1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 Aug 2012.

1. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I think the review was perfectly adequate - it's someone's opinion about the game, and naturally is going to be subjective. Just because it doesn't match the level of detail you might desire in an objective, empirical study doesn't mean it's not an accurate representation of how the reviewer feels about the game.

Personally I'd give CS:GO around 90% having played it in depth in the last couple weeks, as it's a refreshing change from the cookie-cutter, watered down crap we've been seeing in the FPS market recently.

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

looking at how valve treats its older games its almost certain the game will get more content and have most issues solved, so in a couple month it will be worth the 99%.

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

But there's your key words: Near perfect game.

It's really damn good, it's a solid if not absolutely fantastic game. And the new improvements are just the added game modes they put in. Surely that isn't too bad? Oh and cross platform would be just total rapage. We've tried in the past. Work it does not.

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

It's essentially an HD re-issue of a ten year old game, a game that really and truthfully is close to perfect at what it does.

Put it this way: what are the changes you would make to CS:GO to make it better? I don't mean additions (this is just an HD remake after-all.), just changes. There will be some, but I doubt they'd add up to more than 1% of the experience (i.e. tweaks here and there). By that logic, the game is worthy of 99%.

5. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

So have any other games scored 99%?

Is this the best game BT has ever reviewed?

6. Clesm

Clesm What's a Dremel?

Found the answer on digitalspy:
    Why did you choose to release the title as a digital exclusive?
    "We just thought it would fit better. We would like to always do things as digital downloads if possible. It's easier to get it into consumers' hands. They're excited, they want to play, they can just download it and go."

Unless they have a ps3 in europe or dont buy from steam...

7. SoulRider

SoulRider What's a Dremel?

I don't know, how about making it so it works!! Everyone I know personally who bought that game has the same problem, it refuses to load, spitting out errors. Chime was a donation to a cause, not a game ...

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'm guessing you have an issue with buying via Steam, any particular reason?

I've been using it for 9 years without issue.

Tags: Add Tags