1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post moderation times...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by MrT0ad, 21 Apr 2011.

1. MrT0ad

MrT0ad What's a Dremel?

Hi beautiful people:

I'm new to this community, but not really new to online communities in general (being the first community I participated on a point-to-point BBS) and I find the post moderation turnaround and the general lack of feedback rather disturbing.

With a 24hr+ turnaround there's really little point on engaging on discussion, more over considering that different users are moderated at different rates, completely messing up the timeline within any given thread.

I do understand that circumstances specific to this community may have prompted this extreme level of moderation, but it does make one feel rather... unwelcome.

Where it might have aided in stopping the ailment (whichever this might be) it doesn't at all promote growth...

May I suggest that moderation turnaround time gets drastically reduced and a higher level of interaction between mods and new members is promoted, as one is left wondering if the relevant threads/posts have not been approved yet due to lack of time/resources or they've just been discarded for reasons undisclosed (which again adds to the feeling of being generally unwelcome in the community)

Thanks for reading :)

2. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 What's a Dremel?

I 2nd the above also. I've only just joined this board a couple of days ago and already found one thread I've started out of sync because my replies have to be approved first. Why not moderate the original posts before allowing them to be viewable but then allow replies to go straight on and check them afterwards? It would make things a bit more tidier.

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Unfortunately, because we do get such a huge volume of spam sign-ups it is necessary for us to manually moderate all new members.

I realise it may be frustrating for the first few days of membership, but it makes for a much better forum experience for the forum as a whole.

N17 dizzi likes this.
  4. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I think you guys missed one ^^^^ :p

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Lol

That's a little bit hilarious.

6. bear95

bear95 What's a Dremel?

It's been more than a week and two posts in my thread haven't appeared yet. At what point do I become a non-new member?

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No other posts of yours in the queue - it's checked multiple times a day. Did both of them contain a huge pile of links? They could have been deleted as spam, but I doubt it unless you're trying to sell us fake Le Boutin bags or something.

8. bear95

bear95 What's a Dremel?

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

In which case I have no idea I'm afraid - chances are they were accidentally deleted among hundreds of spam posts this week. Sincere apologies. :)

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps they got missed and someone hit the 'Delete All' button. This morning for instance I validated three posts, but had to delete 102 spam.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yeah, the spam levels have escalated rapidly in the last week or two

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You're not kidding. At 11.00am I deleted 20 more, and just now another 64.

EDIT: and 12 minutes later, another 6...

Last edited: 21 Aug 2012
  13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I vote the mods to stop deleting spam for one day, marked on the calender so that when the whole freaking internet tries to spam the forum its members understand just how good a job our guardians do.

I like the mods around these parts, their not total "c*nts" with real ego problems unlike many other forum's I've tried and yet I still keep running home to bit. (still miss bindi :waah:)

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

They might let you get away with only starring out one letter there, because you're singing their praises :lol:

15. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I suggest this day be Relix's birthday. Let's make an evil festival of this legend, who must be brought down...

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The latest 25 posts, and 6 are spam. That's greater than a 20% spam to real post ratio. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345587467.339914.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N17 dizzi likes this.
  17. Blazza181

To be honest, I really could do with a pair of Air Jordans or the like, trainers just don't cut it for basketball.

Carrie likes this.
  18. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Wow spam is totally out of hand. The thing I don't understand is, how is it even worth their while as a type of advertising?

They must have to hire that loser person to spend all day registering on forums, filling in all those annoying jumbled letters and stuff, and then posting their post, half of which get deleted before they are even seen. And then of the other ones, how many people are going to be on somewhere like this looking for info on games or something and see some stranger spamming dodgy links and think OOOH COOL! I NEED A HANDBAG! And then click the link. Not only could it be a virus or anything, but why would you even buy a bag from some stranger on the internet anyway when you can just get one on amazon or somewhere legit, or if you want a bargain - ebay.

I don't get it.

19. Blazza181

I'm betting they use some form of bot. Many forums use similar/identical interfaces, so it becomes very easy to create tons of accounts. Just imagine how easy it is to sign up and post on, say, tapatalk. Exploit that, and you've got a spiced ham producer.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

That's just one section of the forum...