1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dragon Age III confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 18 Sep 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

Excellent! If they can marry the best of DAO and DA2, they'll be on to an absolute weiner.

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I hope they bring back the ability to kit out your party and choose their armour and weapons etc.

Taking that away in DA2 made it much less of a game in my opinion.

4. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

It was just the armour you couldn't change, weapons were perfectly interchangeable (although Bianca may have ben tied to Varric, IIRC). I didn't think it was too bad, and I liked the characters having a more consistent look (which made sense with Aveline keeping her guard armour on, and in DAO, I kept Morrigan in her side-boobalicious togs. I'm not sure how that makes it less of a game, but each to their own. Hopefully, DA3 wil be enough for both of us.

5. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

It was less of a game for me. Because i was no longer fully in charge of my crew and more importantly as a knock on..... It reduced the tactical element of fighting in certain ways depending on how i had kitted them out.

6. themassau

themassau What's a Dremel?

i hope they make more differnt levels again. DAO was good evry level felt and was different and you had multiple cities. da2 was better in skills etc but was really bad in level design you had like 3 or4 template levels and they just opened other doors or made the exit the entrance etc. the story was still good but the levels were disappointing. so lets hope they fixed that.

7. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

Oh, you guys NEED to see the PAX stuff, where they talked a lot about party customization. It's up on Gamespot in two parts, if you're interested, and WELL worth the time to watch.

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

9. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

DA2 was one of the most obnoxiously crap games I've ever played. Such a massive %^£! YOU to former bioware fans, but then, Bioware is no more, so it's to be expected. Highly suspicious of the third one unless it's a total return back to Origins' direction.

10. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

Dragon Age 1: Pretty Solid. Fun to play, reasonable varied environments, good story. Only criticism is that some of the individual sections seemed a bit too long - I didn't do more than one full playthrough, which is unusual for me.

Dragon Age 2: Bleh. Lazy lazy lazy lazy lazy. Can you say "constant cheesy pop ups of enemies and re-use of environments to a ridiculous degree". Bad.

11. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

We'll see if they learned anything from reception of DA2 and ME3. I can't see myself pre-ordering this one, going to wait for fanbase reviews.

12. Siskods9

Siskods9 What's a Dremel?

Absolutely!

I loved DAO and hated DA2.
    I also loved ME2 and was really let down by what they did with ME3.

C'mon Bioware get it right! :wallbash:

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I enjoyed both the first and the second so really looking forward to this :)

14. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Where as I enjoyed the original and #2, it becomes entirely apparent just how boxed in you are in Dragon Age 2 after playing Witcher 2 directly after. Hope they give you a much better variety of areas and don't let the Xbox 360s limited capacity kill it again.

Tags: Add Tags