1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

No, sorry that was DH. Give this a quick read, not sure if its right or not but the site has been somewhat useful in explaining what skills to use and why. Also has an item guide but I wouldn't follow that too much as it all depends on your play style and how much gold you have.

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/yorkie-2364/

Feel free to add me. I'm nowhere near your level yet, I enjoy both chars so I split my time instead of concentrating on just one. Keeps things fresh I guess..

3. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

Check my profile for my build. I swap mantra when I farm to Mantra of Conviction with Overwave. Mantra of healing for the extra 20% AR buff is only when I do machines with friend at high MP levels.

So anyone other bit-techers up for a machine run?

4. mansueto

I'd love to but don't think I can seeing as I'm on the American servers. Anyone wanna confirm this?

5. Digi

Argh, good point. I'm not sure about this at all.

I reckon I'm going to spend a few hours (days..) blasting all the other chars up to 60 so that I have the full set and none of my drops goes to waste.

6. lava

lava Minimodder

AFAIK (unless it's changed since launch) you cant play cross servers. Characters/AH/RMAH are all separate EU/America/Asia

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

just double checked, characters are indeed separate.

8. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

9. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Give me a shout and I can boost you on MP10.

10. Digi

Is that doable?? O_O

That would be mad having a level 10-30 char in there!

11. mansueto

I wonder if I should switch to EU to play with you guys and just make a class I haven't tried. I really want to try monk so I'd leave that on my main US account but maybe try out a WD or give barb another go. I'll have to see what I can do later on tonight.

Felix, mind posting your profile also? I saw mp10 so just curious to see what build and what kinda gear you have.

12. Comfyasabadger

Yea create an EU char. MP10 boosting Cheesecake ;p

13. Digi

I can attest to this! 10 levels in about 30-40 mins (23-33) with Comfy last night, it works.

@Comfy - did a proper long act 3 run/farm yesterday on the barb to really get him going again, as I want him to be my main again. It worked beautifully, died twice the whole 3+ hours I was going at it. Definitely going to be xp'ing up nice and quick at this pace. All I need is a helm with big gem now and some rings/gloves and some more dps peices.

14. Comfyasabadger

Full Act 3 clears are good if you want to farm legendaries, but if your purely after experience do the Alkaizer route that I showed you. Most efficient xp/hour.

15. mansueto

Think I'll try a monk on EU with you guys! Added Felix and Digi but with assignments and stuff I won't get far leveling wise until Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.

16. Comfyasabadger

Add me too Comfy#2504. Leveling Digi's WD atm and will prob ding 60 soon.
    He can bring his monk when we go again.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2012
  17. mansueto

Made a EU account, up to level 9 I think. On my main American profile just ran ubers on ml6 and got an a1 key, plus 2/3 organs. I have 2 eyes and a spine now. Just need to farm keys to get my last organ for the ring!

I'm happy I've met some cool people from pug games who have helped me key hunt and are well geared to help with the ubers.

18. Digi

Got to 60 from 32 in about 3 hours yesterday with Comfy's help. So we can definitely get you going proper this week. It's a pretty big leap starting a fresh EU account, cool to see you over though! :thumb:

19. mansueto

Yea, the change to having nothing is really throwing me off. I'll be playing on and off as I have time. I've got a bunch of school things to take care of so Wednesday afternoon / evening I'll be free to play for longer periods of time. Pretty excited for monk still, haven't played one but seeing as they can do some pretty good damage and sustain extremely well, I have high hopes.

As for the American side of things, I want to gear up my barb but I can't afford anything. I've spent all my money on my DH and once I start farming higher ML levels with friends (I pretty much insta-die if I try to solo anything from ml4 and up) is really putting me off. What good is damage if you're constantly dead. Short of rebuilding for more survive, I think I would benefit more from gearing my barb. Think I need to start farming and saving.

Edit:
    On an unrelated note, there's a Barb named kongor who streams on twitch, guy was averaging low 3 million dmg per crit, and his highest crit was 4 million. This was also from about a week ago so I'd imagine it's increased ever so slightly now. Pretty ridiculous. Even funnier, he just streams and farms rings and people pay him to kill their ubers on ml10. He gets 10 million gold PLUS the people provide the 3 key sets. He could probably make a killing from the RMAH by selling copious amounts of gold or even drops.

20. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

For the monk question....

Seize the initiative, one with everything &

I use fleet footed to get thru runs faster, but you can change it up to Resolve if your at a progression stage or near death experience if your in Hardcore (only hardcore, its a waste on softcore).