1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Triple Dell U2713HM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 25 Sep 2012.

1. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Hello guys thinking of going 2560 by 1440 and triple monitor at the same time, these monitors are mainly for my design work, although I do game alot in the evenings. Will my 2x Gtx 580's be able to max most games on a single monitor? Also whats the situation on input lag? I like fps games such as tribes and bf3 but i aint no proffessional or anything? Thanks for the help guys, Luke.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

600 series is better for multi monitor set ups Doesn't have the 100% load issue. Though that was supposed to be fixed in a patch.

3. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

they would come in a later update around Christmas time :)
    also having a look at these Korean monitors they look like they could do the job just as well.

4. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

they have no OSD, no preloaded Adobe RGB, no warranty, no pixel guaranty, bad light spread and are under a £100 less. Not really a good deal in my books. the new U2713 is much less expensive from dell small business last time I checked then any where ells and you can buy extended panel warranty.

Korean ISP is like using a stock cooler on your CPU.

Goodbyte's we need back up here ;P

5. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Whats Dell small business? And I was waiting on Goodbytes, thought he'd show up soon :p

Off topic I notice you are from Belfast :D:thumb:

6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Dell Small B. U7213mh

just say ur a lone trader if they even ask. dont forget that VAT is not included in B2B listed prices but is added at the end if you do not input a VAT number.

7. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Its actually cheaper to get it on amazon mate :D

8. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Bump....

also is the older u2711 better? been reading that it has a better response time and better colours? Thank'sm, Luke.

9. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

true, BTW the cheaper seller is not amazon :D
    U2711 has better back light but uses a lot more power.
    us thread search and find a explanation from goodbyte search U2711 should do the trick.

10. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

haha, Im waiting for Goodbytes opinion before I order really, as far as I know the u2711 or u2713hm are the best 27" monitors in that price range?

11. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

bump :/

12. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

Have you had a look at This?

As regards buying direct from Dell Business, should be no problem whatsoever...even if the person buying is buying only for Home use...

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

From a U2711 owner here, unless you need the wider gamut of the 2711, for photo editing etc, I'd say go for the 2713. The 2711 generates a fair bit of hear imo. If the 2713 is better in that respect I'd go for that if I were you, and just wanted something that was good quality for gaming.

14. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

thank you for that link, I think that makes me want to go for the newer model.

I am a graphic/web designer - but I do game quite alot and the response time on the newer model is alot less... Also what do you mean it generates a fair bit of hear?

15. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I'm going to go for "hear" meaning heat. So a triple U2711 setup could be a real room heater if you're on it all day. IIRC, it's because the 2711 is a CFL backlit and the new 2713hm is LED backlit.

16. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

exactly :D

17. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=225-3894

I'd say hold out for a bit- new Dell IPS monitors just came out with the 27" coming in at only $400 (~250 GBP).

18. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

I can't say that I notice that with my own...

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Flaw with those is that they're 27" 1080p panels, not 1440p panels. It's a hell of a difference, and a bit of a loss when it comes down to sheer pixel desnsity.

The Korean screens, at £200 a pop if you look carefully enough, are certainly the cheapest option, but you may have to wind up buying Four if one is dead on arrival. (Since to honour the warrenty; you'd have to get it shipped back to Korea, no? )

Whereas things like the 2711 and 2713 are bloody expensive, to put it lightly. Although, on the flipside; you've got a warrenty, far more connectivity, and a big brand-name behind the panels so you know they ought to at least survive for a good long while.

The choice is up to you. Because i'm a dirty cheapskate; i'd advise the Korean Panels, but you'd really have to think about the chances of getting a dead panel (So far as I can tell, it's about 1/100 that are DOA, not great odds.)

Edit; For further reference; Ebay's advised "SquareTrade" Warrenty will not cover "Goods not intended for market in the country where purchased." - Such as Korean IPS Panels. Many a person has been bitten by SquareTrade taking their money, letting it sit in an account for six months, then going "Ooops! It broke? We can't cover you for that! Have your money back! We'll keep the interest on it, though!" and then refusing to do anything more.

20. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

I've definitely decided to go for a dell, Im just unsure on what model to go for. The U2711 or the U2713hm :/