1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Got my new mouse- FAIL recommend me a new one...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 29 Aug 2012.

1. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

thanks for the info man, ive tried a few surfaces already its defo the mouse, atm im stuck between a zowie ec2, mionix naos 5000, razer deathadder and the Logitech G9x :thumb:

yes i did have a look at that mouse it looks quite comfortable :)

Definitely considering the Mionix Naos 5000. Do you personally use one ?

comfortable and precise? good for graphic work and gaming? :)

Have thought about it, what do you think? Do you personally use one?

Tablet as in a Wacom 'graphics pad' as people call them these days? if thats what you mean I have several I use daily.

My plastic rat 3 was about 100 times better than that rat 7 I received. Also strongly considering this mouse.

Have tried several :/

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Awesome!

I'm just wondering, would you prefer a small mouse?

And linked to that, do you use a fingertip grip?

3. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Very comfortable and extremely precise

Sent from Bittech Android app

4. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

well I guess the rat 3 is a happy medium sized mouse? and I am a Palm-Claw hybrid if that makes sense :/ I know im not giving much to go on, Sorry.

That's what I like to hear.

5. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Lol no problems! Just wondering, because your shortlist contained two large mice (Mionix Naos and Deathadder), a medium one (Zowie EC2) and a tiny one (G9X) lol. Well I'm sure you're not like me, and will be happy with any of those.

I would personally say the G9X is the most precise for the design work at a high DPI (it's small, and also has a laser sensor) but less suited to FPS; whereas the optical Deathadder is amazing for FPS but slightly less precise (by perception anyway) if you use the higher sensitivities. It's to do with using the fingertips to control the mouse, compared to largely using your palm/other parts. And also regarding the size and weight, you want a small mouse for more precision, so anyhow IMO the EC2 would be perfect. Medium, light, works fine with fingertip control as well as sweeping action in FPS. It's my favourite anyway.

But disregard much of what I say as I'm talking about truly tiny differences, any of the mice you are considering will be a real treat for your hand :)

6. jamesriley94

jamesriley94 What's a Dremel?

I use the M60 and find it so much better than other mice I've used in the past. It just screams quality all round

7. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

just discovered the zowie only goes up to 2000dpi :( i use 3200 :(

That leaves it between g9x deathadder and mionix naos :O

8. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

For pure FPS I would recommend Zowie EC2 or Steelseries Xai - if you have the money.
    Otherwise the G400 is perfect. I have a Xai and it is amazing to use. HOWEVER I would say build
    quality is a little suspect.

Other than those, the ROCCAT Kone I had was probably THE best mouse I ever had. Until it broke 3
    months later. Then the replacement broke about 5 months in. But as an actual mouse, it was brilliant.

You don't say what surface you use. But all those mice I tried worked great on QcK Heavy, QcK+, qPad
    and Titan everglide. The Kones "CPU" thingy feature only worked on a solid black icemat I borrowed.
    I don't know if that was just mine or if they're all like that - but that is my experience.

But um, good luck finding one! :) Takes me months to find a mouse to buy. :D

9. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

My mx518 is still going strong from 2002 :) I would get a g600x

10. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Read some reviews of my recommendation the mionix saiph.. top mouse at a top price

Sent from Bittech Android app

11. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

WOW you use 3200 for really detailed pixel perfect graphic work? Are you at a crazy high screen resolution?

I'm just wondering, can you move the cursor one pixel at a time with that resolution?

Anyhow, I would suggest getting really good mouse feet so that your tiniest movements will register

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Logitech mice fan here too. I would recommend MX518 (or G400 replacement).
    Fantastic shape, great grip, buttons etc. I've had my MX518 for last 8 years and it still going strong.
    Thinking of change too, but cannot see anything better than just getting G400:)
    Is there any brand new Logitech flagship mouse out?

13. frost32

frost32 What's a Dremel?

Well, if you want a mouse for fps, Razor is your best option. They have the excellent mouse. Shape is great. Accuracy is great. Everything about it is great.

14. Deewon

Deewon What's a Dremel?

MX518 is the best mouse I've owned. Had it for at least 5 years, never one issue and still going strong.

Unfortunately is isn't in production anymore but Logitech now do the improved G400 which I've heard is just as good / better.

15. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

I have a roccat sota and a steelseries qck :) but tbh for something like this ill spend whatever it takes to get it absoloutely perfect. For mouse and a mousematt to match :)

Had a look dude looks like a very nice mouse and is reasonably priced :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

16. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Yeah im not
    to sure why :eek: and nope i dont have a good monitor at all, YET. looking into 3 u2711 atm :) and surprisingly i can actually move the cursor 1 pixel at a time :) and do you mean replace the ones that come standard ? With what, any suggestions? :)

Except the build quality from what i hear... :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

17. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

mouse feet -> depends on the mouse you get. Just ensure it glides real smooth and it would be easier to make tiny adjustments in cursor movement.

and that frost32 seems like a bot.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I use a Corsair M60 and love it.

Having said that, the BLOOOOOOOO LED does irritate me a little, and will be bodged out in due course.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Tiny piece of smoke coloured film on the underside of the LED plastic so you can keep the light without it driving you utterly insane during darkened sessions. I hate ostentatious LEDs on tech.

20. B-Cool

B-Cool What's a Dremel?

+1 for the G9x. I have a claw/fingertip grip and its awesome. Mind you it's the only gaming mouse I've owned but FWIW I absolutely love it.