1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Post your aquarium

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 24 Feb 2010.

1. Phillthy

Phillthy What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 22 Apr 2012
  2. Matticus

Matticus ...

I have my stand issue sorted, I hope it is solid enough. It could take me standing on it on tip toes without a sign of movement or bowing, I even bounced about a bit for good measure. I am getting on for 95kg so I think less than 60kg should be ok on it.

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Nice marimo.

I finally have two tanks back up, a 10gal iwagumi that's currently growing a moss carpet, with a pair of North Alabama crayfish (no ID yet, wild caught) and a 1gal nano with LED lighting and a hair algae carpet spreading. Both are stocked with exclusively local creatures, as I'm now able to collect for conservation purposes. When sediments die down, I'll get pics.

Anyone else gonna try to get into iwagumi?

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Always loved the art style, but it's impossible with large fish.

6. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

DIY inline heater
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally no more under water suction cups :rock:.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2015
  7. Cheapskate

I thought brass and copper were poisonous to fish?:worried:

8. KayinBlack

Invertebrates. Methylene blue (used for ich) is copper-based, but it kills all inverts.

9. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Brass bits are coated with epoxy, although plastic/nylon bits would be the best choice, but I can't find them anywhere locally.

10. KayinBlack

Good plan then.

I wish peeps were closer, I've got almost every type of common aquatic moss sold in my gigantic 5 acre backyard, either in the lake or in the blackwater creek that runs all through my woods. I'm growing samples in my nano, but I've got huge amounts of everything, just trialling which ones grow best under my lights.

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I think I left my filter cleaning a bit too long.

Decided to clean the strainer, as I'm going away for a week and didn't want the motor to burn out as the strainer was getting clogged with algae.
    So cleaned it up, plugged everything back in, and the water coming out was quite murky, so thought I might as well clean the whole thing.

Found out that my carbon bags had disintegrated, all that was left was the seams of the bags in a tray full of carbon.

Tried some anti-algae treatment the other week, as recommended by maidenhead chap, didn't seem to do anything, and the algae then went berserk, :D.
    So might have a big cleanup of the tank soon, moving as much water as possible into a smaller tank in the loft, move the fish over, and then give the tank a good clean, take out all the base (gravel with sand on top). Get some new fine'ish gravel, and basically start again, but with as much matured water as possible.

12. GravitySmacked

Here's my latest tank, 4 months in:

[​IMG]

Full size

Scirocco likes this.
  13. Cheapskate

@Cerberus - I suffering from a pretty bad algae bloom too. Methylene blue is about the only thing that works on it, and I can't get any locally. I think I'll raid the ditch for some pond snails instead.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Will the pond snails clear it up then?

I've got one plec in the tank, but it doesn't seem to eat much algae, it just seems to crap 10x its body weight every hour, :D.

I've taken out one piece of wood which has heavily coated in algae, and tried to remove as much as I could from one of the other pieces, but it just keeps growing and growing.

Bloody difficult balancing act. Put plants in, they go berserk, couple of weeks I'll have a tank full of nice plants, then they start dying off, algae starts coming back, soon, all plants dead and algae has taken over. I must have some really good nutrient rich water or something, :D

15. KayinBlack

Once a pleco gets out of the juvenile stage, they'll really not eat much algae. They will oftentimes eat wood, though.

If methylene blue kills it, it sounds like it's more like a lighting issue.

16. bluehouse

bluehouse What's a Dremel?

Wow!!!!
    All aquarium are so beautiful. Recently first time I have purchased a aquarium from shop and I don't have any knowledge about to care of fish. Please suggest me some tips to care my fish and aquarium.

17. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

My fish have been having sex... Just had to strip down and move my tank, 50 gallon job..
    Now I know for a fact that 5 Cory cats went in and 7 came out .....lol

Looks like some ones been making whoopy

Edit: The neons have gone to war on each other, the RTBS is even more cranky than normal and Fred the big old Plec is looking seriously P*ssed off.. Mind you I would be if some one grabbed me by my arse and dragged me out of my house backwards:D

18. GravitySmacked

Bonus! Love Corys, I have a small shoal of Panda Corydoras and they're fantastic little fish, bags of personality.

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I want me some Cory's again, Highly amusing little fish.

Sam

20. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I might have some more the way things are looking. A big water change has got them all off the floor and looking quite frisky