1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Other retailers are as well!

Yay! :D

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Nice!

Rage at £6.50 worth a punt? Would rather pay less as I have a feeling its just going to be another boring iD shooter.

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

I really liked Rage but it's far too short. I think the single player campaign is only around 10 hours.

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I'd wait to be honest, it will be in the Christmas sale for less most likely or get a Steam key elsewhere as I did. Plenty of better games out and coming out soon.

As Lancer mentions, it isn't very long or for that matter, original.

5. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

6. suragh

suragh Derp

Scan have updated their AMD range concluding from the last post I made. :thumb: payday soon!

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not worth more than £1.99 in my opinion.

L4D 2, Bioshock 2, Plants v Zombies, Limbo, Fallout New Vegas are the ones worth having from the sale, but most will already have them, so the sale is kind of disappointing, I mean wasn't L4D series just on sale a couple days ago?

8. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

Is Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines any good? I've heard a lot of love for the game. Looks very interesting.

9. bazman24

bazman24 Minimodder

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

11. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Its not the Train vs Zombies that surprises me its the '2'. Who bought the first one to justify a squeal?

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Its a bug fest, however there are various community made patches that massively improve it.

13. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

14. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

It's a brilliant game, but as mentioned can be somewhat buggy.

I first played it and ended up saving every five minutes or so because it would CTD after 10-15.

The community patches both massively improve and worsen the crashing issues. They make the game more stable in game but using them I can guarantee that if I take too long over character creation the game will crash.

It's one of the game I think everyone should have in their collection, if only so they can see how good a game it is despite all the issues. Running an alpha build of the Source engine didn't help at all.

15. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

I'm with Paradigm Shifter: The game is very well worth 5 bucks. Actually I have only bought the game about a year ago, so I am not blinded by nostalgia or anything. The animations are all quite wooden, and the game has its edges, literally. However the story is told very well and the game is quite atmospheric - maybe due to the little flaws.

Make sure you use all the community patches. I had no problems creating a character to my liking. Also I've had maybe one or two crash so far. As always this might be down to pure luck, but then you might get lucky as well.

16. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Popcap (with the Amercian dental Association) are giving away printable codes for free copies of Plants vs Zombies for Halloween at StopZombieMouth.com

17. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

:(

18. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Now they are only slightly over priced ;)

Some games (for example Crysis 2) - are still significantly more expensive than Amazon even at half price! Three cheers for Origin!

Actually Witcher 2 looks like a great deal, and if you have never played Mass Effect 3 before (where have you been) this would be a good time to pick it up - so thanks for the heads up.

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

CS:Go reduced to £7.99 for the weekend on steam, or whatever valve calls weekend anyway, you can also play it for free for a slightly different valve interpretation of a weekend.

20. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Another decent (Well I think they are anyway lol) deal or two

Mount and Blade Collection 75% off from GMG - http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/strategy/mount-and-blade-collection/, includes the whole lot minus Napoleonic Wars. Sale is only on for another two hours however.

Gamersgate is also running a Splinter Cell sale, 9.99 for the entire series (minus Pandora Tomorrow which is not available as a downloadable game)http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/strategy/mount-and-blade-collection/

Last edited: 2 Nov 2012