1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Call of Duty - Black Ops II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by alastor, 2 May 2012.

1. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Not bought a COD since MW2 but might get this for some zombie action, lets be honest shooting zombies is alway fun. And like its said above sometimes it is just fun to race around killing people without the teamwork in BF3 or ARMA. But dont know if it justifies the 40 squid on steam.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you know you could just get Killing Floor

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

just played it on a ps3 and well , praphics wise its the same as cod was in 2007 , theres only so much they can push the ancient hardware with now , and DX11 is far far nicer.

gameplay - sorry done it all before and muliplayer is hacking allready

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'd say that's a fair statement for the entire game industry right now, there's neither a commercial nor technological desire to push tech (especially graphics) forward. Whether it's the 'totally not based on Tech 3' CoD engine or the crushing weight of Unreal Engine 3 most people don't care about the graphics getting any better.

Can't say I blame them, I'd happily play the Quake Engine forever if it meant I could have some bleeding imagination in my shooters again.

5. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Has anybody done a good run on PC yet? Comments?

Like what are the graphics under DX11 like compared to console? And what's the new zombies like? Can't check because college interent filters can suck a bag of d***s

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought the SP was quite good actually... still quite easy.

Played 10 mins of multi, and thats enough. Time to uninstall.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I've said all this since the first Black Ops came out. (which I didn't buy) CoD4 was the last good one, since then they have failed to innovate the engine or the game-play and supporting them is treason to gaming IMO.

If they revamp the engine and re-balance the game, maybe innovate where possible (hard in their shooter franchise, I know) then I'd be willing to give it a chance. As it is now, it's a spam fest full of kids in an engine which makes source look good.

8. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Gametrailers.com review made me puke a little in my mouth. They definitely get a wee handout.

It doesn't look half bad though, certainly better than MW3.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

rank 27 or something now... i found out that im a boss at CTF

10. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

I haven't posted here in a while and even while I type I suspect I may regret saying this but (muted apologies to those that parted with cash for this)...but...

What kind of gumby, slow-blinking, mouth-breathing, barrel-chested f**kwit parts with 40 quid for something that regresses FPS back to Daikatana level... ?

So sad that the PC gaming industry is so in the thrall of consoles and a fast buck.

Meh.

11. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Killing floor is easily the best zombie game. Also no other game makes the guns as good as the guns in killing floor. I don't know how it does it, but killing floor has the most satisfying guns, by a long way.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

and UT`99 looks better than MW3 - which says it all really....

13. rollo

rollo Modder

I enjoyed mw 3 but i have not brought black ops 2 nor will i.

MW3 was worth buying to see the Soap story complete and the single player in those games is worth playing.

Wether black ops 2 is worth the £40 on steam i dont know but you can pick up the pc version in tesco ( at least the one in durham city anyway) for £26 it installs into steam, Its probably not a bad deal at that price range.

14. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Agreed. I quite liked the MW story. It wasn't half bad and all I was looking forward to was to complete the story. multiplayer has been meh since after COD4. WaW was also cool. I like WW2 and there hasn't been a decent game in a while (in the FPS genre).

15. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

It's a pity that although all the console kiddies will be playing it, legally, none of them are old enough to play it...

16. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I quite like it.

Graphics wise it looks nice but not a lot of improvement over previous releases.
    It plays well on multi-player and I like the dedicated servers.

It's not as amazing as BF3 but I had more fun in Cod last night than i do in BF3. :)

17. techhead

techhead Minimodder

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

19. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

Im 22 and in college with a load of 17 year olds and all there going on about is Cod and thinking i stoped at CoDmw2. now i have BF3 and find that realy boring. Im just finding the games market is stagnating abit at the moment and all the big devs are waiting for an indie dev to bring somthing new to games then buy them out.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It depends how it sells - if it meets the sales target and metacritic score target then it will carry on. The last one did not sell as well as expected, so if this one continues the downward trend (unlikely I think) then maybe something will change.