1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Karas, 15 Sep 2011.

1. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Dawnguard is worth the money, imo. It's nice to have a follower who is attractive and has a somewhat humorous(dry humour) personality.

To be 100% honest, I would consider it overpriced if it wasn't for the voice acting. Mods just don't have good VA.

2. Scroome

Scroome Modder

That's the issue I'm currently having.

When Dragon Born comes out, I'm guessing that it's going to be very much priced to Dawn guards tag. If so, that's going to be nearly £30 for both dlc. You can purchase the main game for that, which lasts hours longer.

I know this sort of pricing system has been around for a while now and it's a case of "get used to it" from developers, but I feel almost dirty having to pay those prices. I have got around it, by waiting for sales etc but Dawn guard has been out for three months now, without a mark down. I'm guessing they'll do it around Christmas, which will probably be too early for Dragon born.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

But if you look at it like this, it's better.

The more people who buy the DLC at this cost, the better the next Elder Scrolls game should be, and that it's worth putting time into for Bethesda. (In Theory, :D :D)

4. Malvolio

Malvolio .

The method I've always used for DLC packs on games like this is to wait until they release the "GOTY" or special edition version, as it typically contains all of the DLC plus the game for less than the cost of a couple of the DLC packs. Means I end up owning the game twice, but get a good deal on the DLC, though I do end up having to wait a while...

5. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I wait until all the DLCs are out then get them in a Steam sale at 75% off. I don't see the point in paying more for DLC than the original game cost and probably get less content/gameplay time.

6. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Think I will wait for the DLC to go down in the Christmas sale (hopefully) bit steep at the moment.

7. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Considering the general downward trend of the Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind was the peak), i'd wager Bethesda would be more likely to spend all that DLC money on speedboats and hookers than actually move the franchise forward.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Elder Scrolls Online looks like it's going to be pretty epic.

Also, Skyrim was the fastest selling game on steam (from what I can tell, still is). So that's got to be a good sign.

9. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I was actually quite surprised with Skyrim.

I mean, besides the mediocre graphics and the clear favouritism towards console gamers Bethesda didn't do a bad job. Skyrim certainly felt like an elder scrolls game to me.

I'm in agreement that Morrowind has certainly been the peak of the series, but I'm happy to know that the franchise hasn't gone totally teenage fan boy.

I'm not totally convinced about an online version of the series, but that's down to personal taste. For me, playing an elder scrolls game is about that solitude to begin with. The world seems so large and you seem so small.

10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Have to agree with Scroome: An online version, though an awesome idea, will inevitably be dragged down by A**hole 14y/o kids screaming for help/gold/swearing at random people/noobs/trolls/etc. Then there's the goldfarmers, the spamers, phishing site adverts.....

Also being a MMO will mean that our ability to mod the game will be severely limited - so no more quick fixes to quests and the like from the community. Have to wait for Bethesda to patch that! :wallbash:

ya, thanks Bethesda, but im fine where I am now :thumb:

11. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Ugh, I can picture it now.

Some jumped up 14 y.o with a maxed out player going around and wiping noobs out for the sheer fun of it. I supposed that the flip side of that, is that hopefully enough decent players with an actual moral compass will gang up on idiots like that.

We'll see.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I won't play the online version, I'll just wait for TES 6.

13. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Who are then reported by said 14y/o for "ganking" him :wallbash:

Only if the Majority of players (like 3/4 at least) are mature, and have that moral compass will want to paly that game.

I know there are a ton of people like that that play MMOs. Problem is that we are generally outnumbered by the rage trolls. :sigh:

14. Tangster

Revamped my ENB setting last night. Got some beautiful screenshots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Would you share your presets with us? :D

16. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

This!

What's the cheapest way of getting the main game and Dawnguard currently?

17. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Anyone played Dragonborn DLC yet? Heard it's bigger than Dawnguard, with new skills, armor, weapons, the lot.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I have not had a chance to get on it yet but I've had a quick nosey through the wiki, 2 new weapon sets, 4 armour sets (plus plenty of unique items of both) and 2 new areas. The island of Solstheim looks to be pretty big and if it is anything like it was in Bloodmoon, there should be plenty of exploring to do.

19. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

20. Tangster

Started, but I've mostly been trying to recover my ENB setting that I stupidly deleted. All I've managed is to be attacked by the cultists.

Too much bokeh and the blur is messing up in actual gameplay...erk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should've gone to Specsavers?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is nice:)
    [​IMG]

If anyone wants a play, I can upload my current ENB settings in a zip.