1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress The Theory of Everything. Dec. 21st. End of the world? Have some final pics. :-)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 29 Oct 2011.

1. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Darn... I SO wanted a cat to roam my 1 room appartment... :(

4 better mods! :thumb: But thanks man! :)

Thanks man! :)

That could have been in another and much easier way. I wanted it to be like it is, so you have to use the motion sensor twice to insert a cd! :)

Thanks man! :)

Since I've really not been in the mood to mod the last month, I actually thought about selling the case. But my G5 is starting to look boring to me, so I found the love for modding again... So I'm sorry man, not gonna happen! :)
    (and how much would I kick myself if there was a danish modding championship again, and you showed up with this case? :lol: )

I'm happy you like it, and thanks for the RL comment! :)

BTW, there is no such thing as RL, it's called AFK! :lol:

As for Star Wars... I take pride in the fact that I never saw any of it. And I also love to see peoples face when I say I never saw it.. :lol:

Thank you very much sir! :)

If I was from England, I'd probably change the colors just for that comment.. :lol:

Thanks man! I really like the color combo myself! :)

Thanks! :thumb:

2. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Ahhh... I woke up a morning a couple of weeks ago, and I had a feeling of something missing. The GF was next to me, so that wasn't it!
    Then it hit me... Modding!

I've gone a while now without doing anything, so I decided to get on with it.

First thing was to find another gfx, since my Zotac 560 GTX 448 core doesn't fit this mod.
    I wrote a couple of manufacturers for a sponsorship, but didn't even get a reply... :(

But since yours truly is out of debt and in the midst of saving up $8000 for the down payment of a used car, I decided to spend a meer $300 on a used 580 gtx that would fit perfectly! :)
    I got that today, and the next step is to make a waterblock for it.

You all know the feeling of having 1 bilion ideas in your head! This is the start. This is what I need to design a waterblock:

[​IMG]

That's where I am at the moment. This night is dedicated to starting getting my thoughts into SolidWorks, unless my boys show up on teamspeak and BF3 starts kicking off! :)

C ya soon with a real update! :)

3. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

OOooooo!!! I can't wait to see your block!

4. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Monkeyfun <- Neither can I! :lol:

In all honesty... I have a vision of something really cool in my head. I couldn't sleep the other night, and the vision of an EVGA logo in the path of the water popped into my head. But since it's a Gainward card, and evga didn't even reply to my mail, I'm gonna go with the same general idea, but just with a different writing. :)
    The problem is just that when I try to put it on "paper" I only achieve about 40-50% of the picture in my head. But I guess (hope) it's like that for all of us. :)

Pcb with "hot" parts:

[​IMG]

Basics of the block:

[​IMG]

That's what I've made since my last post. Now to find out how the block will look! :)

5. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Angel kicking ass in SW again. :rock:

Can't wait to see that block,mate. :thumb:

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Really? Calipers and paper? I thought you were one of those point cloud probe-type people. It's gonna rock, no matter what you do.:D

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

That Jedi switch is sweeeet! Awesome stuff man! I love it!

8. Furball Zen

Furball Zen Shut up and Mod

Thats the way to do it, you get more enjoyment out of doing something long hand i think :)

9. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Me neither m8, me neither! :) Still have several hours of trial and error on the design until I'm happy, and then it's on to manufacturing! :)

Nah... I'm old school MonkeyBoy! :)

IF we had a 3D scanner I'd probably use that, but for now I like to sit in the comfort of my kitchen and meassure everything! Also makes it more fun to see if I missed something! :lol:

Thanks man! :thumb:

I agree. It more fulfilling somehow! :)
    And also there's the slight chance of killing the hardware when tampering with it, which makes it a bit more of a gamble! :lol:

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

A custom block!!! Now I have to wait??? Be quick man!! ;)

11. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

12. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Damn man... I have the most amazing case of designers "block"... I've sat for 3 hours now, and every idea has been a miss... I just came up with another one, but I'll do some BF3 first to clear my head! :)

I'd love to be quick... But you'll have to wait a bit sir! :)

:thumb:

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

And the awesomeness continues. :):rock::clap:

14. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I sure hope so! :)

Just spent 2 hours on a pretty cool design of the cooling "channel" and all of a sudden it hit me.. "You stupid &#%¤¤... Unless you have a mill with a diameter of 0,004 Inches, that will go 1/4 inch down... This is useless..." :lol:

Right now the idea will be somewhat something like this. Some will like it, some will hate it. As usual! :)

[​IMG]

That's it for now. It's still gonna be at least a week before I start manufacturing, and many things will surely change. :)

15. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

love the block don't like the 580gtx text :p

16. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

This f***ing awesome design of the waterblock! Just do it

17. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Be a man and say you hate it! :lol:

Thanks man! :) Got a boat load of tweaks to do still, but I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the main parts of it. :)

18. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I came here to find something to tease you and you won again lol I quit!!!! Bro that looks so techy and spacy, damn I love it!!! BF3 did the work I guess ;p

19. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

OMG! That block looks great. Those water channels and heat dissipation area is superb.

20. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

Nope :p love the flow of the block.
    Its just the 580gtx lettering is distracting like very beautiful lady with big spot on her nose :D stands out to me and all I can look at