1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU AMD fx-8350 - Come with a cooler/heatsinc?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by prodigydoo, 5 Nov 2012.

1. prodigydoo

prodigydoo What's a Dremel?

ok I just bought the AMD fx-8350 from here http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=9742

For the life of me, i'v got no idea if it comes with:
    1. a heatsinc / Cooler of some sort
    2. Thermal paste (im assuming it probably comes pre applied if there is a heatsinc)

I'm sure you guys could tell me straight away, and usually i would assume a cpu would come with a heatsinc. It's just that I'v heard of some cpu's not coming with one because there "extreme" and its assumed your buying an aftermarket cooler.. well there right, i will be watercooling it, but just not yet...

So if anyone can confirm or deny, I shall thank you enternaly
    and if it comes with anything else? free stuff is always exciting

Thanks

2. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Yes, it should come with a cooler since it's the boxed retail model instead of the OEM model.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Yes, Boxed AMD FX processors come with a reference cooler and thermal-paste preapplied to the cooler.

But I'm thinking you've not considered your options if you're buying into the FX series at this point. Plus the stock AMD heatsink is a loud beast, so prepare to use earplugs.

4. prodigydoo

prodigydoo What's a Dremel?

Thank you,

I will be building a water-cooling loop for it in a month or two.. i just wanted to make sure i could run it before then, so noise doesn't bother me ;)

im interested as to why your thinking i havent considered my options.. The build will mainly be used for rendering 3d scenes/animation/videos.. For the price point, 8 cores at such a clock speed (will oc when watercooling is installed) and benchmarks (especially in the field im interested in) to back it up, i thought it was a good decision. What is your opinon?