1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars - The Old Republic Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fizzban, 24 Sep 2011.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

The lag on Red Eclipse at night when on the Imperial Fleet is getting pretty bad :(

[​IMG]

2. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

So i've heard from players, but i remember reading in the Forums afterwards (when i was looking around at the topic) that they wouldn't be changing it after all.

They probably realise it's another facet of the Legacy system and that without it, as you say, Columi Comms at our Level are fairly pointless.

Since you're missing the Set Bonus, it's a great "jump into Level 50 content" type affair, but like with BH/Rakata, the Set Bonus is sometimes integral to how a Class plays.

You're right in that for organised Guilds, the LFG isn't really used apart from farming BH Comms (get a group of 4, go straight into Group Finder for HM FPs - BH Comms with no group hassle).

But as a Daily it gets weary... some people are using the Group Finder for content (generally the under-geared) and others (like myself) are using it for the BH Comms... so like the last group i ran with on Battle for Ilum, you can skip a good 50% of the Mobs and Bosses in the FP making it and Taral V one of the easiest and quickest HM FPs to do. However i was saddled with a group that a) did not know how to speed run and b) did not want to speed run the instance and as such was effectively made to plod my way through what should have been a nice and simple run.

I've actually been hearing this more and more from Guild Members and really should take the time to check for myself.

For Sages it apparently gives Crit and takes away Willpower (which is fairly useless since Crit is fairly high anyways).

And for Sents it removes Crit and Accuracy for Surge and Endurance.

I really want to run SM Denova more, but with our Guild reshuffling and various members dropping out we're having to recruit some fresh blood into the team, which invariably sets us back.

I mean we went through EV HM last night and couldn't get past Annihilation Droid until i stepped off my Tank (it's only a single Tank fight anyways) and hopped onto my Rakata geared DPS Main, so we had an extra DPS (but at the same time, it shouldn't be needed if everyone's doing their job properly) - our two (not-so-sure) subs at the time were a Columi/Rakata Gunslinger and a Columi Sentinel, so basically two of the highest DPS classes already, yet somehow fail their rotation. They were also last on Infernal Council as well.

Last night was pretty terrible overall.

- Had to swap over to DPS, so my Shadow couldn't get any Loot from Annihilation Droid.

- Connection dropped during Gharj, but they still managed to down it. However as such, wasn't able to get the Rakata Off-hand that i alone needed.

- No more Consular drops for the rest of the night... just got a Rakata level mod.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

This free to play to lvl 15 is genius..not Bioware genius true as others have done this before. But it IS making me want to re-sub. Oddly I was able to log my lvl 34 online and play? Is that so we can sort out our character for transfer? Or am I just exceptionally lucky? lol

I couldn't believe it ya know. I played at launch and my server Frostclaw was the busiest PVE in Europe. I logged in a couple days ago and it was dead. Not just a little dead..proper dead. Nothing in the market, no players on the fleet. I was stunned. No lag tho! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways transferred my dudes to the server my guild moved to. I say my guild..they probably kicked me after I buggered off. :D

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

5. Fizzban

Ah thank you. I used to be up on all of it, but after dropping my sub in Feb I've lost touch with everything TOR. And like you mentioned a while back my Jedi got all his points refunded..lol I don't even know what they changed..how sad. He can sit there for now any ways. It will be nice to have a truckload of ability points to spend all at once when I can be bothered. I've made a LS to enjoy the freeness... I like him, a lot.

Maybe I could run a pve build past you guys..see what you think. Sod the swtor forums..it always turns in an argument. Let me sort it out though the site is not up to date, think it still at 1.2 build not 1.3.

Edit: K here it is. It pve only, I can't be assed with pvp right now.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZccrrdoMutzZcM0M.2

Last edited: 12 Jul 2012
  6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

So...

Some say it was inevitable, but it seems like with announcements that Subscribers have finally dipped below 1m, SWTOR will be going Free-to-Play:

http://www.swtor.com/free

The "trial" is effectively expanded up to Level 50 and instead, limitations are put in place:

[​IMG]

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I'd seriously give a thought to F2P if GW2 wasn't on it's way out. I'm out there for the PvP and SWTORs combat system was not fluid enough to support it - that's not gonna change unforuntately.

