1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I was lazy and used console commands to get all locations. Completed storyline tonight was pretty epic to be honest. Rolled back to earlier save going to continue killing dragons and side quests. Maybe use the creation kit to make some tougher armor and weapons too.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Orca that vid made my piss myself laughing. Have some rep.

Now I need to play the Dark Brotherhood questline, unfortunately I killed the head of the DB right at the start of the quest. Is there a console command I can use to reset the quest marker(s) or will I need to start a new playthrough?

Cheers!

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Just joined the Dark Brotherhood. Have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with them. The members don't seem to fit with my expectations. Oblivion's DB was dark and menacing, Skyim's lot just seem like a bunch of nobheads. The uniform doesn't look good, the voices are bad. Nazir seems to have arrived straight out of a '70s blacksploitation movie and the old guy seems to be wearing an Abba outfit or somthing from one of the early Star Trek movies

Last edited: 10 May 2012
  4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yeah, the DB and the thieves guild were so much better in Oblivion. It felt more like I was playing a hit man rather than an assassin in Skyrim. I managed to do all the DB stuff in Oblivion without being spotted and without collateral damage, this time around that didn't seem possible.

As for the thieves guild, it seems more about you being pulled from pillar to post due to other people's personal vendettas rather than doing impersonal jobs against people you only know (and care about) as a nameless and faceless mark for the good of the guild.

It all seems a little quick to me as well. Sure it's awesome that there are so may quests to do but none of them feel as in depth as in previous games.

Having said all that, I still LOVE the game, especially the end of the main quest, that location is spectacular and just chock full of Norse mythology (carefully renamed of course...)

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

There is a command but only works if you can select the guy you killed.

Code:
    [CENTER]Killed someone you didn't mean to? Target them once in the console menu and type "Resurrect" and it will bring them back from the grave as they were before the fight started.[/CENTER]

Last edited: 9 May 2012
  6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I fought two dragons at once the other day while out roaming the land. Not particularly interesting to you guys I'm sure, but it was a very cool surprise to me. Didn't know it was possible. Was loads of fun.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

If you want a real challenge force spawn four dragons at your location i bet that would be fun!!

I wonder could you import say Super Mutants into the game xD then spawn them in the middle of whiterun!

8. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Make the Dragons different classes as well, like one fire, one ice etc...

It would make it difficult to equip all the right gear and weapons.

A little extra challenging for you.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I might just give this a go. And post a video too. With infinite health on I might add.

Code:
    player.placeatme
    plus the npc or creatures individual code!

I tried this and spawn three dragons all at the same location. You can also put them inside citys and towns too.

Last edited: 9 May 2012
  10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Funnily enough one was a fire and the other was ice. Pity it wasn't elder dragons really.

I'm thinking about adding the mod that makes dragons harder, coz as they are they are so damn easy to kill. I find vampire masters or high level necromancers harder quite honestly.

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Thought i would get back into skyrim with all the mods used in the collection Bit-tech mate in that article made today.
    Any help with getting a new follower?? i have no idea how to get a new one after lidya died...

12. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick this up atm? Digital download preferably

13. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

I've just restarted from fresh and am loving it. Going to use the mods now though after reading the article.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers List near the bottom.

14. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

I haven't used a single follower.
    If I get one I automatically dismiss them as most of the time they end up annoying the crap outta me trying to stealth around

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

We all know you a solitary grumpy git at the best of times!! xD I don't use them either always get in my way. I need to either rerole or load an old save and play through the side quests.

16. Scroome

Scroome Modder

So, new dlc announced for Skyrim. Dragon Born.

Haven't seen the trailer yet, but it's supposed to be more substancial than Dawn Guard.

Has anyone played Dawn Guard, by the way? Is it worth it?

I'm also guessing that PC users will have to wait until the new year to play this, as it's on the Xbox from December 4th?

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Dawn Guard is great, loads to do and the crossbow is awesome, esp when made at a high level. Hearthfire isn't bad esp as it's a cheap one, it has a few nice additions such as the dragon bone weapons

18. Soren

Soren What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to find some time and start on this beauty, which has been sitting "on the desk" and waiting for quite some time now. :(

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah, Hearthfire is pretty good, nice to have a decent house with space to hold all my armour sets in a nice organised (read OCD) fashion, :D.

I've not got Dawngaurd yet though, will probably get it next year.

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I've got Hearthfire as well. I actually got it for my partner, because they love building games and I needed a new pad to keep my things at. Best of both ;)

I'll probably hold off until the new year, before getting the others. You just know that Steam will have a dlc sale for the both at some point.

I haven't played Skyrim since about March, but now the weather is turning, I feel the urge for the snowy mountains again. I just didn't feel right playing it in twenty plus degree weather.