1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning When to start a projekt log/thread - What stage

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Fonne, 25 Aug 2012.

?

Start to show a projekt - What stage ?

1. A:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B:

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. C:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fonne

Fonne What's a Dremel?

Hi

Is well into the planning of a Casebuild, and like the most people dreaming about showing it the best way / to the most people.

At the moment I got some of the hardware, a ton of hand drawings and a cardboard model.

Im thinking about starting something like this:

A: Start as a modding/planning thread here:
    - Explain my ideas and plans
    - A small intro about myself maybe ? (My work with CNC)
    - Some of my early works
    - Show what i got right now - Hardware / Models
    - Show the hole proces - The first drawing (How to) etc
    - And then it will be move to a "Project log"

Or should i wait and show a ton of work right at the beginning ?

B: Start as a project log - Wait until I got more work done
    - A faster thread, where I can show a lot of work right at the beginning (Maybe a more wow effect?)

C: Or something in the middle ?
    - Stick with the "A" model, but just make one part fast to get it as a Projekt log early ?

Have been reading this great guide:

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/09/17/zen_and_the_project_log/1

But still hope that you can see what im thinking about, and share what you enjoy the most to see, or some input about things that I have forgot about ?

It will be my first projekt thread, so would like to get I right, and it you people that will be the audience, so you should enjoy it :)

(Hope the English is not to bad)

Regards Fonne / Henrik

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

A would happen here in Modding.

B would happen in Project Logs.

You could start A here, and when you post photos of work in progress we can move the thread from here to Project Logs for you. Best of both worlds. :)

3. Fonne

Fonne What's a Dremel?

"A" was also the one that i have in mind, but always nice to hear what people think about it, when im new in the modding scene :)

This will be my first build, so would also like to hear if I should show some etching, acrylic work that i have done (Like a small intro about me), or do people dont care and just want to see the projekt itself ?

Just trying to get it right the first time :) - All input are more that wellcome :thumb:

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You can show whatever you want, ask advice and get suggestions. The only condition that must be met for it to become a project log is that it shows photos of work in progress. Beyond that you can do it any way you want.

5. Fonne

Fonne What's a Dremel?

I was thinking more about what people would like to see, than what i can show :)

Is the type of person that likes to have a pretty solid plan to follow before I start - Any suggestions / ideas is more than welcome :thumb:

But then again, maybe i should just start and it will be the best result, just change things along the road ...

Last edited: 25 Aug 2012
  6. Attila

Attila still thinking....

People generally like to see work in progress. Start building your case and when you have a decent amount of work of to show, then start a project log. You can then start your log with all planning details, influences etc and follow up immediately with the work you have done. It's important to have photos of work in progress in that first post. Oh, and please don't post endless photos of the hardware you just bought.;)

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Starting as soon as possible can be good. Sometimes you get useful ideas and even can have someone spot a potential problem.
    It's easier to talk about what you did while it's fresh on your mind too.

8. Fonne

Fonne What's a Dremel?

Just added a small poll :)

All comments are more than welcome :thumb: