1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases What is your all time favourite case?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 27 Aug 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What is it with cases that you are given so many drive bays?

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

The Lian Li A05FN, no doubt about it. It has the perfect size. Fits an ATX motherboard, ATX power supply, huge heatsink, two 2.5" drives, two 3.5" drives, two 5.25" drives a floppy drive and it has the greatest looking exterior. Understatement is always the way forward.

3. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Minimodder

I must admit I love my Antec 900 - had it for several different builds and it serves all my purposes :)

saying that I had a Phong II as well in the past - but I didnt trust the digital read out on it as I had a GFX card fry in it once.

I am working on a Prodigy case mod atm and well I must say there are lots of little things in the case I like (like the ability to rotate the I/O switch 180 degrees)

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Asus Vento (I know...) and Silverstone FT01

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

6. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

I've had my Lian Li PC-7 for nearly ten years, its had quite a few builds in it and still going strong---see no reason to replace it!

7. sford

sford What's a Dremel?

Akasa Eclipse 62, was a real nice case to work with and loads of room. While no the best for airflow now, at the time it was great! Had about 3 or 4 different systems in there through its life with me.

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I just ditched my Antec 900 after using it since 2006 for all my main rigs. Despite it being terrible for cable management and a dog to swap HDD's out of, I stuck with it. Even now after owning my R4 for a couple of week's I actually miss it! Better cooling and quieter, not bad for a 6 year old case :thumb:

9. JitsuSparty

JitsuSparty Minimodder

Oh I agree there - I dont think I have moved my HDD's around in it for 2 years... even got one just loose in there as I dont want to take it apart

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I shudder when I think of my antec 900. It stopped my pc from spontaneously dismantling but that was about all it did. Terrible case otherwise

11. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

12. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Hah, I have that case back home. Still going with an AMD build in it. Although - I am almost certain
    it is a knock-off of it. As it has nothing about Akasa on it at all. But looks EXACTLY like the eclipse62.

Removable mobo tray an' all. Brilliant case.

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have Pookies 900 here and I think it's a decent case, I made a small modification to help the cable management issue :), it's not perfect but it helps.

My nephew will take receipt of it once I obtain the last two parts for the build, I think he's going to love it.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2012
  14. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

My Little Devil PC-V8 is my favourite case. A little overkill for the RIVE that's in it, but will be perfect when I move to a dual- or quad-CPU system. Plenty of drive bays as well.

15. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

The antec 1200 that flame sold me, its on here somewhere 'project antec twelveorange' Well all i can say is everytime i look at it, it is as awesome as when i first got it!!! Brilliant case!!!

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I wish they made another YY Cube. Not bigger, just 'better'. Honestly I think it was the greatest case I ever owned because I put so much love into it and used it as a footstool. I modded extra fan-grills, lined it with acoustic matting, put in a backlight behind the door grill so it shone down the vents and painted it up.

Other than that, I consistently come back to Lian Li. They make beautiful cases, but they aren't overengineered to the nth degree like, say, CM or Antec are and nor will they win performance awards, but I frankly don't care. The X2000 was a truly beautiful design. In the same breath, I have a great respect for Silverstone's FTs as well, but I 've never owned one.

Internet bro-fist to the man who liked the Chaintech! Those were the days. I bought a CM ATCS though and regretted not buying a Lian Li PC60 :(

Right now I have an A06 as my server, a PC11 soon to be my wife's PC and a HAF-X I'm so not fussed about for myself.

EDIT: YY are still going! But it's just not the same :( http://www.yycase.com/

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Aug 2012
  17. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

My favourite owned case was the akasa 62-eclipse;
    [​IMG]

On wheels, made it an awesome case.
    Far too big mind! Just so much space that I wasted with air cooling. I stripped all the additional drive bays out and still had extra.

Currently on an nzxt Vulcan:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2011/06/17/nzxt-vulcan-review/1
    Dividing looks but cheap, matx, inbuilt fan controller, plenty of space for fans with a 200mm on the side, 2x120mm on the roof and a 120mm @ the front. Just a shame its a 92mm fit at the rear.

The handle sold it to me-easy LAN machine :)

18. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

My classic Lian Li PC65 in silver. I still have that case somewhere.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

ATCS 840. I still want that thing.

20. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I found the PCI covers and will post ASAP bud :D