Although there were positives to the questlines, I could get the same from any single-player nowadays so I don't think I can justify putting more time in to this than I have done.

8. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Made a tough call last week and decided to cancel sub, which runs through the end of August. I greatly enjoyed my time playing this game despite its many short-comings. There just isn't enough for me to do anymore with all gear maxed and pve content cleared (I'm not much of a pvp'er).

F2P will actually be nice for me because this way I can continue to raid once per week with the guildies, which is what kept me playing for so long in the first place.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

most people only played for the story in the first place so i dout it will make alot of dif to most people. Ill probably start completing the storys i have left to play

10. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

No Ops for F2P ;>

Maybe they'll make it a microtransaction though... so you can buy what you want access to (i.e. Unlimited Ops or FPs or PvP, similar to how the Character Perk system works.)

11. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Really? That's kinda lame......if they make it a microtransaction I'd be ok with that, so long as th price is reasonable.

12. Fizzban

What concerns me is all the riff raff that will now descend on tor. I've not had a single bad encounter with paying players on tor, but once anyone can play...

My guild (I found a new one) have already told us not to invite anyone who doesn't sub for that very reason. We don't want arseholes and trolls ect..

13. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I've found with F2P games there's less a$$holes. :)

Those people seem to think anything without a sub fee is worthless and dead. I stopped playing again for a month on SWTOR but may start again once the F2P options hits to play through all the stories and see what changes happen.

14. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I've found enough annoying people on TOR... mainly those who think that just because they've played enough/done the FP "over a hundred times" that they can't learn something new.

That and people not apologising for their mistakes when it causes a wipe.

But i don't think we'll be too strict with F2P members, it's easy to see who are douches and who aren't... besides aren't a few bit-tech'ers coming back for F2P... they can't be all that bad :p

15. Fizzban

Guess I've been lucky then. Had a CTD the other day during a heroic +4 and the team waited for me which was nice of them concidering it was a pug and most of the quest was done.

I know not all free players are arses, but I've encountered my fair share in the past.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

New World Event!

This one's on Nar Shadaa and takes you to the Capital Planet for a bit.

The rewards aren't really great, especially the weapons as they're only for Vanguards/Operatives/Snipers (Blaster Rifles and Snipers) but hopefully they're releasing some more later on.

They're "Bound to Legacy" meaning you can give them to alts.

17. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

Well, I have unsubbed. I was very much looking forward to this game for years prior to release as i loved the idea of a Star wars MMO but i have had enough of lying to myself.

The main issues as i see it is a conflict within the game itself giving a lack of re-playability. It was advertised as being story driven, which is true, and the stories are fun but the idea of playing through the same linear worlds over and over to level a toon made the stories less appealing. I got an operative, and a SW Jugg to 50 and some others to to 30 or so but i just could not bear doing the same quests again (never really got in to the rep side).

After that once you get to 50 the end game raids were a bit shallow, easily finished and left everyone looking exactly the same!! Add to this the fact that at 50 you basically do everything from the fleet made the game feel like Global Agenda; lets just sit around and wait for whatever it is we are waiting for to 'pop'.

I was hoping for more communication from the devs but that has been getting less and less frequent and this very badly thought out 'event' just seemed too ominous. I mean how can you add an event that requires you to play 'who can click the console first' with hundreds of other people?

Part of me is still hoping that things will get better so it remains on my HDD, having been transferred from my SSD, and i will definitely keep an eye on developments. However, having just started playing GW2 i see so many things that are missing from SWTOR. GW2 is already promising to be a much much deeper game....... a shame really.

To those that still play and enjoy

"May the force be with you".

18. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Currently levelling my 4th Char to 50... i agree with you on the "shared" quests, however if each class had individual quests then grouping up would be a game of "let's do my quest instead".

To combat the tedium of repeating quests i've maxed out the Exploration and Class Quest EXP Character Perks... i've only had to do Class and Planet Quests with a side of "normal" missions.

19. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Got my Sentinel to Level 50 two weeks ago... took me a week to do and she's now sat in full Augmented Rakata with the Infernal Title (NM EV) and an Aratech Fire (all SM Ops) :lol:

20. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Sentinels are getting some much needed buffs in the new patch!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2