1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Still, since it hit the $2mil mark, i've had a barely surpressed urge to fist-pump and shout "****ing YEAH!, baby!!"

Wouldn't look good with the boss + CEOs in the office (open plan) doing interviews

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

A big ol' interview with Chris Roberts split into two separate parts over at Rock Paper Shotgun

3. Parge

Great post from the community forums:

Cryogenicman

I’m trying to homework, but seriously who can concentrate when this game is coming out? I agree 100% with the first post. I see a lot of almost pledged nit-pickers on this and other forums. This endeavor will either raise the Space Sim’s viability from the dead or be the final nail in the coffin. If publishers won’t back it now, what will they do when they can point to a failed attempt and say “See, we told you so; back to farmville/the new fps/etc.”? If this kind of game appeals to you, just the idea, however it turns out, then support it. Support the genre. Support someone who has enough backbone to bypass his frustrations and appeal to people who want what he wants.

My wife and I pledged 125 each, not just to own the game, but to encourage good game making, and to support the real creators of stuff not the managers of those creators. Forget publishers, most of us don’t like them. Pledge just to show them up. If you let this thing fall because of a tiny reason like the ones I see floating around, you deserve to play the kind of games that will be made in the next 5-7 years, mostly horrible drivel that will receive as much attention from me as the past 4 years worth of games, ie zero. When have you ever had this much input/contact with the developer? When were you invited to Alpha test a game so it meets your expectations? I’ve never seen the lead developer personally respond to questions in a forum in an honest attempt to explain his vision of the game, or been invited to share and even add to it. Look at the amount of respect that has been shown to you as a gamer by those making the game, it is truly unbelievable in today’s world.

I really respect this project, so I support it. Even if I don’t know exactly what the finished product will be like. I believe it will work, but only if it receives the support it needs, both in players and dollars. And not only do I believe it will work, based on what I see going on, it will be the probably the best game made in the past 10 years if not ever. If you’re on the fence, with a bad taste in your mouth from other games/companies, jump off onto the side that listens, answers, and provides well made products.

Make a pledge and join the community."

4. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Loving the quote from Rock Paper Shotgun...

"That’s tremendously ambitious. It’s one of the more ambitious things I’ve heard for, um, games. Ever."

Wow.

5. Parge

Looky what I got!

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Penderyn, on Flickr

Concept art mounted on a 40" x 20" (100cm x 50cm) canvas.

6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

oooh how did you get that?

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Very nice, me likey!

8. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Wow that's well cool :) Reminds me of Blade Runner but even more sci fi and fun.

9. Parge

Just grabbed a high res one off the net, and bought it from www.my-picture.co.uk - was £33. They print them in Germany, then ship them free by UPS, said it would take 12 days to arrive, but only took 2.

The pic I took doesn't do the colours etc justice.

I'm really pleased with it, and going to get some massive Planetary Annihilation ones done for xmas from the rents.

10. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

That does look really cool...I am still always excited about this game, when I see facebook updates and other news snippets about it.... :D

11. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

This is probably going to be the longest two years ever!

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I'd rather wait 2 years locked in a room (Like OldBoy) for an epic game than have to watch the further *******isation of gaming and have publishers pretty much drop trough and take a dump on our plate.

Its good to see game designers bypass publishers like this, and also focusing so much on the much abused and neglected PC... should give them a wake up call.

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Where did you get a high res file from? I'm looking for one to use as a wallpaper but I can't manage to find one large enough for my monitor.

14. Parge

Here you go buddy - 3500x1600

[​IMG]

smc8788 likes this.
  15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Awesome, thanks!

16. Parge

Star Citizen just blew past $1,000,000 on Kickstarter alone, with another $1,971,000 on the RSI site!

I'd LOVE to get to $4m combined total, but not sure if that is possible (still 11 days to go, mind)

17. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Not good as it will not let you pledge with a debit card only with a credit card or paypal and I own neither. Oh well

YEHBABY likes this.
  18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Nope tried that as well

YEHBABY likes this.
  20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew