1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Game agency?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pyro1son, 20 Jan 2012.

1. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

Does any body know if there a legit reseller or has anybody had any experience with them?

http://gameagency.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=119

2. suragh

suragh Derp

3. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

Thats what i was thinking!

4. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Whois Lookup:

5. suragh

suragh Derp

I went on the contact page and one of the fields says "Sales n Billing" lol - unprofessional much?

6. merlin6r

merlin6r What's a Dremel?

Just bought from this place yesterday. Worked fine.

My mate bought an MW3 key last week for £12 and activated it on steam, he's had no problems. He had to follow some instructions on activating it using a proxy, but he said it was very simple. I didn't ask if it was in Russian but I'm sure he would have mentioned it by now.

So I ordered a Fifa 12 key to activate on Origin, yesterday morning at 10am.
    By 4pm I still hadnt received it, was gettng a bit nervous so I emailed asking if my order had been received. Within 30 mins I got a reply saying he was then processing orders. Within an hour I received my serial key.
    I simply entered it into Origin and downloaded the game.
    It didn't require any special instructions, the game is in English and it all works exactly like you would expect, including online play.
    Fifa12 for £7 !

TBH I had seen the game on offer from a retail site for about £10 but I really wanted to give this place a try with something cheap first.

I will definitely be trying it again.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Almost as unprofessional as companys calling Paypal..Poopal. But they do.

Incidentally you can pay by Paypal and credit card so I doubt there is little to worry about. There is decent enough financial protection there I think.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Unfortunately we as members of this community won't trust the words from a new user who's first post is regards what might be a dodgy video game etailer.

Having looked at the site and googled I have found very little evidence to support the site being any good at all.

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I'd not trust it. The domain is registered address is actually Tower Block... no real telephone number, just mobile number that says "Telephone (Text Only)" next to. Also the address on the contact us page doesn't match the WHOIS.

Our mystery poster merlin6r has posted exactly the same thing about the site on two different forums.

Warning Bells are ringing.

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

That changes my opinion considerably. Yikes! Google be thy friend.. clearly.

11. merlin6r

Well actually I posted this on 3 different forums, this one, Overclockers.co.uk and Aria, but as you clearly spotted I wasnt a member of this one and therefore have only just signed up.

The reason for that is these are the 3 forums I found on google when I tried to find out if this company was worth trying.

Since I have now tried said company and had a good experience I thought I would share it with you people that were asking about it in the first place. That is the point of a forum and a community isnt it ? I thought I was merely providing an answer to someone's question.

I appreciate your scepticism as I read all the reviews with a pinch of salt, but as I said I thought I would just share with you all the fact that I managed to purchase a £7 game without any problems.

If you look for merlin6r on Origin you will find me, with said copy of Fifa12 and a copy of BF3 in my library.

Hope this helps someone out there, and if you still don't wanna buy from this company I'm sure I'll live with it, sorry for wasting your time.

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Merlin has posted this to Aria... pretty much Copy+Pasta of his posts.

He did sign up there in Jan, but has never posted anything till now in the threadidentical to this.

13. merlin6r

Yeah thats right, there's also a thread there asking for any experience with gameagency.

Can you believe it!?!?!?!?!
    What are the chances!!!

Oh yeah you also posted this about me over there:

Don't give up your day job Miss Marple

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Chill out, everybody. You asked for opinions, you got them. Now take or leave them as you see fit.

15. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

Unprofessional but legit(ish)

Hi,
    Sory to bump a really old thread but this is one of the only mentions of this company I found and I wasn't sure about them either. I've just made two purchases from gameagency.co.uk and they produced the goods;

• Borderlands 2 for £15 - Steam activation key, received in minutes and works fine
    • Guild Wars 2 for £31 - They funked up and sent me the wrong key, their communications aren't amazing but they sent me a new key in about 48 hours after raising the issue with them

It looks like they are parallel trading from russia, buying the games there and scanning the keys as what you get is a photo of the key in the game case. Probably a bit dodgy but there you go.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2012
  16. Valor958

Valor958 What's a Dremel?

It's risky for sure... especially if you have a language barrier to consider. I'm not multi-lingual so I could only do English-only... plus I'm in the US, so I'm not 100% on how different region codes would work. I'll pass simply for those concerns, and having plenty of alternatives. Waiting for a Steam sale has worked fine for me so far... I've got enough games to last me until next years Steam Sale :D

17. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Personally I wouldn't want to jeopardize my entire Steam library for the sake of saving a couple of quid if Valve ever gets their knickers in a twist over these foreign codes

18. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Judging by their address it's all a bit fishy.

19. merlin6r

Recently bought Black Ops 2, they're not all foreign codes, they're now selling different regions on some games. When entering this code it came up as European.

Tags: