1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress "Al - 13 - "Duplicity" Big update, getting shiny, nearly finished!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ShinyAli, 14 Sep 2012.

1. fr0Zen

fr0Zen back i guess

I love the silverstone inspired hot air rises design element. The execution is over the top and overall quality:thumb:

2. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

Thank you for all your comments, much appreciated :thumb:

As you get near the end of a build and you stop and take a step back to look at what you have made I often find it surprising how it all happened, sometimes I can't really remember making some parts, it's like an endless reverie :cooldude:

Last edited: 21 Nov 2012
  3. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

really great build! and you are right about the conceptual sketches, the first thought i had was "ooh another alubar build, giant case no sides or really messy... but i was wrong! and i really like this chassis :rock: :rock: :thumb:

A suggestion that i have is however that you dont put a knob that points out of the chassis side, i think it would look wrong! try to cut out a rectangular hole in the side and make a little handle thats folds out when you press at the top/bottom of the cutout, the turning point on the inside so all you'll see on the outside will be a flat surface.

kinda hard to explain, english is not my native language.... >.<

4. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

I agree with that 100%.

Great work :thumb:

5. ShinyAli

ShinyAli What's a Dremel?

Hi kelmannen, Your right, no sticking out door knobs :nono: As the doors are held shut by magnets and a steel plate I have an idea to use some even stronger Neodymium magnets set into a detachable door knob to pull the door open, It's an idea I had a while ago but forgot about...I need more magnets :rolleyes:

6. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

good, i'm relived now :)

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Really nice creation ShinyAli, looks a perfect layout & I'd say if not the best then at least amongst the best layouts I've seen for a regular ish form of case, love the way you access the insides too, wish I had space to add gas struts now, it's doubtful but of course I'll double check, still not totally sure how I'll be mounting mine, was going to go with a plug in place type system but gas struts are pretty sweet. :D

Looks awesome too. :)

Sure had no idea you was beta brain too. :D

8. doveman

doveman What's a Dremel?

Aw man, who nicked all your photos. I was going to refer to them for my own build.