1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I enjoy this thread and this mod so much! From a caterpillar to a butterfly that is! Creation that is!!! :)

2. bundymania

bundymania Bastelorakel Industries Worldwide

WOW very nice work so far !

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

That's brilliant! :thumb:

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Alex :)

Thanks bundy :)

Thanks kidmod :)

Woo hooo, I no longer feel left out of the star trollery. :hehe:

Had a huge session starting yesterday & finished up at noon today, was well in the mod zone to go on all day but had to go supermarket, it broke my flow, came back ate some food, was just about to get stuck back into this but after setting things up to continue my senses must have dulled rapidly, yawning my head off with sloppy hand eye coordination, made a coffee & a tea for my dad I knocked the full fresh hot cup of tea on my crotch lol, I took it as a clear sign to not continue modding today or I would screw something up badly, luckily I was wearing thick jeans & it stopped me from getting burnt but it looked like I peed myself, oh well. :D

Getting the rods to exact tight fit, took a while. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then started taking it all apart to add the mounting holes for the rods & to take some material out so the revised HDD cage covers look better by not showing the ends of the bent covers.
    [​IMG]

Then a hefty load of drilling & tapping, showing the 5mm rod I drilled & tapped for m3 screws here, this shows how awesome that rod drill helper is being able to do this, pretty amazing DIY tool I think but drilling the longer rods was more difficult, had to use my square to make sure I was drilling square. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other bits I did but didn't take pictures along the way, was focusing on progressing more.

Rounded the edges of all the 10mm plates, removed the teeth marks on the power switch piece using the new detail sander, took apart the power switch piece a few times to shorten the width so it would fit in with the rods.

The 3mm rods I couldn't do where I did the mounting holes so I'll have to carefully move the 3mm holes forward a touch or buy 2mm rod but it comes on coils so would have to make it perfectly straight so I'm going to try moving the holes forward 0.5mm, as long as I do it with extreme care it should work nicely still.

The rounded edges, 5mm & 10mm rods installed using countersunk screws & grub screws for the level change, good & solid.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am aiming to get the HTPC done this weekend though & when I say done I mean the main structure completed, not the finishing touches like cable management holes, edge & surface finishing, I'll likely wake up during the night & get back onto it & try to have it done by the end of Sunday so I can start on the gaming rig on Monday. :)

5. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Shove the mc donalds employee of the week stars up your ahhh. :thumb::lol:

OK got that out of my system, OK not quite. :)

But as soon as that anti competitive boot dropped on this I said to myself screw competitions completely so that means I can ease back to being human & go at a human pace to complete this which will improve my sanity also so that's not exactly a bad thing. :thumb:

I know very well I could have completed this in time if I kept that pace up & was doing until I seen the demotion as reward for actually making this happen, I was making this extra effort for bit-tech MOTY 2012 so be proud of yourself whoever was the maggot who did that, must be a valued member of this fine community. :hehe:

6. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

It will be jealousy,such a cruel mistress....almost as bad as OPEC...

And not cool. :nono:

Ignore it Wayne,we (normal people) recognize skill and what you are trying to achieve,stars dont change that.

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Not sure what OPEC is :D but I am ignoring it but I'm also ignoring competitions from now, not completely, I'll still vote & comment on them but I'm not giving a crap about taking part in them. :rock::hehe:

Thanks dude :) I did want to play hitman anyway lol so now I can, :D it also means this project will be extra awesome with having a lot more time to do it plus my sanity will still work, that's quite important. :thumb:

8. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

just ignore the stars Waynio...:wallbash:
    this build is already and going to be awesome.
    Nuff said.

btw I like your rods :worried:

9. B NEGATIVE

http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/

In short,they are guys setting oil prices.....

10. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Star rating is utterly ********!

When u see the progress of this build picture by picture u know every minute is dedicated to perfection!

11. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Don't worry about the stars Wayne, the rating system hasn't got enough stars for a correct rating of your build anyway ;) :thumb:

12. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

Not sure how the star thing works here but I now understand why you were killing yourself working on this build, I was actually going to say "Don't burn yourself out on this project" but you've worked that out for yourself, I'll still vote for you as I'm sure many others will to, as for the haters, just talentless, ultra envious wannabes that can't even bang a nail in straight,
    ShinyAli, that's BetaBrain to you :thumb:

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

A simple request.

Thanks guys, I got an idea. :)

Just so everyone knows it's not just the rating of silly virtual stars if that's what you thought, that really would be ridiculous to be getting so pissed about I know, :D it's more than that, the ratings are just the straw that is almost breaking the camels back for me here & it should be a temporary thing that will pass fast but I have a request. :)

Some of us want the rating thing to have a switch to turn it on/off, guess that requires some complicated coding of some sort so I have an alternative idea & I do like it a hell of a lot, probably because I am a bit crazy but nonetheless I like it.

It has been initiated now so I would be amused & very happy & pleased if it got completely demoted to the lowest rating, would genuinely cheer me up a lot & is a way to void the hateful cheap trick these ass heads are doing so do it, reverse flip that sh!t on them I like that since we can't speak with them to show these mofos we do not care about stupid ass stars, I would consider it a big favor because every time I see it it will make me lol instead of growl angrily while they lol in their nappies which will help me do this project happier here. :D

It's a good solution that doesn't require any complicated coding doing by anyone, just a quick pop in here & rate it to the lowest but it requires the community to do that simple little task that will take people a couple of seconds of their time to do & as sledgehammer said trust me I know what I'm doing. ;)

For now I will top up on some fun, eat like a hungry hippo & get plenty of sleep & I'll be itching to get back at it in no time & I hope to see my rating as low as it can go when I do or I will stop posting here & go elsewhere without saying a thing, it's a very simple tiny request I think, if you can't do that as a community then I'm in the wrong place posting here.

No need for replies to this, just knock it down as low as it will go but it needs a community team effort to really make it stay down, maybe some will enjoy doing it lol :D but what it does is let those gits know they can not possibly aggravate me properly especially in the form of a coward with no balls or brains I will always find a way to beat them, this is also a real test of community here, everyone 1 star this & I'll be back in a few days, say thank you & continue posting.

Again trust me I do know what I'm doing, I'm making it so they can't bother me by playing cowardly games, I love this idea. :):rock:

rak500 likes this.
  14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Oh screw it, ban me, terminate my account here whatever it is you do to close it.

I really can't be arsed posting here again.

15. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

I can't give you 1 star... I already gave you 5...

Bah! :duh: You'll never get this case done if you don't have us "regular Waynio commenters" to keep bugging you about no updates :D

16. B NEGATIVE

Really?

I thought there was more to you than this Wayne,do you really care about stars?
    Remember that some dont see your work as you do, I 5 starred you cos I value it like that...some dont,maybe unfairly so.

Either way,you shoudnt let it bother you.

17. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Waynio,I don't understand why you want to people give you 1 star. I don't use rating system too much and don't care about it.

I gave you 1 star becuse you want it,but that should be 5 star.

18. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

That ^

19. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I'm quite sure we had something similar to this a while back :p and another +1 to what Mosquito said...

[EDIT] We all hope/know. that you will bounce back. there are plenty of people really enjoying this build and looking forward to every update that you put out. No need to be influenced by the start trolls.

You have put so much effort into this unique build. You cant let it go to waste.

And we need the crazy Waynio fix that you always provide with your excellent craftsmanship :thumb:

Last edited: 21 Nov 2012
  20. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Noooooo don't stop posting, how am I gonna get my fix then?! Screw the stars!