1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows GTA 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by King Roo, 13 Sep 2012.

1. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

What do you want in GTA 5 that is in no other game also do you want more Online mode or more story

2. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Originality! :D But seeing as that's impossible, I would settle for more 'fun' type stuff like San Andreas, rather than the more real life focus of GTA4. In other words, I want a vertical take off jet, a jetpack, and preferably some fun and wacky weapons like shrink rays or persuadatron to make civilians fight for you or something. Basically, take the game back towards it's more fun roots rather than the boring modern style, obsessed with being a 'sandbox'.

The game is crying out for online modes. Usually it gets annoying when people try to make every game in to a multiplayer game, but the GTA games actually started as multiplayer games originally, back when they were 2d, and they were so much fun played with people over networks! Not being able to do that over the net without having to turn to mods or whatever, is a big shame.

hirezo likes this.
  3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I would like to see them expand the sandbox approach but have a proper co-op mode with drop-in/drop out. I hate being boxed in and forced down a path, but I love to experience this type of game with a friend.

Also, if I fail a mission, I do not want to drive 200 miles to get to the start point again - that was infuriating in GTAIV. I loved the gritty storyline of GTAIV though, so I would like to see this again. I hope they don't go the Saints Row direction and just make it totally silly.

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Sorry - I have no idea why this double-posted!

5. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

in san adreas, the maps were big and every nook and cranny was filled. (thats what she said) but i found gta iv very boring, and the car handling was woefull.
    for the next gta i want a crappy story (because gta iv was all story) but it needs endplay. they have done it before with gta 3 and san andreas, hell even the first 2 had a massive endplay.
    and not just cheats to get you there, little side quests and challenges.

6. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

IIRC, GTA:IV had that replay option where a message would popup on the phone once the mission had failed and it would put you back to the start...

That's a thought actually, mission checkpoints would be a good thing.

I'm going to disagree with you here. I found the handling on GTA:IV excellent, far superior to the likes of Saints Row (I still love Saints Row though).

One thing I really wish they don't bring back is the friends thing. Everytime I want to just cruise about listening to the radio or engaging the police in a massive bloodbath I put the phone in sleep mode to stop Roman ringing every five mins to go bowling :wallbash:

7. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Yeah in San Andreas I liked getting cool mansions and parking my jet on the helipad and a nice car in the garage :) I had some pretty great homes. And I could fly my harrier over to the hood where I started out life and land in the little cul de sac, then fly around blowing up cars with my missiles. I also loved driving all the way out to the country and then there was a really long coast road which you could cruise back along in a fast car. It was also fun doing the neighbourhood gang wars but with all the most powerful gear in the game.

None of that was possible in GTA4 and it just bored me because of it. In fact, GTA4 was a chore for me to complete, even though it did have a few good missions. But the DLC's were really good, especially the Ballad.

8. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Actually yeah, I had forgotten about that. The idea of it was great, but it was a pain. In real life I can turn my phone off!

9. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

The car handling in IV was awesome - spot on for an open world game - stick to that please RockStar!

Can't wait for 5 - the '3d' GTA series is perhaps my favorite range of games.

10. evti

evti What's a Dremel?

This pissed me off immensely. It actually caused me to give up near the beginning of the game, and I stopped playing. I don't know if I just suck, but I quitted.

I would love to see an online mode in GTA 5. Also a lot more social features, like sharing items and stuff with friends or something.

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I want an environment as compelling and atmospheric as Red Dead Redemption please. Get rid of the car bug where which car your driving in appears everywhere, better checkpoints and proper gun play. The shooting in GTA games has always been awful, RDR improved it a lot so I hope they can do the same in GTA 5.

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Not sure that the car bug is a bug - it will be done to reduce performance issues in that multiple different car models do not need to be loaded at the same time.

But, yes, if they can achieve the atmosphere of RDR then they will be onto a winner!

13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Everything that has been mentioned thus far in this thread are all good points (to varing degrees). However they are all issues I will accept with pleasure if they can fix one GLARING issue with the whole GTA series.

While you're playing a mission, the whole game has a seizure and either throws endless cops or endless <insert opposing faction> at you until you reach your end point. When you complete (or even quit half-way through) your mission, suddenly the entire world forgets who you are or what your doing.

?!?!1111 I Mean in other "sandbox" games, there is a sense that your sandbox has evolved, changed even. Except for the whole areas that you unlock as you progress through the game, there is absolutly nothing different from the start of the game to the end of the game. I want to feel like my character has actually done something. That there are consequences to actions, both as part of the missions as well as outside them.

All I'm saying really is if I blow a petrol tanker with a rocket launcher, cops are not going to feak out, chase me for all of 3 blocks, then go "meh - where dounut shop?"

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Wait until the game is ready before launching it. I never bothered trying GTA IV again as at launch is was just so broken on so many ways...

san andreas was great, so more of that!

15. suragh

suragh Derp

I am looking forward to cycling off a mountain with a parachute on my back again!

16. maple

maple Minimodder

I am looking forward too a new city too roam around in, though I do want too see the graphics on pc especailly once the graphics mods are available

17. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Ive liked all gta games, but what i really want and probarly most people here want too is, a decent pc port. Gtaiv was probarly the worst if not one of the worst ports ive played.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

18. albert099

albert099 What's a Dremel?

I hope my laptop can run this game >.<

19. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer What's a Dremel?

I would like a more detailed world, hopefully a little bigger with some more variety. I also want to have more fun, the problem with GTAIV, both on the xbox and the PC is that it simply wasn't as fun as flying jets etc back in San Andreas or exploring in GTA3 and Vice City. I guess the main things I would like are:

-Bigger, more detailed world
    -Bigger variety of vehicles
    -Better multiplayer features (Item Trading, Co Op story, Custom Game Modes etc)
    -Better character animation, I hate the animation of the characters, especially on the xbox, they just feel so slow and awkward.
    -Better Combat. The combat in GTAIV sucked outright.
    -Better graphics. After a while I got bored of the graphics of GTAIV, I hope they improve the graphics to a much higher level than we are expecting so that in 2-3 years the graphics are still top quality.
    -Removing Annoying bugs.
    -Checkpoints in missions.
    -Being able to purchase houses of our choice as well as potentially being able to upgrade them etc which gives bonuses in some way (Perhaps story related where you have a higher chance of encouraging a potential client to buy diamonds or something because you have a massive mansion rather than a tiny little shed)
    -Perhaps some form of backstory connection where if you owned GTAIV you can link it and certain story elements will appear in GTA5, nothing major, just references etc.
    -Get rid of those damn awful calls from friends, that got seriously annoying.
    -Multiple Storylines perhaps?
    -Even more fun bugs such as the swing glitch :)

20. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I want it to pick winning lottery numbers for me. :rock: