1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress RENEGADE, The public Enemy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 14 May 2012.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Renegade continued

hi everyone and thanks again for your motivating words.
    here are some new oics, some of the painting, some of the wire bunches i have been getting ready while waiting for the paint to dry, the x-y joystick circuitry, the door opener knob, the back panel with all sorts of thingamajigs possibiliteis, the second rear joystich, the key ignition, the leds wires, the door sound module, etc.. etc..
    will be more coats of paint and am still experiments like with the black widow with differnet camo colors.
    here are some pics of the interior plating too which i forgot to post.
    more to come..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mechh69 likes this.
  2. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

The attention to detail and craftsmanship in this are amazing. Beautiful work, imagination and creativity. I can't believe how big it is beside you in that picture that thing is massive. It's amazing what you can do when you put you heart in to things. Keep it up and cant wait to see it painted and finished. I hope it's done in time for you competition. Good Luck 5 Stars and +rep

Mechh69

3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

^Agreed & :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::clap:

4. Phyonics

Phyonics What's a Dremel?

A staggering amount of work has gone into this. It is really impressive!

5. kaynmchellboy

kaynmchellboy What's a Dremel?

6. matiss

matiss Minimodder

When it starts walking and talking i just call my friends in Germany and tell ´em to bail out ;)

Joke aside. Stunning work and craftmanship.

7. G-force

G-force What's a Dremel?

Great build. I can't help but think "Mad Max" when I look at this build and that is a compliment all the way.

8. abbas-it

Renegade continued

hello everyone and thanks again for your interest. yes this mod is indeed an odyssey of modding and yes i passionately love putting my heart into what i create.
    @ matiss in vienna, welcome aboard, your german friends have already fled the country:D.
    by the way, i might be at the VIENNA GAMECITY in october with the Renegade, Black Widow, PC-Reforged and others incase you would like to see them.

hi guys, here is a little update again, have been doing certain wiring and other chores which can be done while the paint is ripening. dont want any finger prints. ths basic inner structure has its basic paint so i can start getting some cables in this case.
    also fixed up some of the circuitry for the later door opener and other controls like joystick etc..
    had to change the hardware i wnated a litle because the mainboard was too wide etc.. otherwise everything is working more or less accordinmg to plan. its hard to imagine, that the mainboard was too big for this tardis, isnt it.
    more to come

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If this mod gets any more awesome, I'm worried it might actually break the forum with awesomeness.

10. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

Very nice work.. Your woodwork is extremely good and i hope to see more pictures from this mod soon :)

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Colour time :D:rock:

12. Theo85

Theo85 What's a Dremel?

Just wow.

I've been browzing mods online for a while now, many look cool or have a great function for over clocking, or even both. Some are even rare peices of art.

Abbas-It, what you have created here is not just a mod, it's an alter to the gods of tech.

You can really see the care and time you've put into Renagade, The public Enemy.

It's truely a masterpiece of art and machine. :clap:

13. abbas-it

Renegade rises again

hi guys and thanks really. some of your remarks are so nice and really motivate me.
    am really glad you all like the way the renegade is turning out.
    it will be going to the German Case Mod Championship in colone at the gamescom on the 15th till 19th of august so evebn though i have various new ideas, it mus simply be ready by then.
    have finished partially most of the paint and changed the paintjob scheme a bit. i just wasnt satisfied with the first few trials, they just didnt look bad ass enough.
    i wanted to make the renegade look as if he is ready to fight an army. so now with a bit more camo than oroginalyl planned it is finally working out.
    here are some new pics. a video will follow as soon as all the other 460 parts are stuck back together, he wiring completed and system are running.
    even the cigar smokse now too. have ised the tft door hatch as a shorted to led so that when the door is left open, a red led is one as a control lamp.
    the hard part is coming tomorrow, getting the star door back on , wired and working within limits setters etc.. also did some rust look paint too.
    more to come..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come..

14. abbas-it

the RENEGADE RULES........

Goooooooooooodddddddd mooooooornnningggggggggg BIT-TECH
    I am over the moon guys, I was just at the German Casemodding Championship and
    i really didnt think i would be able to top my results of 1 gold and 2 silver from 2011.
    But wonders never sieze.
    I won 5 Trophies.
    Gold with The Black Widow as Best Case-Construction
    [​IMG]

Gold with the RENEGADE, The Public Enemy as best Case Modification
    [​IMG]

Gold with the RENEGADE, The Public Enemy as the best in Cases on the Move
    [​IMG]
    Silver with The Wicked Widow Keyboard Set
    [​IMG]
    and Silver in 24 Hour Live Modding Challenge with my WDHC (together with Johannes Loew)
    [​IMG]
    unbelievable. Noone has ever won 5 tropies and 3 of them in gold sofar at the DCMM so i am realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy proud and honored.
    most of all though for the RENEGADE which has really been a modding odyssey

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I missed the paint update on this some how.

Think I expressed how impressed I am with your massive creativity abbas a good few times already :D the trophies officially acknowledge it, congrats dude, 5 trophies in 1 event, that's a heck of a feat. :D:clap:

Got to say I think I'd like that 24 hour challenge but are you allowed to go at that with a plan but you just have to make it in the 24 hours?, bet it's a lot of fun, I'm quite used to modathons. :D

Keep on modding abbas. :D:dremel::rock:

I imagine it might be tempting to mod 1 of the trophies to support a tiny PC. :D

16. Phyonics

Phyonics What's a Dremel?

Well done and congratulations on your trophies!! The Renegade looks fantastic.

17. abbas-it

hi waynio, sorry for the late reply mate. about 24 hours modding, well we are teams of 2 have 3 day each of 8 hours and each team gets a standard pc twoer to convert into whatever you like. we may drw plan and templates etc.. before hand but we are not allowed to trace anything for instance on the wood or alu. or metal etc.. no precut form aeither. in other words you get your kit and caboodle, all your required tools and materials and go to cologne after qualifying, and literally at the sound of the gun, you start the first cuts and tracings. is really fun working under scrutiny of tzhe judges and public and tv cameras. is really tension in its purity too. every day we had a count down till the last james bond disarms a bomb second.
    :D isnt it amazing what we do just to recieve a vase, i love it.