1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build log of "Unobtainable" - X79 in a white Bitfenix Prodigy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Fruergaard, 10 Sep 2012.

1. dream1

dream1 What's a Dremel?

Hi shoot in row and use Light room. This gives u more options. And i could tell u how to make better pics but what is your lens and all other camera stuff. Enyway nice build over there.

2. Telefonskaft

Telefonskaft What's a Dremel?

Hey!

Have you done the window yourself or have you bought the side panel?

Because it looks really great, and if it's done by you I'd love to hear how you made it! :)

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

4. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

Stunning system, nice windowcut. I may Ask about the "how" have you mounted the Window ?
    Simply as Doublesided Tape or some magical stuff
    As far as I´ve seen my Prodigy the Space between the Motherboard/PSU Tray and the sidepanels is really tight.

5. Fruergaard

Fruergaard What's a Dremel?

Well, I would like to show how the build looks in real life, and that's not with an external UV light :D

But I have got some settings I will try, and also my brother is coming home tomorrow which knows a lot more about taking pictures (it's his camara :thumb:)

Thanks.

The windows I have made myself along with my dad and the machines he got.

The holes in the side panel were the easy part. Drilled four holes at each corner of where the windows is going to be (we used a 13 mm drill) and then gut the rest with Jigsaw.

Window was a bit trickier. We could have made it easy by just clue it on, but it wouldn't give a smooth transition from side panel to window.

So we cut the 3 mm Plexiglas with 1-2 cm more than the holes dimensions. Then we used a big stationary saw to take away approx. 1 mm of thickness of the glass in that 1-2 cm out of the holes dimensions, and then we filed the corners round. And the we clued the side on leaving us with a smooth transition :thumb:

6. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Well, in that case.

Put the camera on a tripod, set the shutter to 20 seconds, manual focus with room lights on (easier), white balance to auto (later correct the WB in photoshop, or any raw editor, 2 sec releaser (selvudløser)

Hope you can use it:) If you want, i would suggest putting the system up on www.coolerkitlabs.dk :D

7. Fruergaard

Will try that as well.
    by the way I/my brother have a Canon Eos 7D, UV filter (didn't use that the first time, will next) and a bit of objectives but the one I use is the E-FS 17-55mm:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EF-S_17–55mm_lens
    (And a tripod)

Since my sponsor is Coolgamers.dk (competitor) then I can't really put it up there, but it goes up on Coolgamers.dk later :thumb:
    Also I will mention the build on hol.dk and hwt, when it's all done and I got the rest really good show pics.

And then I also post the build in Cooledpc.com (hope you will vote on it):thumb:

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Looks stunning mate.

Nice work!!!!!

9. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

I would have skipped the uv light totaly, doesnt fit the build at all

10. Fruergaard

Then it's good thing that I easily can disconnect the two light strips ;-)

11. Fruergaard

Hi guys

I have tried to take some more show pictures of Unobtainable.
    (still trying to get the perfekt UV picture. might go with some external UV light next time).

Because I got a Non EK reservoir I can't enter the Limited CSQ catagori (but the Open CSQ), which clearly is the best place to be put (less competition and way better prizes).
    (And i can't use the reservoirs that EK makes since the are 60mm in diameter which i 5 mm to much).

So by removing the reservoir and the two non EK motherboard waterblocks I will then enter the Limited CSQ catagori.
    Course I'm here to WIN :D

So now I know what the rest of my night will look like :rolleyes:

I will link to the new system on CooledPC.com ones it up, and still hope you will vote on it even though it missing two small blocks and a reservoir.

About bench and temps, I have out of the blue problems with leak from the flow meter :(
    Havent got time to check why it laks, but I will get it done ASAP.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2012
  12. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

I hope you enter in the competition because you have a really nice setup and a sweet case.
    EK has really small reservoirs, also to attach to pumps. I also think you can actually gain some space there.

13. Fruergaard

Haven't been able to use those res, so I just go without for the foto shoot ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi guys..

So It have been a bit quiet from me lately, but I have had an exam I also had to study for..

First off:
    You remeber the all of a sudden leaking from the flowmeter?
    Well it seemed to be the o-ring sitting badly, so tried fixing it but no luck.
    So it goes out of the system (didn't need it any way) which might just make the whole build look a bit better and less caotic :thumb:

But the leak did bring me some troubles..
    MY pump didn't start after so was a bit mad at the time :wallbash:
    But out the pump goes and with a bit of time on the hot radiator fixed it (it had taken some water in) :D

So I said I would enter the Cooledpc.com competion but in the highst catagori, so I need to take away the two motherboard blocks and reservoir.
    So empty the build and now when I had it all out, I just need to change the fan on the PSU.

WHY?
    Well, it is a nice PSU, but in idle, it's fan was the most noise part, which I just can't take.
    So out with that and in with a noctua P14 - FLX which is really good = no noise but better airflow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Really love the noctua fans, but can't use them in general because of those damn colors..

But the res, mobo blocks and flow meter came out, and the loop changed a bit and it all turned out really great (I believe).
    Many great pictures can be seen here:
    http://www.cooledpc.com/build/224

Hope you like it and will share and vote :thumb:

Next in the coming week, I will be shifting back the res and mobo blocks to finally finish the build and show you some temp, bench and OC :D

14. KoSoVaR^

Those PSU are so loud in lower loads, good that you changed the fan on that one :)

15. Fruergaard

Yea, really like the feature from Seasonic and corsiar that the fan doesn't even spin a idle :)

Shame NXZT couldnt do that to

16. KoSoVaR^

Yeah, im using a Strider for my bitfenix prodigy project (Project MonoBits) and its quiet as a mouse :clap:

17. Fruergaard

Hi Guys, Im sorry that I have been away a longer time but my studies have really been pulling my hairs :-(

Any way, Bench and such, well it turns out that the motherboard can't really OC.
    Been ad it for some time now but, when I try to set a higher multiplier in the old BIOS it doens't really take any effect, or sometimes a complete other setting. Along that the power isn't working that well a all either, so won't try to do more in case the motherboard fries it self along some other HW.

I can tough tell you that, for some reason I not sure of, the front fan can't spin more then around 700 rpm of its 900 when it's inside the case (have tried two fans now). outside its around the 900, and nothing is hitting it inside the case.
    Could it be some magnetic interference from the cables or motherboard?

So it doesn't perform that well :-( but with all fan at max (is a bit noisy) I get a CPU core temps around 50-54 and GPU at 44-46 when I make some long Prime 95 and along some unique heaven. (though the GPU's only opperate at 70-80% when Prime 95 also is running).. And the water is around 42 degrees when it's stable

About the Bench, well it would be any thing you havent seen since I cant OC the CPU :-(

18. TadZilla

TadZilla tadbitnerdy

Amazing build! I especially like how the video cards are put together. It's like a double-decker sandwich of awesome!

19. Dmlindley

Dmlindley What's a Dremel?

Hey been following your build and really like the setup! I'm interested to see if a BIOS update or another OC program will allow this bad boy to OC!

20. Fruergaard

Thanks, but it got the newest BIOS that I can download..
    And what programs where you thinking of?