment.

18. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Epic, epic times had last night with Betty and Fluidic in the chopper.

DayZ has been given a new lease of life, we need to find some more crew and commandeer more choppers!

Gurdeep14 likes this.
  19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Seeing you lot formation flying around Chernarus would be quite a sight.

Gurdeep14 likes this.
  20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

That second video was AWESOME!!! Sums up DayZ perferctly...