1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

It seems to be laggy these days... after the last server update it has been laggy.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have spates of lag but thats not the servers thats my connection.

Mostly fine for me.

3. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Its just not smooth, i sometimes get a feeling of being pushed to the side quite a bit. The hit registration is pretty bad imo, 2feet away with a buckshot spas12 and not a single hit. Also the tank trolls who sit in them all map every map. I understand there to be used, but not all the time. Also the autobalance is broken, never autobalances near the start or middle where if you get put on the losing side you actually have a chance of winning, always near the end when the teams been wrecked. I know i sound like a whiny bitch, but all that has put me off. I did stop playing for a month, and earlier has reminded me why.

Plus its also stopped ea looking at what im doing, *****.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Sorry yo hear that, to be honest I have very few of those problems. In regards tank trolls I usually am with people who make it our priority to take down the cannon city maps at least.

And I also do a fair bit of C4 runs to do it too. Or I am part of a tank team.

5. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

I get the bouncy stuff a lot in jets. Not on foot that much. It can get really annoying. It heavily depends on the time of day though.

Also, I haven't played ANYTHING in a week. I think my hands are shaking.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I can't see why you'd want a balancer that balances half way through the game. Do you look at the scoreboard before you join a server? I seldom am in games where my team gets completely arse raped to the point that they have 1 flag. Shotguns are useless in this game unless they are used point blank. How do you mean 'pushed aside', like when you're in a jet and you feel like you're rubber banding? Thats usually down to ping tbh.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I will admit there are times when a point blank shot or dead on sniper shot just doesn't make it to the target.

Seems to just evaporate as its fired.

This is down to some more coding as the hit reg can be bad at times. That's usually down to both your ping and who you are shooting at.

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Only times I wonder about hit reg is when I see a poof of smoke or what looks like something hit, when I try to take down a chopper with my tank and it just seems to have gone into thin air.

9. BlackRaven

Well it is not my connection that is for sure as this is happening when my ping is under 50 constantly. Something happened with the last server update and looking at the forums I'm not the only one experiencing this.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Think i might be back tomorrow not Monday. So more footage to record xD

I see that Elton Noooooo hit 400 views the other day.

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm famous! :D

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

That you are! Im going to put some only in Battlefield vids together and Machinima Top Ten Plays.

I think my C4 behind the enemy is worthy but need to get something better xD

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I don't understand why DICE implemented rubber banding over straight up warping. It's one thing to just teleport a few feet and think 'hmm... lag' it's another completely to sprint into cover, make it and then have yourself slowly but unstoppably inch back out of that cover to your doom.

It's like being trolled by your own game. Getting BF3 when my new pc shows up next week(ish) so only experienced it in BC2, but damn was it annoying.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

For anyone with lag or feeling of lag. Have out looked at the network smoothing factor in gameplay in options menu.

Turning it all the way up adds 100ms delay of data packets, so turning it down makes it better but can make gameplay a little jittery.

I have mine all the way down. And with a solid 60meg connection have a low ping to most Eu/UK servers.

That said the network smoothing doesn't change your ping value which is why people blame the game etc

Im going to do some testing soon and record what i find.

15. kissinger

kissinger Minimodder

Totally agree. That is very frustrating.

16. BlackRaven

Mine is turned down as well as I was testing it. No real difference.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Im home and will be online shortly. Ready to record and shoot people in the face.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Should have finally sorted out my connection issues, so we'll give it a whirl now and see what happens :thumb:

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Only in Battlefied: Everyone decides to use C4 in a TDM match. Hilarity ensues.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I recorded all of that round and the round before and the sniping etc

It will go online in the week.