1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jamsand, 21 Sep 2012.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You were fighting it wrong then. You have to shoot the red dot in the front of the W4RD3N, ideally from far away with a sniper weapon. It goes down in about 40-50 seconds. Then clear the rest.

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Yeah I know - I did that but the overwhelming amount of mobs managed to kill me before I got it down :-/

3. faugusztin

Throw few grenades to stop the initial defender wave, stand behind the bus, snipe. If you hit the red dot in correct time - durring the "build" of a new unit, then AFAIK it completely destroys the current construction of the unit W4RD3N is creating at that moment.

In worst case scenario, if you can't destroy it in few minutes, then nothing is lost, only Roland will be taken to Friendship Gulag, where you will fight W4RD3N again. A small detour, which changes nothing in the story.

4. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I hit 24 today and I only just got around to doing Wildlife Preservation. Think I'm a few levels ahead of the curve tbh but enjoying all the side quests enough to not be bothered. Bunker next afaik, should be fun.

@Picarro - My Zero is all snipe tree, down the left hand side then into bore and now the one after that.. Glorious death with a sniper.. :)

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

My Zero is gone straight down the Bloodshed tree, with a class mod that buffs up Melee damage. Grabbing Many Must Fall also makes the Decepti0n ability really useful. Since you can knife your way through an entire army if they're close enough together, Just mix in a weapon that gives you + melee damage and just about any other buff to Melee that you can get and you can knife your way through absolutely everything.

That said; Enemies your level or higher won't fall for that kind of damage, but anything lower, or already weakened, is just easy prey.

It should be noted that it's basically impossible to remain in Decepti0n forever, however. Many Must Fall has diminishing returns as you knife your way through people, so you never go much over 6 seconds duration, you can extend it well beyond that, but you never get the timer up above that. That and the time it takes to get to people eventually becomes longer than the amount given by Many Must Fall, even with a 3M lunge to work with, so you will drop out eventually.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2012
  6. Digi

Must try this!!

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Gunzerker. So squishy yet oh so fun. That DPS. Plus he possibly has the greatest quotes (especially his ECHO: "Um..it was fun?") in the game next to maybe Claptrap, Tina and Jack.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Apart from the shift code I acquired when registering my account I have yet to get another code to work. I am hoping that it is because I am too late and they have expired but I have read of people having masses of keys registered and wonder if perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I tried the two keys posted a page back but unfortunately they had expired.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

@ KRONOS, the keys are only active for 3 hours from when they are posted so you have to be real quick to redeem them. Furthermore, some of the keys have been limited to 1,000 users so you just have to keep your eyes peeled.

You want to keep an eye on Randy Pitchford's Twitter :thumb:

10. faugusztin

Actually, now it is Geatbox twitter now :
    https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware

Next batch probably next weekend.

11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

The thing with BL2 (and BL) is that tactics by themselves simply aren't enough... you need to have good guns that deal good damage or you simply won't progress. I had a hell of a time killing that Constructor because my arsenal simply wasn't appropriate for the job, however my mate (also doing SP) killed it really quickly because he had a very powerful corrosive sniper and was able to take it out in a matter of seconds. We were both at lvl 16.

I did Wildlife Preservation at lvl 19 and died sooooo many times, but I got crazy loot from Pimon and Tumbaa (Pimon dropped a marvellous lvl 20 orange Absorb Shield with 1200 capacity which I am still using, 3 levels later). I now have much better weapons but still find the WP a horrendously unforgiving environment.

12. Digi

I one shotted practically everything with my orange shotty which I got from the Slappy quest mob. It's basically a sniper rifle with shotgun power and is dead accurate and dead steady. Using some 1200 nades that pull mobs in helps as well.

If you did it at 19 then I've clearly got to hit a few story quests in a row to get up to par...

LennyRhys likes this.
  13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

At the moment; I'm enjoying a ridiculously powerful Sniper Rifle. (Level 30, 1.7K damage, 145% extra Crit Damage.) and i've managed to get my hands on a Vladof Infinity. Unlimited Pistol Ammo, anyone?

Plus the Infinity has a blade on it, so i've got +50% melee there. Combined with everything else; I've got a huge buff to melee damage. I need to get myself a Melee Relic, though. Anyone happen to have one at around level 25-33 ish? Biggest boost possible.

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Finished normal runthrough with my Commando. Now started "True Vault Hunter Mode". Wow, even just the normal mobs are a serious change in tactics!

15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Just fought the Bunker last night, epic moments gunzerking through all the defenses then a showdown against the Bunker itself :)

enjoying playing SP first time round as the scripting and nooks and crannies are far too enjoyable to be spoiled by a bum rush multiplayer session :)

16. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Used this strategy with my Zer0 all the way to PT2 level 40-ish. Great fun and very effective. Killing Blow make the game almost play like Halo. Weaken them with your guns on the run up, then bash them for the kill (and a shield/health regen bonus if you took those skills).

Found a class mod that gives me +30% damage with snipers and +30% critical damage. It also gives me +4 to the "0ne sh0t, 0ne kill" and +3 or 4 to Precisi0n. Respec'd into that build Have insane accuracy and crit damage.

The first shot from my 4700 damage Jakobs Sniper rifle is doing 145,000 damage crits against even levels :eeek:

17. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

you should see what my 17k damage one does :hip:

18. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Have you tried with with shotguns? I've been playing with a 1400x11 triple barrel bandit shotgun. Decepti0n, get close, wait for the last split-second, BLAST EM! :rock:

19. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

indeed I have a 3800 x 16 explosive damage shotgun I whip out when i'm going up close and personal. I usually use my 30k damage singularity slag grenade first, hop into deception, melee them with all must fall skill then whale on them with the shotty.

20. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

As if I needed a reason to do another playthrough!

Still Gaige & Deathtrap look extremely cool so I will start again at the weekend.