1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [PCCool Modding Team]Infernum Portae - 03.MotM nominee

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ziza, 15 Sep 2012.

1. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Introduction

Per me si va nella città dolente,
    Per me si va nell'eterno dolore,
    Per me si va tra la perduta gente.

The inspiration for this project comes from the Dante’s book “Divine Comedy”. Devine Comedy describes hell in such magnificence, which leads to the question: why not? ;)

As you can notice the project does not have the name of Dante’s Book, instead it has the name that opens the journey through the hell’s rings, “Infernum Portae”, also known as the hell doors.
    My objective is exactly the same, open you the doors for this modding project, and with you and PCCool Modding team show that this project can be a hell of a journey ;)

TJ07 will go to Infernum and will never come back…Yes the objective is to put the case on fire…

[​IMG]

1. Hardware and watercooling system

The hardware that will turn this project into live is modest, but I will also have to spare for the beer ;)
    To avoid burning the hardware a watercooling is also on the way.

[​IMG]

2. Design concepts

The objective is to keep the main TJ07 structure, but also ensure the hardware is separated from software, and at the same time hide the parts that are not interesting to show.

[​IMG]

Drawings explanation:
    1. This shows the main idea, the watercooling is mainly on the bottom of the case, the HDD bay will be hidden and only the RES and the required watercooling tubes are visible.
    2. This shows the back of the case, it is important to notice the CPU and RES tubes are hidden on the back of the case and they only appear at the CPU and RES level.
    3. This is the main watercooling system.
    4. This is a Z aluminum part instead of the traditional L or U used to hide the drive bays. The idea is to have a single part to hide the cables, the watercooling tubes, support the RES, and have the cable management in the aluminum part instead in the motherboard tray. This is a major challenge, since me and PCCool team want this part placed as close as possible from the motherboard and also supports the watercooling and cable management systems.
    5. The faceplate for the case.
    6. The final scheme for the custom parts developed for the case. The midplate and the Z part with flames. As I said we are putting the case on fire ;)

3. Initial painting and final color design

Initially the case was designed to keep its initial color, the black aluminum which gained life with the red intended to represent the blood in hell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However the objective is to create something new for a case that has many great projects. Hence, we made some designs and we shift from the black to wine color (yes I love good wine, why not a case with such beautiful color ;) )

Which color do you prefer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TJ07 custom parts design

One of the core challenges was how to create powerful flames. Additionally, since I am a woman find flames that have a special style is not easy. Thus, some moths had paced until I find the perfect flames. I send them to PCCool Modding team and the result is this:

The midplate, which will have the flames illuminated:

[​IMG]

As you can see this midplate has 3 layers, a black aluminum layer that is perforated to allow the passage of the LED that will illuminate the acrylic.

The second challenge was to illuminate the case, and create the flames effect (a mixture of red and orange)? The PCCool’s team solution is to have a 6mm orange layer, which will be also perforated and illuminated with the LEDs that pass the in aluminum layer. Moreover, create the red parts of the flames in 3mm red acrylic embedded in 3mm opaque black acrylic.

Thus, there is an orange acrylic base that emits orange light, a black opaque acrylic, and a red acrylic, which fits in black acrylic and emits the red light for the flames.

The backplate will be illuminated only in red, and theTJ07 bays will be replaced by a backplate with flames equal to the midplate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The design for the Z part still requires some additional work this inscription Infernum does not fit the project’s design.

5. Modding Time :dremel:

So you are tired of design and CAD work, what about some action?
    My question: where this aluminum part comes from? ;)

[​IMG]

If your answer was backplate you are correct.

[​IMG]

Next episodes

I and PCCool’s Modding team are discussing the watercooling loop, since we want to respect the case’s design.

I will place some scheme to get your opinion and wisdom on that ;)

Additionally, next week I will post more news regards the Z part and the initial hardware organization. Any additional photos feel free to ask.

