1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware CM Storm Scout 2 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 17 Oct 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I have the original Scout, housing the kids' PC upstairs - it's a very capable case - plus, it came with three fans at launch, but cost £20 more.

You think they should have pitched it higher and included a couple more fans?

3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

OK, so I know that your policy is to test cases with the fans as they are supplied, but now you've done that please could we get a supplement showing how this case performs with a sensible number of fans?

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Yeah, I'd be particularly interested with this case.

You could do an article and do a comparison of a few cases that you feel should come with more fans. I'd like that...

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I know it's a subjective thing, but CM really needs to get some new case designers in for their higher priced examples, some of their low cost cases are quite nice and sleek, but the more expensive they get, the uglier they become.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

a lot of cheaper cases come with more fans. i think £87 for this case is a reasonable price for it with 3 fans. 1 is just a piss take, especially considering "the Scout 2 is marketed under the CM Storm brand, which specifically targets gamers."

I'm with you on this one. I'm not a fan of any of their cases bar the 690II which is acceptable in it's plain-ness, i don't even like the cosmos which most people seem to mess their pants over.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2012
  7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm a big fan of CM cases and agree that they should have provided at least 2 fans (intake and exhaust) and I too am a little fed up with cases only being tested with whatever fans are provided.

When I bought my 690II I bought some cheap (but very quiet and effective) 140mm fans to replace the roof fans and it made the world of difference.

I recently purchased the older scout for my lad and didn't run into any cable management problems and seeing as the new version doesn't look a whole lot different internally I'm a litle lost by that statement in the review.

How do you see the 690II as plain looking crapman, you run a P182, they don't get much plainer than that or is it that it's plain in comparison to CM's usual offerings.:).

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's plain by comparison but that's in no mean a detriment, I very almost got a 690II once. I'm a fan of sleek minimalist cases like those from fractal and lian li.

9. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

I concur that a few lines on the end of the review along the idea of "we added two fans and now it is in the upper third of the chart now" (or "it still sucks"), would be a very nice addition...

Tags: Add Tags