1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Song Opinions - My 2003 school band!

Discussion in 'General' started by CraigWatson, 1 Nov 2012.

1. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Came across a song in my music library the other day from one of my old bands - recorded in 2003 while I was still in secondary school on the back of an A-Level student's recording session! Also I should explain that we had no vocal foldback at the time, so the singer couldn't hear himself, and one of the guitars (the one panned right) was a Squier Strat!

http://www.cwatson.org/uploads/music/player.swf?file=Nothing-To-Lose.mp3

If I'm honest I still quite like the track, but I'm interested to hear what people think almost 10 years on!

Last edited: 1 Nov 2012
  2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

The first 30 seconds or so just sounded like noise to me, but then it didn't get much better when the vocals kicked in..... sorry, not my cup of tea.

I imagine if the production/timing/levels were better, it could sound much better..... to the right ears.

3. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Fair comment :)

Our style was along the lines of Blink 182 and Box Car Racer (so punk/rock) so it may not be to everyone's taste - we did actually re-record that track with better production but the original mix wasn't that great, and we lost the multi-track WAV files when the school's music suite was converted to Macs and the studio PC was junked :(

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

It sounds a bit like I imagne my old school bands must have sounded like:
    Bad mixing, bad amps, bad vocalist Masking some OK songwriting.