Thank you for your patience; regards,
    ziza & PCCool Modding team

Last edited: 25 Apr 2013
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Delicious cutouts.:D Is that wire EDM?

3. dietje1908

dietje1908 What's a Dremel?

gonna follow this , always love a good tj07 mod

4. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Thank you for following the project I hope that you enjoy the mods.

Those cutouts were made by laser, and they end up as we exactly expected.
    What wires do you refer?

cumps,
    ziza

5. AciD_RaiN

AciD_RaiN What's a Dremel?

Holy mother of god... How can you be so talented... I'm just jealous :D

6. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Tanks for your comment.

regards,
    Ziza

7. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

1. Introduction

Although the system will have water cooling in the CPU and GPUs there are still the HDD and SSD and RAM that need some cooling.
    Due to this fact the air flow in the back was designed to allow the air flow and at the same time support the design and the theme of the case.

[​IMG]

After showing a small trailer of the backplate, it is important to see how it fits in the TJ07.

2. TJ07 infernum backplate

Although it gave some work to design and cut, the laser cuts end up perfect. We were not sure if the initial design would correspond to the reality, but it end up perfectly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Interior perspective

The Asus Rampage fits perfectly in the backplate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea is to have the rear fans providing red light to create the effect of red flames coming from the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately we made fan holes for 92mm fans, but there aren’t many interesting and powerful 92mm fans. Additionally I have a passion for Enermax fans. So we decided to make small aluminum triangular adapters. Those will be hidden by the fan and will not be visible from the outside.

[​IMG]

And the rear fans will be:

[​IMG]

4. Final notes

I always had a passion for Nand Tower project by Phinix, for me it has the perfect merge between acrylic, aluminum and light.
    Based on the concept applied to Nand Tower project, I and PCCool’s Modding are using a similar approach to give life to flames ;)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your patience, regards,
    ziza & PCCool Modding team

Scirocco likes this.
  8. dietje1908

dietje1908 What's a Dremel?

sweet update , looking forward to more

9. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your comment, I hope the flames for the midplate and the faceplate end up as we expect. ;)

cumps,
    ziza

10. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Looks good so far keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

11. jay2

jay2 Indonesian Modder

blooooody fire...
    Appolish Vegas is great, but a full red rad would be awesome..

12. dreps

dreps Minimodder

this is looking great so far! good luck dude!

13. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Thank you for the suggestion, however the 2 rads will be in the bottom of the case, so they will not be visible.

In addition, I saw some really nice reviews of the SilverStone Air Penetrator fans, so I decided to add them in the project.

Given the fact that the bottom of the case will not be visible, and for the rads I prefer performance rather that design so I add 2 black rads.

Again thanks for the suggestion :thumb:

Thank you for your comments I hope the flames end up as we expect.

The objective is to create powerful flames with both red and orange colors, but since it is something new it is hard to say how it will end up.

regards,
    ziza

14. jay2

jay2 Indonesian Modder

Silverstone AP181, 121? good fans indeed..
    Nice set up, looking forward your final result :thumb:

15. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

The fans are SilverStone AP 121. I saw some nice setups and they demonstrated a good performance in WC systems.

Thanks you for your comment I hope it does not disappoint you.

16. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

Excellent 3D designs. Even better real world work. The cutout looks amazing. Keep it up.

17. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your comment.

During this week some new regarding the PSU sleeve :D

18. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome and I really like the topic :)
    Great job mate !

Lights inside the case will be only from the fans or there will be additional led strips ?

19. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Thank you I am really glad that you like it ;)

The case illumination will come basically from 3 sources:

1. The Enermax fans in the top and in the bottom
    2. Some LEDs inside the drive bay
    3. These flames :

[​IMG]

The idea is to enhance the effect of the acrylic flames. Probably only when the custom parts are done we will have some images from the effect that we want to create with the LEDS and flames.

regards,
    ziza

20. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Just when you think no-one can squeeze anymore life from a '07...

Nice cut work,will drop in regularly.