1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress The Theory of Everything. Dec. 21st. End of the world? Have some final pics. :-)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 29 Oct 2011.

1. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

ah

2. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Lovely nuts (?)

3. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Love it!... You can always count on Angel for very original themes with fine details....

worth repeating his pics again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Dare I say nice atomic nuts :), or maybe I should say screws lol.

5. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thanks for helping to clear that up! :thumb:

Such a big part of the mod... And you didn't notice... tsk tsk tsk.. :LOL:

Heh... :thumb:

Thanks Bill! Means a lot to me! :)

Screw it, they're nuts! :lol:

6. Phyonics

Phyonics What's a Dremel?

Fantastic work Angel. Really love the GPU and the atomic nuts :)

7. SpringHalo

SpringHalo What's a Dremel?

I was referred to you from a user on overclock.net with pictures of this build, and I just had to come and see. Little did I know it would lead to a few hours of reading your four build log threads post by post. I must say I'm extremely impressed at your skill and creativity. I'm currently working on my own custom watercooling loop including milled waterblocks and a custom reservoir. I would be extremely grateful if you would take a look at the thread and offer a few suggestions.

On a side note, what is the model of pump that you used in your carPC build? You mentioned that it was $20 if I recall correctly, and I'm looking for a cheap pump that could possibly be modified for greater performance for my build.

I apologize if this is against the rules of thread posting; I couldn't figure out how to PM.

Regards, Spring

8. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

How can one not love atomic nuts? :lol:

Thanks a lot man! Means the world to me that you guys like my work! :)

Hi Spring. First up, I'm in awe that you spent that amount of time looking at my work! :)
    Second... Those $20 pumps are not worth more than $20. They are ok for what they are, but if you are looking for at pump for a "real" build, forget it. :) I have one in the CarPC, and 1 in the Wii. They will give you flow, but nothing I would ever recommend unless you are just looking for a bit of water running easy through a loop. :)

I'll take a look at your thread over there, but please be aware that I do all these builds for myself. I'm not an all-knowing oracle when it comes to making waterblocks. I have a pretty decent idea of what's good and bad, but I'm not working towards a goal of finding the solution to beat all the pro's out there who sell water blocks. :) I design my blocks for me. I do some flowtests on them and decided in my head wether they will work or not. :)
    /Angel

9. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Dude, this thing looks amazing. I haven't had much time to read others' logs like I used to, but needed to give props where it's due. Amazing job, Angel. :clap:

How could anyone give less than 5 stars?! Where have all these new folks come from, lol? Most likely basing the rating on personal taste which is a no-no; certainly not rating based on quality of work, which again, would be 5 stars.

So it gets.....5 stars. :D

Kick-ass, Angel OD! And I love atomic nuts, even when they don't last for very long. ;)

10. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Awesome :jawdrop:

11. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I guess some people wouldn't recognize talent if it hit them in the head! :lol:

Joke aside, I'm really really happy with the build so far! I still have some ends to clear up, but all in all it's close to done! :)

Thanks a lot man! :) Don't worry, as long as you keep building your amazing mods, I'm fine with you only checking in once in a while! :thumb:

Thanks man! :)

12. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Finally! It's time for a small update! :)

It's been a while since my last real update, but I've been burried in... Nah... No need to lie, I've just been lazy! :lol:

I got started on the SSD case. I pulled the thing apart as soon as I had made sure it worked. Not sure about RMA on an open SSD... :lol:

So... On with the show!

The new SSD housing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then onto the lexan part. I never did any 3D milling, and decided to give it a go. If it sucked, I'd just make a flat top on it. :)

Rough Mill:

[​IMG]

Finish Mill. Since I knew I'd have to polish it with some 1200 grit paper, I didn't fell like letting the machine go on forever, so I made it with a distance of 0,004 inches between the mill lanes:

[​IMG]

Finish Mill vs. 1200 grit wetsand:

[​IMG]

30 minutes later:

[​IMG]

Not completely done, but I'm happy with the result so far! :)

This is where I SHOULD have had a picture of the 2 parts put together... But someone forgot to take the radius of the elipses into consideration when milling the aluminum part. I'll go to the workshop tomorrow and finish it up with a 3mm mill.

C ya then! :)

13. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Cool idea,can't wait to see it finished.

14. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

You and me both Pranja. :)

Not really sure how it's gonna end up looking at the chips on the SSD through those wannabee lenses. :)
    I'm gonna put in a couple of red LED's and attach them to the hdd light on the mobo. I'm really looking forward to see how it ends up! :)

15. Attila

Attila still thinking....

I thought you were going to say '*****'. :lol::hehe: To which we can all smile appreciatively and jealously. :hehe:

But another piece of fine milling there. :thumb:

16. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

How I wish it was so! I wouldn't mind trading a couple of days of modding for a little for that! :lol:

Thanks a lot man! :)

17. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Rofl.... could try multi tasking.. but then I doubt "fancy polishing some acrylic baby?" gets many woman :duh:

Loving the SSD "holder" so far should be a great effect with the plexi on top!

18. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I agree! The amount of groupies in the modding game is greatly overrated! :lol:

I sure hope you are right. I like the idea of it breaking the light/look of the PCB inside the case. But as far as how it will look... I'm hoping for the best! :)

19. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Sadly were in the wrong part of the world for groupies lol :rock:

20. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Lol, awesome convo going on here :)

Back on topic of this build what polish did you use?